AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I think the footage at the ice cream store is very important”

That’s about all there is to go on except for the brothers account of what happened and the one home video that caught the red suv that was dismissed for some reason.
Yes - and a n0nverbal three year old isn't much help unfortunately. I do think that whomever took the child might very well have been inside that store at the time of the ice cream purchase....or observing from outside.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Wouldn't it be great if David Marshburn, the private investigator from NC got involved in Dulce's case? He is amazing. He has found other missing children by various means, including 5 year old Lucas Hernandez. Dulce's family would have to ask him to come.

I would love to know his thoughts on this case.

NC private investigator reflects on 2018 missing person cases

Does anyone know if the reward money has exclusions? Would someone with illegal status still be eligible to receive it if their tip led to Dulce? Without facing repercussions of deportation, I would think the reward money to be a strong motivating factor for someone to come forward, illegal or not.
If an illegal person would qualify, I think that needs to be put out there if it hasn’t already. So far, the community has been told that there would be no risk of deportation if someone came forward. How about letting them know they’re eligible for reward money as well?

I do wish that Dulce's Mom had called LE first before calling her brother and having him bring his dog to help search for Dulce. I think we may have more information if LE had been on the scene sooner. I am sure she wishes that she did the same, too.
She was actually asked if she would do anything differently if she could and she kind of mumbled "no". Obviously she could have done a few things differently, watching the child being one of them, even if she stayed in the car. The playground is visible from the car, but it doesn't sound like she actually saw anything at of what happened. Then calling her brother to come with the dog instead of calling police right away-that likely caused a substantial delay and some of the witnesses likely left before police even showed up. Which weirdly police don't seem to realize because they apparently believed they interviewed all of those playing on the court. Which I don't think is the case.

She was actually asked if she would do anything differently if she could and she kind of mumbled "no". Obviously she could have done a few things differently, watching the child being one of them, even if she stayed in the car. The playground is visible from the car, but it doesn't sound like she actually saw anything at of what happened. Then calling her brother to come with the dog instead of calling police right away-that likely caused a substantial delay and some of the witnesses likely left before police even showed up. Which weirdly police don't seem to realize because they apparently believed they interviewed all of those playing on the court. Which I don't think is the case.

Mom said she couldn't see the swings from her car because of the rise in the hill, which should have been a concern to her when she remained in her car. I was surprised that she wouldn't admit that she could have done things differently. Even if she wasn't maternal, I think an average baby sitter would have been more responsible.

After searching for Dulce and finding that she had vanished, calling her brother to bring the dog instead of calling the police denote's her lack of awareness to the urgency of the situation. The same can be said for her brother who didn't advise her to call LE immediately, and thought the dog might find her.

It is really unfortunate the way they handled Dulce's abduction, but I think they did what they thought was right. We don't know why they didn't call LE immediately, but imo they were naive.

In this case, I don't think LE being called immediately would have made much difference. Dulce was long gone in the time before her mom started looking for her. JMO

I just read that Dulce's mother learned she's

NG did not have a local news reporter on, in the same way her guests were conversing during this podcast, but she did play what ABC Action News reporter Maggie Kent (31:32) said during one of Kent's newscasts.

I started to write everything that Maggie Kent reported during the podcast so all could know and I stopped. I do not want to cause any anger or outrage from a NG podcast. I only wanted to point out now since it was said, that local news was involved. Also, there were other's in this podcast that did not have the same opinion as the people I mentioned in my past post. I did not know many had this opinion of NG. I will not mention NG again.

I did find an interview on the 8 yr-old sister today, from 9/18. She did speak on camera to the public. She was defending her sister.

Just because we are not privy to all information doesn't mean the aunt did not speak to LE, as they are saying. We don't know

AMBER ALERT NJ: Police looking into social media postings in search for missing New Jersey girl

I am sorry, I did not mean to make you feel like you could not post about NG. I know I was one of those who had something to say about Nancy. I was not trying to shoot the messenger at all! After Lucas's case I just refuse to follow her because of some of the outright lies she told and the fact that she refuses to fact check or she does and just doesn't care. She is in it for the ratings but what upsets me the most is that some people take her word as gospel and that makes problems when trying to sort through the actual facts of a case. It also makes SM even more horrible, where the people have absolutely no filter and love spreading rumors. My problem is with NG.

