AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the YouTube channel with the Jeeps, one of which is red, is just a random family who shares little trips they take. If you look at their other content, the Bridgeton park stuff is pretty typical. I don't think it means anything.

Those 2 park videos are helpful in providing a sense of the parks size and layout though.

OK, I went to the FBI site and uploaded a message with the YouTube URLs I found, since one of them actually said the 15th. I thought maybe they might be helpful for the FBI, in terms of looking for something they did not know they were looking for yet.

Also, I don't know if this drone footage helps anyone (different uploader); but maybe they could be induced to go back and help in a search.

I did not suggest this person to the FBI for that purpose, but if anyone else wants to, tips can be given anonymously on the Alavez page - there are spaces for contact information but you don't have to fill them in, which I thought most useful to leave blank because I wasn't the 9-14/ 9-15 uploader; and thus couldn't tell an official anything further.

I submitted that way. Thank you.
The tip line might be a problem, I don’t know. But there are three ways (agencies) with whom to submit tips. One is the fbi 24/7 on phone, which can be anonymous, via text, or online. Honestly I think the tip submission info needs added to page one of each thread.

Here it is again from this article. I do wonder if the FBI is attempting to take lead in tips as they are the only ones mentioned in many articles.
More than 1,000 tips received as search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez continues

Anyone with information about Dulce is asked to call the New Jersey State Police Missing Persons Unit at 609-882-2000, ext. 2554, or the Bridgeton police at 856-451-0033. Tips may also be phoned in to 1-800-CALL-FBI and select option 4, then select option 8.

FBI
DULCE MARIA ALAVEZ | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Submit a Tip:
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the FBI's Toll-Free Tipline at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) and select option 4, then select option 8. You may also contact your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. You can also text your information to TIP411 subtext Bridgeton.

Anyone with photos or videos from Bridgeton City Park on September 16, 2019 should upload them to the following site: http:www.fbi.gov/alavez
Field Office:
Newark

I’ve lurked for a while off and on...all the way back to Natalee Holloway. This case is unlike any I’ve watched. With virtually no witness accounts (that we know of), no signs left behind to act as bread crumbs to find Dulce, the relative silence all around. It’s so frustrating! For those of you who participate here regularly, do you recall a case where it went this way and suddenly busted wide open? Hoping against hope it won’t just go cold. Poor little baby.
I feel we are in need of a news briefing. Any scheduled? This poor baby girl needs to be found!

Ahhh, the quietness of websleuths. I miss posting in here. So hi everyone. I haven't really posted much in here since Lucas and while I have been following many different cases, I haven't followed one as intensely as Lucas until now. Until Dulce. Anyways, I am still on the 1st thread but wanted to come ask for some opinions.

So I have been wondering about the red van/suv. I have heard that the police are discounting this eyewitness account. From what I listened to in the press conference, it was said that they were not "wed" to the red vehicle because the witness is a child of tender years but that they were NOT going to discount it. Am I wrong in thinking that the words meant exactly what they said or were they really trying to say that they don't believe it at all and that we really should discount it? From what I have heard, the child of tender years is a 10 year old. And would they have issued an amber alert if they didn't really believe the eyewitness account?

Also, I really hate the way this case seems to be being handled. I am not saying that the police are not doing their jobs but I wish that they would at least be more clear about things. IMO, Noema has nothing to do with what happened to her daughter and I can't even find it in me to fault her for letting the kids get out of the car to go play because lord knows how many times I have done that, just needing a break or a few moments of silence. But also, the fact that they have not helped her or her family with an interpreter is beyond me. It seems like the family is being very cooperative and so is Noema. I wish they (the police) wouldn't let their names be dragged in the mud, as if they aren't going through enough.

With all that being said, where are you Dulce Maria? I fear so much for this little girl. So young, so much life in front of her, and she may already be gone. :(:(:(

Can anyone tell me if it's been mentioned as to whether or not Dulce's father's family is involved in her life in some capacity?

I know it was mentioned that he had some family in the area. I was wondering if she had any aunts, uncles, cousins or grandparents that she might have spent time with- even just on her birthday or a holiday or two? I know he's in Mexico going to college and hasn't seen Dulce, but sometimes when parents are absent in a child's life, there are grandparents, aunts and uncles that do stay in contact with the child.

Thanks!

Ahhh, the quietness of websleuths. I miss posting in here. So hi everyone. I haven't really posted much in here since Lucas and while I have been following many different cases, I haven't followed one as intensely as Lucas until now. Until Dulce. Anyways, I am still on the 1st thread but wanted to come ask for some opinions.

So I have been wondering about the red van/suv. I have heard that the police are discounting this eyewitness account. From what I listened to in the press conference, it was said that they were not "wed" to the red vehicle because the witness is a child of tender years but that they were NOT going to discount it. Am I wrong in thinking that the words meant exactly what they said or were they really trying to say that they don't believe it at all and that we really should discount it? From what I have heard, the child of tender years is a 10 year old. And would they have issued an amber alert if they didn't really believe the eyewitness account?

