AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a five year old girl goes missing in broad daylight, in a park with at least 28+ people (based on previous posts) engaged in various activities? I have to wonder if there are more witnesses that are just too frightened to talk to LE.

I went back to check the media thread, and it was in an article by 3 CBS Philly where the chief of police describes how they were able to locate the witnesses who left. He said they were able to locate the witnesses through dept body cams and MVR's so that's how they had them on video. Imo
But body cameras would only come into play after police arrived on the scene. There was a delay between child going missing and mother calling 911 because first she called her brother to look for the child with their dog. Some people could have left before police ever arrived.

How does a five year old girl goes missing in broad daylight, in a park with at least 28+ people (based on previous posts) engaged in various activities? I have to wonder if there are more witnesses that are just too frightened to talk to LE.
Could very well be if they are illegal aliens. Or not very law abiding citizens.

I could see where witnesses could overlook an individual that had children with them rather than a person alone near Dulce. Witnesses may assume that she was with them since no other adults were near her. In that way, they would blend in easier and not raise any red flags.

I could see where witnesses could overlook an individual that had children with them rather than a person alone near Dulce. Witnesses may assume that she was with them since no other adults were near her. In that way, they would blend in easier and not raise any red flags.
Witness could have assumed the person near the children was their relative since there were no other adults around. I am not sure that this Hispanic male had two children with him of his own, one child of his own, or two children that were seen with him are Dulce and her brother?

So they (the witnesses) told the mom someone took her child - left before the police could get there?
Vamoosed. I can’t imagine being right there and seeing her look frantically for Dulce.
I don't think the witness saw the Hispanic male taking the child, or if witness saw it, they didn't realize it at the time. Hispanic male was there with two children (not clear if they were his children, or if somebody saw this Hispanic male with Dulce and her brother and assumed they were this Hispanic male's children?)

You kinda partly answered the question when you stated "people engaged in various activities." When I'm engaged in various activities in a public place (or family gathering, etc), my attention & focus are on what I'm doing, or I'm watching my own kid. That's probably true for the folks there that day, but even if they were halfheartedly paying attention, kids get away so fast, they still might not have seen anything. It only takes a few seconds to lose sight of your kid. Nothing is more astoundingly frightening than to turn your head away and turn it back in the blink of an eye to find your kid gone.

But body cameras would only come into play after police arrived on the scene. There was a delay between child going missing and mother calling 911 because first she called her brother to look for the child with their dog. Some people could have left before police ever arrived.
Yes, that's correct. The video from the body came was how they identified the witnesses who were there when they arrived and then wandered off. Imo

So they (the witnesses) told the mom someone took her child - left before the police could get there?
Vamoosed. I can’t imagine being right there and seeing her look frantically for Dulce.
No, the witnesses did not tell the mom that the man took her child.
When the nom went to look for Dulce, she found the three year old crying and his ice cream on the ground. When she asked where Dulce was, he pointed to the abandoned buildings.
It was an isolated area and apparently noone saw the man put Dulce in the van except a very young child.

The people who told the mother that they saw a man, or two men, running around with her were other people who were there. She relayed this information on the 911 call but since she didn't see it herself it's hard to say what the men actually saw or if they saw Dulce or another child.

Imo

Hi Netto, and welcome to Websleuths!!!

I can see why the man may not have been noticed either if he already had one child or children with him.

Especially if he was behind or between those buildings in the isolated area, and they were running around or playing near them.

Imo

"For close to two hours, the group searched for any clues that may shed some light about what happened to Dulce Maria Alavez on Sept. 16. Coordinated by a private investigator from Pennsylvania, Sunday’s search effort was at least the second attempt this month to find something that law enforcement may have missed. Similar to the volunteer search at City Park on Oct. 6, Sunday’s excursion yielded no results.

Carrie Sheehan, a mother of four from Monmouth County who participated in the search earlier this month as well, said she has started to lose hope of finding the girl.

“There’s really no trace, at this point, of her whereabouts or if she was even in these woods or at the park,” she said Sunday. “At this point, we really have nothing to work off of except each other.”

Sheehan she believed there is “definitely foul play involved.”

Volunteers losing hope as search continues for missing 5-year-old Bridgeton girl

Yes, that's correct. The video from the body came was how they identified the witnesses who were there when they arrived and then wandered off. Imo
Oops, sorry, just realized I typed came instead of cam. It was the video from the body cam and MVR's that LE used to identify the witnesses. Does anybody know what MVR is? The camera on the police car?

"For close to two hours, the group searched for any clues that may shed some light about what happened to Dulce Maria Alavez on Sept. 16. Coordinated by a private investigator from Pennsylvania, Sunday’s search effort was at least the second attempt this month to find something that law enforcement may have missed. Similar to the volunteer search at City Park on Oct. 6, Sunday’s excursion yielded no results.

Carrie Sheehan, a mother of four from Monmouth County who participated in the search earlier this month as well, said she has started to lose hope of finding the girl.

“There’s really no trace, at this point, of her whereabouts or if she was even in these woods or at the park,” she said Sunday. “At this point, we really have nothing to work off of except each other.”

Sheehan she believed there is “definitely foul play involved.”

Volunteers losing hope as search continues for missing 5-year-old Bridgeton girl

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

Does she state what she means by "Foul play"?

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

Does she state what she means by "Foul play"?
It usually means there is a criminal element, which we already know. It doesn't seem like she mentioned anything specific, maybe she meant that since there were searches and she has never been found, she doesn't think Dulce wandered off and got lost.

Anyway, she was just a volunteer searcher so she probably doesn't know any more than we do.

I agree with the private investigator who says it's a shame that there is not a lot of publicity and that after awhile people just stop looking.

It's such a contrast to Cupcakes case, where the community has been so active and involved.

I hope they both are found soon.

Imo

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. Well planned and executed. Older potential eye witness child in the car, good timing.

I think the footage at the ice cream store is very important.

Amateur opinion and speculation

“I think the footage at the ice cream store is very important”

That’s about all there is to go on except for the brothers account of what happened and the one home video that caught the red suv that was dismissed for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova