AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if my post came off as though I question the Mother’s account. What I meant to say is it seems she actually says one thing and is repeated by others as having said something else. I agree with the poster who said an interpreter should have been offered long ago, for the family. I did not recall Noema specifically saying she parked and then the children got out so I was wondering if perhaps she dropped them off closer to the play area where she couldn’t park. This whole case is so difficult and upsetting. I hold onto mine so much tighter now when we go out.
Some “inconsistencies” that people point out with regard to Dulce’s situation do not send up red flags to me. I imagine if I was the mother of a missing child, I would have difficulty communicating— especially if another language is involved. (Heck, I only speak one language and I have trouble!)
My own opinion. Speaking from memory — I may have some of the details wrong.

I apologize if my post came off as though I question the Mother’s account. What I meant to say is it seems she actually says one thing and is repeated by others as having said something else. I agree with the poster who said an interpreter should have been offered long ago, for the family. I did not recall Noema specifically saying she parked and then the children got out so I was wondering if perhaps she dropped them off closer to the play area where she couldn’t park. This whole case is so difficult and upsetting. I hold onto mine so much tighter now when we go out.
I don't think adding another person to the mix (an interpreter) would make this any clearer. In fact it probably would be even more confusing. Mother seems to speak English just fine, as evidenced by 911 call where she had no problems speaking English. She is clearly understandable and had no problems understanding what dispatcher was asking either.

I'm truly starting to question what country this child is in.
I've been thinking about this and it's a head scratcher. As someone said upthread, given the lack of involvement to date, it seems unlikely any bio family in Mexico would be involved. Further, if the Perp is not related, Mexico is one heck of a long haul from NJ. While never an impossibility, it doesn't seem to add up. As such, I think it's much more likely the earthly remains of the dear child wait to be found somewhere in that vast park.

Amateur opinion and speculation

"Police continue to say they have no strong suspects in what they believe is an abduction case. They are not sure if she’s still in the area."

Reward Grows To $52,000 For Information Leading To Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez

Between the two news articles: No strong suspects. No strong leads.
The above article had a close up picture of the playground which was interesting to see IMO. The swings shown had enclosed sides so most likely the 3 yo would have needed help getting in. I really wonder also if a 5 yo could have scrambled into those swings too? Maybe the height in the picture is misleading too, IDK. But if the 3 yo was in the swing and Dulce was missing then I don't see how he could have gotten out of the swing by himself.

My suspicion is that the earlier comments in the thread about the 2 children eating their ice creams was probably correct and that the children weren't actually playing on the equipment yet at the time Dulce went missing. Pure speculation on my part! MOO

upload_2019-10-10_1-48-10.png

Last edited:
Investigators have also tracked down local sex offenders to account for their whereabouts at the time Dulce went missing, [Cumberland County Prosecutor] McRae said. They have also checked out more than 500 vehicles so far in this investigation.
The prosecutor also pointed out that the description of a red van possibly involved, along with that of a man who reportedly led Dulce away, was given by a young child.

However, McRae said none of those details are being ruled out.
Reward grows to $52K in search for Dulce Maria Alavez
My bolding.

So it's confirmed that it was a child who described the red van and not an adult. That's probably why more details about it haven't been released, such as whether it was a van, SUV or minivan and why the description of a man putting Dulce in the back seat is muddy. If LE believed the account enough to add it to the Amber Alert then they must have thought it compelling enough to consider it a possible eyewitness sighting. IMO they wouldn't have done it just to justify an AA as it could potentially hinder the investigation.

IMO it may not matter anyway since there are probably hundreds if not thousands of red vehicles in the county. I have images in my head of some poor clerk poring over vehicle registrations late into the night. Even sifting for red flags (sex offender, felon, etc.) it would be a humongous undertaking.

Something else that occurred to me is that often times in cases like this it turns out that LE had looked at the perp at some point early on and for various reasons there was no followup. From the link posted upthread by Cass523, LE stated that:
More than 500 vehicles have been investigated, and more than 50 different types of legal process have been served, including court orders and subpoenas, the prosecutor said.