This is the 1st I have heard of a video where the 8 year old defended Noema. Is this something that can be found online? I would love to add it to my collection of articles. I think that it is good that she did that, many people are speculating that the little sister is afraid to tell the truth or that she is covering for Noema. I just can't seeing an 8 year old doing that. I think the police would have had her messing herself and blurting the truth if there was something really sinister going on. IMO

Never mind. I saw after that you shared the link and I see that I misunderstood. I had forgotten until now that there is another sibling.

I know it has been discussed repeatedly here about Noema’s English ex: using floor instead of ground, getting down from the car instead of out ...
We have also been frustrated with the inconsistencies in the media reporting on this case.
It was said that the media has been known to take one statement and change the words to fit the narrative or make better headlines.

I would like to know if LE has asked the media if they recorded the interviews for print articles - to establish if there were in fact inconsistent statements or if it was simply a case of the media changing her story.

In the Philadelphia Inquirer article from 9/18

“While Alavez Perez spoke with her sister about the little girl’s homework in the parking lot, Dulce and Manuel ran toward the swings on the playground about 30 yards away. They were out of sight for less than three minutes when Manuel ran back, crying and pointing to a spot near park buildings, she said.”

However in the press conference from 9/30 Noema says that after her sister realized they didn’t see the kids they got out from the car.

In one article that I read, which if I can find I will add link here, Noema said that she didn't know why things were being said that she never said. It is clear in the 911 call that she told the operator that her and sister went to go find the kids after they didn't see them. But in some articles it states that the little boy came back to the car crying and in others it states that Noema and her sister found him crying on the playground. The language barrier is a big deal, no matter how some might try to stress that it isn't. But in this particular instance, I think the inconsistencies are from poor reporting. I have never wished more that the police do a press conference at least to correct what has been falsely reported. I seriously doubt that the police letting the public know that the boy did not run back to the car crying is going to hinder the investigation. There have been very few press releases in relation to this case.

She had to ask what they meant by that. That is what "como?" means. I do not think she understood the question, just like her response when she was asked why she thought someone took her daughter. IMO, she answered that she would not have done anything differently because she feels like she did nothing wrong. She has already stated that she would have "got down" with the kids and that she normally does.

Mom said she couldn't see the swings from her car because of the rise in the hill, which should have been a concern to her when she remained in her car. I was surprised that she wouldn't admit that she could have done things differently. Even if she wasn't maternal, I think an average baby sitter would have been more responsible.

After searching for Dulce and finding that she had vanished, calling her brother to bring the dog instead of calling the police denote's her lack of awareness to the urgency of the situation. The same can be said for her brother who didn't advise her to call LE immediately, and thought the dog might find her.

It is really unfortunate the way they handled Dulce's abduction, but I think they did what they thought was right. We don't know why they didn't call LE immediately, but imo they were naive.

In this case, I don't think LE being called immediately would have made much difference. Dulce was long gone in the time before her mom started looking for her. JMO
Could have made a difference because of the witnesses some of whom I am pretty sure left before police ever showed up. We know the witness who is the source of the sketch only came forward recently. So that witness might have been one of those who left. Memory fades with time, and the sooner witness is questioned, the better. If police think they questioned everybody who was there because the captured people on body cameras, do they not realize that there was a gap between child going missing and 911 call, and likely some of the witnesses have left before police even showed up?

She had to ask what they meant by that. That is what "como?" means. I do not think she understood the question, just like her response when she was asked why she thought someone took her daughter. IMO, she answered that she would not have done anything differently because she feels like she did nothing wrong. She has already stated that she would have "got down" with the kids and that she normally does.
She understood it enough to answer "no." Which is consistent with the idea that she thinks she did nothing wrong. So why blame it on English skills?

She understood it enough to answer "no." Which is consistent with the idea that she thinks she did nothing wrong. So why blame it on English skills?

I agree.

Also should we interpret this response down to language barrier. It is a clear answer unqualified and to the point. No confusion or taken out of of context

Operator: Ah OK so you’re at the basketball courts behind the high school?

Caller: Yes.

Last edited:
I am very surprised to read that mom stated she wouldn't do anything differently.
For me, any judgements in missing childrens cases are often based not just on the fact that the parent wasn't watching their child at that moment, because 99% of parents have some sort of story to share where they lost sight of their child, (in fact, almost every case, posters here will share their own stories) but the how and why are what I tend to focus on. To me, what the parent was doing instead plays an enormous role in my overall feelings about it.

Imo, there's a difference between turning to grab some cereal off the shelf while grocery shopping for your family, scratching it off your list then looking back up to find that your child is gone/has run off/run ahead an aisle over/has hidden behind bulky items in a lower shelf. (A narrative often shared here)

and

Going to the park, staying in the car despite the children not being in view scratching off lotto tickets instead and having an 8-9 year old have to bring your attention to the fact that the kids haven't been seen for the last 10 minutes.

Playgrounds aren't as safe as people assume, and not because there's dangerous people lurking around waiting to steal your children. Injuries are the #1 issue. Accidents happen and you sometimes can't prevent them, but having your eye on your child(ren) definitely helps in terms of coming to their aid fast should an injury occur.

CDC - Playground Injuries

Not to mention, sometimes kids can be jerks at playgrounds. You want to be sure you're within an earshot and can see what is going on because sometimes kids don't know how to play nice with others and you don't want your own child being treated poorly or worse yet, your kid being rude to others. Hard to gauge the situation if you can't hear and aren't watching.

I'm just rambling on at this point. Kids get lost, parents take their eyes off their children, It happens. It's avoidable, but it still happens. We tend to polish our parenting skills from our own past mistakes & oversights or those of other parents. To simply say there is no mistake, there is no oversight, it was completely unavoidable, or that you wouldn't change anything about the situation, while it may spare a parent of feelings of guilt or embarrassment, it doesn't teach anyone anything in what I think are very important, teachable moments.

All the main safety precautions I take are not because I was born with the gift of being a knowledgeable person but because I've learned from other people's bad experiences or mistakes. To answer that no, there's nothing she would have done differently about the situation is surprising and a bit alarming to me, especially considering there is a still a 3 year old and a new baby on the way. I can think of 2 things I wish I'd done very differently just yesterday and none of those situations ended in tragedy by any means, but when thinking about them afterwards, making some changes would have given me better results. There's always something to be learned, there's always a teachable moment.

I hope little Dulce can be found safe and returned to her family. My years here have made me jaded/pessimistic in terms of that happening but I still wish for that so much for Dulce and her family!

Even from the car, it appears one can see the playground, and swings are only partially obstructed by a small hill. So it would appear Dulce's mother wasn't watching at all, since she herself didn't see anything of what happened. Was there a man, wasn't there a man? I guess I am just getting frustrated that the child has been missing for so long, and we still have no clue as to what happened. Chances of her still being alive are not good at this point, unless she somehow is with members of paternal family (but one would guess FBI already checked that out, and she has not been found).

@MissMalowe
OT:
When my son was little, I was helicopter mum. I had to be because he is on the spectrum, but even I lost site of my son the 2 times I let my guard down. Both times, it was for mere seconds of turning away. That's all it takes for a child to go missing.

I feel as though we are never going to know what happened here. Beyond terrifying, and very, very sad. I feel really bad for her brother, and for the 8 year-old, especially. She isn't mentioned often, but this has to be extremely frightening and upsetting for her. She's old enough to really understand. Poor kid.

@MissMalowe
OT:
When my son was little, I was helicopter mum. I had to be because he is on the spectrum, but even I lost site of my son the 2 times I let my guard down. Both times, it was for mere seconds of turning away. That's all it takes for a child to go missing.

I'm assuming your child wasn't abducted?
Had he been, would you answer "no" if asked if you would do anything differently?

jjenny said:
She was actually asked if she would do anything differently if she could and she kind of mumbled "no".

The "no" blows my mind.

Even from the car, it appears one can see the playground, and swings are only partially obstructed by a small hill. So it would appear Dulce's mother wasn't watching at all, since she herself didn't see anything of what happened. Was there a man, wasn't there a man? I guess I am just getting frustrated that the child has been missing for so long, and we still have no clue as to what happened. Chances of her still being alive are not good at this point, unless she somehow is with members of paternal family (but one would guess FBI already checked that out, and she has not been found).

BBM for focus.
You bring up a good point.
Do we know how extensive Dulce's paternal family is in the area? If rather large and extended, the FBI may not be able to track them all down, but I would hope they've already interviewed who they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova