NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we know if there are any relatives on the paternal side that are local? Do any of them live in the US?
Santos, a retired Bridgeton police officer who was the city's first Latino cop when he joined the force in the early 1990s, said Dulce's family on both her mother's and father's sides have received support from the area's largely Catholic immigrant community.
Dulce María Alavez's Father Has Talked with FBI in Mexico as Little Girl Now on ‘Most Wanted' List

The article doesn't mention it specifically but I also seem to recall that LE did speak to Dulce's paternal relatives who live locally. If I find a link I'll post it.

Santos, a retired Bridgeton police officer who was the city's first Latino cop when he joined the force in the early 1990s, said Dulce's family on both her mother's and father's sides have received support from the area's largely Catholic immigrant community.
Dulce María Alavez's Father Has Talked with FBI in Mexico as Little Girl Now on ‘Most Wanted' List

The article doesn't mention it specifically but I also seem to recall that LE did speak to Dulce's paternal relatives who live locally. If I find a link I'll post it.
Thanks, I think I remember some mention of the father's side of the family now. Since the father was not involved in Dulce's life, it's possible that they didn't have a relationship with her either. I don't think I've ever heard anyone other than Noema's relatives speak out or assist in searches.

Another cryptic letter about missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez received in N.J. by family spokeswoman

I just heard about this little girl from an A&E segment on the missing. I find these letters rather strange I don't remember ever hearing of another case where the perpetrator has send letters to seemingly random places. It could be a hoax but that would be so terrible for someone to do that to this family and the investigation. The letters coming from different locations makes it even more bizarre like could they be being sent by more than one person? This is a real head scratcher for sure I don't know what to make of all that except I do believe that someone had to see her being led away from that park. Maybe the witnesses didn't realize at that time that she was being abducted and thought she was supposed to go with whoever took her but no doubt someone saw something.

Thanks, I think I remember some mention of the father's side of the family now. Since the father was not involved in Dulce's life, it's possible that they didn't have a relationship with her either. I don't think I've ever heard anyone other than Noema's relatives speak out or assist in searches.
“Norma used to allow Perez to visit Dulce, she says. She doesn’t know why he left for Mexico, but there was a point when she stopped allowing him to visit.
When Dulce was born, Norma says, Perez didn’t claim her as his daughter, and she was told by a lot of people to be careful. She became frightened, and that’s when she stopped visitation. “

Land of Hope and Dreams

Wouldn’t you mention him instead of that random guy on the Dr Phil show?
JMO

“Norma used to allow Perez to visit Dulce, she says. She doesn’t know why he left for Mexico, but there was a point when she stopped allowing him to visit.
When Dulce was born, Norma says, Perez didn’t claim her as his daughter, and she was told by a lot of people to be careful. She became frightened, and that’s when she stopped visitation. “

Land of Hope and Dreams

JMO
Yes, early on she said the last time the father saw Dulce was when she was still a baby, and he believed he was the father since Dulce looked like him. She also said he did not have a relationship with Dulce. She said he only mentioned filing for custody that one time, but he never mentioned it again.

Land of Hope and Dreams

JMO
I believe LE has stated that Dulce's father has been cooperative and is not a suspect. The only person of interest seems to be the guy in the sketch, which may or may not be the "random guy" she mentioned.

Land of Hope and Dreams

JMO

I can't see the article but just addressing the part you copied. Did Noema herself not say at some point that Dulce's father went back to Mexico to go to school? To be able to provide better for Dulce?

Oh, the conflicting stories.

Jmo

I can't see the article but just addressing the part you copied. Did Noema herself not say at some point that Dulce's father went back to Mexico to go to school? To be able to provide better for Dulce?

Oh, the conflicting stories.

Jmo
Yes, she said he went to Mexico to go to college and wanted to provide for his daughter. There is no indication that he gave them any child support, though. It was reported from the beginning that he never had a relationship with his daughter and the last time he saw her was when she was a baby. At that time he mentioned that he wanted to file for custody but he never followed through with it and never mentioned it again. That's what I remember.

He only made one statement in the beginning. I don't know if he has done any interviews since then. The FBI went to interview him in Mexico in the first couple of weeks and he is not a suspect.

As far as I know LE are still interested in talking to the man in the sketch. They believe someone who was there saw something who has not come forward.

The only thing we know for sure is that someone who was there took Dulce and there has been no sign of her since.

Yes, she said he went to Mexico to go to college and wanted to provide for his daughter. There is no indication that he gave them any child support, though. It was reported from the beginning that he never had a relationship with his daughter and the last time he saw her was when she was a baby. At that time he mentioned that he wanted to file for custody but he never followed through with it and never mentioned it again. That's what I remember.

He only made one statement in the beginning. I don't know if he has done any interviews since then. The FBI went to interview him in Mexico in the first couple of weeks and he is not a suspect.

As far as I know LE are still interested in talking to the man in the sketch. They believe someone who was there saw something who has not come forward.

The only thing we know for sure is that someone who was there took Dulce and there has been no sign of her since.
IMO Noema and Norma have made differing comments to msm, maybe because it was only recently that Noema began reestablishing her relationship with Dulce and may not have been aware of Norma's prior contact with bio dad.

Originally I thought maybe there was a language barrier but a member (upthread) clarified it was not the case. Then in the July article - Land of Hope and Dreams - we learned that Noema's parents are also here illegally. That may explain why Norma has been reluctant to share too much about Dulce's relationship with her bio dad.

To be clear, I understand the grandparents' hesitation and maybe even fear about saying too much and I don't believe anyone in the case has deliberately misled LE or the media. Like many cases, more and more information comes out as time goes on and things don't always fall into a straight line. MOO.

At this point, who even knows who said what? We have random people saying stuff just so they can have their 15 minutes of fame or whatever. In my opinion, certain people talked to the media about this case and didn't care about this poor child, they just wanted to add their two cents. Some people used this mother to serve their own interests. Just my opinion.

Investigators denounce false claim that missing N.J. girl Dulce Maria Alavez was found dead

Authorities say a post circulating on social media suggesting a child who vanished from a Bridgeton park more than a year ago has been found dead is false.

Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae issued an announcement on Facebook Tuesday night saying the post — which includes her office’s logo, a photo of Dulce and a message indicating a press conference will be held “when we know all the details” — is phony.

The false reports have been ongoing in this case. There have been multiple reports of a certain someone being arrested as well as reports of a body recovered. Who knows why people do what they do? Is it small town gossip that explodes on social media? Or something else?
Why would someone do something that, circulate false information that she'd been found? How cruel that is.

ETA: I hope they find the ones who did it & they're brought to justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet
Back