Webb-McRae said authorities have also been in contact with “numerous” sex offenders in Cumberland County to determine their whereabouts at the time Dulce disappeared.
Reward increased to $52K as search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez nears 1 month

IMO the abductor could very well be in that group. Or off LE's radar completely. Frustrating. It's almost easier when a family member or associate turns out to be the guilty party. What the heck does LE do when it's a stranger? Sigh. :(

All MOO.

The above article had a close up picture of the playground which was interesting to see IMO. The swings shown had enclosed sides so most likely the 3 yo would have needed help getting in. I really wonder also if a 5 yo could have scrambled into those swings too? Maybe the height in the picture is misleading too, IDK. But if the 3 yo was in the swing and Dulce was missing then I don't see how he could have gotten out of the swing by himself to go alert Mom. My suspicion is that the earlier comments in the thread about the 2 children eating their ice creams was probably correct and that the children weren't actually playing on the equipment yet at the time Dulce went missing. Pure speculation on my part! MOO

View attachment 208428
3 year old never went to alert mom, that was incorrect information.

Glad to see that the reward has increased. Hoping this will entice someone to come forward with information that will help to break this case
open.

Something I’ve been wondering...If a non citizen provides information that leads to finding Dulce are they still able to receive the reward money? I would hope so but wasn’t sure of the exact stipulations with claiming reward money and haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere in the media. Perhaps it would be helpful to clarify that it may get someone to come forward. JMO

Glad to see that the reward has increased. Hoping this will entice someone to come forward with information that will help to break this case
open.

Something I’ve been wondering...If a non citizen provides information that leads to finding Dulce are they still able to receive the reward money? I would hope so but wasn’t sure of the exact stipulations with claiming reward money and haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere in the media. Perhaps it would be helpful to clarify that it may get someone to come forward. JMO
Non citizen if they are in a country legally presumably would have no problems getting a reward. Now, if they are in a country illegally, that could be a whole another story.

3 year old never went to alert mom, that was incorrect information.
Thanks. I think we have gone full circle on this particular issue of 3 yo. Originally 3 yo returned to car and Mom saw him, then we had Mom getting out of the car and finding 3 yo crying, and then I think we had Mom and 9 yo sister getting out of car and finding 3 yo with his ice cream on the ground.

Not sure what or if anything to believe. Very frustrating.

Then what did happen? (As best as we currently know).

There have been so many versions of the events of that day! The inconsistencies are troubling...

Dulce's mother and her 8 year old sister were in the car, 8 year old couldn't see Dulce and 3 year old on the playground, 8 year old alerted Dulce's mother, they went to look and couldn't find Dulce. So 3 year old never went to alert his mother.

Dulce's mother and her 8 year old sister were in the car, 8 year old couldn't see Dulce and 3 year old on the playground, 8 year old alerted Dulce's mother, they went to look and couldn't find Dulce. So 3 year old never went to alert his mother.
Boy oh boy how did we go from that to someone knocking ice cream out of his hand, him running to the Mother and pointing to a building?!
What on earth are all these various renditions about, and who is creating them, and why?

If there was initial information that can not be found/substantiated on MSM, should that information be assumed to be incorrect or rumors or hearsay?

I've been thinking about this and it's a head scratcher. As someone said upthread, given the lack of involvement to date, it seems unlikely any bio family in Mexico would be involved. Further, if the Perp is not related, Mexico is one heck of a long haul from NJ. While never an impossibility, it doesn't seem to add up. As such, I think it's much more likely the earthly remains of the dear child wait to be found somewhere in that vast park.

I'm to the point I'm cringing when I come on the site and look to see what the title says at any rate. :(

If there was initial information that can not be found/substantiated on MSM, should that information be assumed to be incorrect or rumors or hearsay?
IMO, yes. Any of the above mentioned. And not permissible per TOS, or you can always ask a Moderator if In doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members