Also, I really hate the way this case seems to be being handled. I am not saying that the police are not doing their jobs but I wish that they would at least be more clear about things. IMO, Noema has nothing to do with what happened to her daughter and I can't even find it in me to fault her for letting the kids get out of the car to go play because lord knows how many times I have done that, just needing a break or a few moments of silence. But also, the fact that they have not helped her or her family with an interpreter is beyond me. It seems like the family is being very cooperative and so is Noema. I wish they (the police) wouldn't let their names be dragged in the mud, as if they aren't going through enough.

With all that being said, where are you Dulce Maria? I fear so much for this little girl. So young, so much life in front of her, and she may already be gone. :(:(:(
Nice to see you again! Lucas' case was a tough one for many of us that posted in his threads. What a wonderful group of posters in those threads, and the locals were just amazing, searching for Lucas day after day. So touching.

I wish I had answers for you, but I have some of the same questions myself. We just don't know if there's just the one witness (child of tender years) or it there are more. LE hasn't clarified much, to be honest.

Can anyone tell me if it's been mentioned as to whether or not Dulce's father's family is involved in her life in some capacity?

I know it was mentioned that he had some family in the area. I was wondering if she had any aunts, uncles, cousins or grandparents that she might have spent time with- even just on her birthday or a holiday or two? I know he's in Mexico going to college and hasn't seen Dulce, but sometimes when parents are absent in a child's life, there are grandparents, aunts and uncles that do stay in contact with the child.

Thanks!

Only a brief mention that Dulce's father has relatives in Bridgeton. No mention if his parents or relatives ever spent time with Dulce.

"Dulce’s father is in Mexico, Alavez said, and she hasn’t been in touch with him. He still has family in the Bridgeton area, though, and they notified him of the child’s disappearance, she said."

N.J. Amber Alert update: Mom pleads for abducted 5-year-old girl’s safe return as search resumes

"The girl’s father lives in Mexico, but still has relatives in Bridgeton who told him about his daughter’s disappearance, said Alavez, who pleaded with whoever took the girl to return her safely.

“Stop making her family suffer so much,” she told NJ.com."

https://nypost.com/2019/09/18/mom-of-dulce-alavez-denies-family-was-involved-in-girls-disappearance/

"Dulce’s father remains in Mexico. Alavez Perez spoke to him by phone on Wednesday and he urged her to think back to anyone from her past who might be responsible for the disappearance. She said can’t think of anyone.

He said we have to have faith in God that he’s going to bring her back home safe,” she said."

Missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez’s mom says her boyfriend was detained by ICE

Last edited:
Respectfully Snipped For those of you who participate here regularly, do you recall a case where it went this way and suddenly busted wide open? Hoping against hope it won’t just go cold. Poor little baby.

In my experience, when these cases go ice cold, it's usually years before something surfaces, if ever. I am still working one in PA that is over 30 years old. I pray that is not the case here.

The first 48 hours are critical. In abduction cases, time=potential distance from the place last seen. Quite frankly she could be anywhere in the country by now. Even if the actor(s) were on foot, a vehicle could have been parked a block or two away.

Honestly, I am still on the fence as to the scenario. Was she abducted or did she run away from one or more individuals and is curled up in a nearby building, thicket, etc? Did she escape from an abductor and is hiding outside the search area?

As with many cases like this over the years, there is a huge piece of the puzzle missing. Was this a well orchestrated abduction, or a chance series of events that led to this poor girl going missing?

One of the problems with LE holding critical information from the public is that this information could trigger a memory in a witness that does not know they are a witness, or give one of us just the tidbit we need to connect the dots. In our litigious society, LE departments have protocols about sharing information on the off chance they could be sued down the road for not following up on a critical tip or detail. The most common way we see this is keeping the case as an "active investigation" indefinitely.

All that said, it is important for us to continue to investigate what we do know and what possible directions that information could lead us. The more eyes and brains we have working on this increases the chances of us connecting the dots.

Only a brief mention that Dulce's father has relatives in Bridgeton. No mention if his parents or relatives ever spent time with Dulce.

"Dulce’s father is in Mexico, Alavez said, and she hasn’t been in touch with him. He still has family in the Bridgeton area, though, and they notified him of the child’s disappearance, she said."

N.J. Amber Alert update: Mom pleads for abducted 5-year-old girl’s safe return as search resumes

"The girl’s father lives in Mexico, but still has relatives in Bridgeton who told him about his daughter’s disappearance, said Alavez, who pleaded with whoever took the girl to return her safely.

“Stop making her family suffer so much,” she told NJ.com."

https://nypost.com/2019/09/18/mom-of-dulce-alavez-denies-family-was-involved-in-girls-disappearance/

"Dulce’s father remains in Mexico. Alavez Perez spoke to him by phone on Wednesday and he urged her to think back to anyone from her past who might be responsible for the disappearance. She said can’t think of anyone.

He said we have to have faith in God that he’s going to bring her back home safe,” she said."

Missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez’s mom says her boyfriend was detained by ICE
Thank you, @cass523. I know I did read it somewhere that he had family in Bridgeton. I am wondering, did they ever contact Dulce's mother? Offer support, partake in searches the family did last weekend at the park?

Perhaps they learned on the news about her disappearance or on social media. Obviously, her father isn't that involved in her life or close to Dulce because he's staying in Mexico- just my opinion. Telling her mother to "have faith in God that he's going to bring her back home safe" isn't exactly comforting to a young mother facing the scrutiny and situation she's in as a parent while her daughter remains missing.

In my experience, when these cases go ice cold, it's usually years before something surfaces, if ever. I am still working one in PA that is over 30 years old. I pray that is not the case here.

The first 48 hours are critical. In abduction cases, time=potential distance from the place last seen. Quite frankly she could be anywhere in the country by now. Even if the actor(s) were on foot, a vehicle could have been parked a block or two away.

Honestly, I am still on the fence as to the scenario. Was she abducted or did she run away from one or more individuals and is curled up in a nearby building, thicket, etc? Did she escape from an abductor and is hiding outside the search area?

As with many cases like this over the years, there is a huge piece of the puzzle missing. Was this a well orchestrated abduction, or a chance series of events that led to this poor girl going missing?

One of the problems with LE holding critical information from the public is that this information could trigger a memory in a witness that does not know they are a witness, or give one of us just the tidbit we need to connect the dots. In our litigious society, LE departments have protocols about sharing information on the off chance they could be sued down the road for not following up on a critical tip or detail. The most common way we see this is keeping the case as an "active investigation" indefinitely.

All that said, it is important for us to continue to investigate what we do know and what possible directions that information could lead us. The more eyes and brains we have working on this increases the chances of us connecting the dots.
Excellent post and I agree with you.

What's frustrating is there is barely anything to go on. First there was a red van with tinted windows and a man with acne and clothing described as an odd combination by many here- how could a 3 year old describe that all on his own? I realize they could point to pictures and such, but that's a lot of information for a three year old to give, considering his ice cream was knocked out of his hand, his sister took off running (allegedly) and went behind a building. Yet, as she was running, Dulce managed to hold onto her ice cream cup and spoon?

If Dulce was hiding, wouldn't she eventually come out, once she hear her mother, her young aunt's voice, her uncle's voice and perhaps the dog barking? LE was at that park for a long time along with her family, looking for her.

Dulce's mother was upset about LE saying they thought she was lying, that she knows something, but she's adamant that she's telling the truth. However, we haven't heard that from LE, that came from the mother. There has to be something for LE to have concerns in that direction, especially reading an article @cass523 just posted above about the conversation between Dulce's parents- Dulce's father told her mother to think of anyone in her past that could be involved, but she says she can't think of anyone. Both LE and the father of Dulce are leaning towards someone the mother knew or knows. Who?

A lot of information is missing- the inbetweens that could help the public, as you say, jog their memory. What's hard about LE not giving a tidbit here or there is that someone out there could very well have seen something- a van speeding through a stop sign or red light shortly after the kidnapping, the van and occupants inside at a gas station or store, etc.

Things that make you go hhmmmmm.

We all know from previous cases that monsters are real.
If she is alive somewhere with “ family” than I am breathing easier.

If we have a predator out there.....let’s find him.

If Dulce was hiding, wouldn't she eventually come out, once she hear her mother, her young aunt's voice, her uncle's voice and perhaps the dog barking? LE was at that park for a long time along with her family, looking for her.

There are number of factors which could occur or occur in combination. First, she could have run off and in an attempt to hide, fell into the basement of an abandoned house, sewer inlet, etc. In many cases where a child has been out for days, they do not respond to search teams calling their names, they hide even more. They also seem to be frightened of uniforms that look like LE or military. We have a method in SAR of attracting kids that are hiding, however I cannot post it here as we don't know who looks at these threads and may use it to attract child victims. Exposure and lack of water also render children unable to respond in a weakened state. There is as much to argue she is still in the general area as there is to say she is hundreds of miles away.

Any word from LE about searching abandoned buildings, sewers and storm drains in the area?

I am on the fence about a lot of things but I’m not going to speculate...out loud at least. One thought: there have been several instances where what Noema has actually said vs what she is reported to have said are different. For instance, she said a Mexican man and a black man in the 911 call but it was repeated as “two black men” by the dispatcher. She said she never said her little boy came running back to the car (as was originally reported) but that she found him on the playground. My question is did she ever actually SAY she pulled into a parking space, her kids got out, they walked to the swings, in that order? Or did she simply say they went to the swings while she stayed in the car? I’m asking because what if she stopped along the parking lot driving area or a little road on the way to the parking lot and the kids got out there to go to the swings while she continued along to park the car? Maybe the ice cream was dripping. Maybe the kids were too excited to wait to get out of the car. This would leave even more time for someone to see Dulce, grab her even before the car was parked, leaving Noema’s back turned. The little boy may have continued to the swings and sat down crying. I’m grasping, I know. But who said Dulce ever made it to the play area?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member