AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX 35 Orlando
@fox35orlando

WE CAN'T SHARE THIS ENOUGH! 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez was playing with her little brother on a New Jersey playground when she was abducted by a man who put her into a van and drove off. Please share to spread her photo. DETAILS: https://tinyurl.com/y3cbctcm

EE0dwcqWkAAY6dn

FOX 35 Orlando on Twitter

Sorry to be pessimistic and give us all nightmares, but... I wonder if the FBI has a division that monitors the activity on internet child *advertiser censored* sites. (shudder.) If so, there may be new images out there... I would think they do have such a division. If they don't, they should. (I'm not going to go searching for that info.)

Tragically, I think this is going to be a random, predator opportunity situation. I think these two young kids were alone, and it became obvious to someone sick, that they were not being supervised closely. :(

And they took advantage of the vulnerable situation in the worst way. JMO

Morning Katy, and all!

I'm afraid you may be right. I would much rather learn she has been taken by a family member or close friend.

However that isn't logical to me even though I wish it would be the outcome.

If it was out of concern for the children then why would he target only one child when he had the opportunity to lure two away to his van?

It just scares me to death how cunning predators are who selects small children to prey upon. It's sickening how skilled they are, and know how to get into the little minds of their intended targets.

I've even wondered if maybe the man was the one who knocked the ice cream out of her little brother's hand, then told him he needed to go tell his mom she needed to buy him another one to get him away from Dulce.

I know this may not be the case here, but I don't put anything passed these predatory monsters.

As an aside:

I think it's highly likely by now LE does know the approximate year, model, and make of the van he drove.

Imo, if the witnesses were males playing on the basketball court at the time, I find they are usually very detailed oriented when it comes to specific details of vehicles.

As in past cases they may not release the image of the specific vehicle itself being looked for at the time.

That way when they receive the much needed tips they will be able to follow up quickly when they get tips closely matching the van the witnesses collectively has already given them.

Imo, they may not want the suspect to know they know exactly what he is driving, like LE in the WDC Sniper case didn't release it to the public, including any specific identifying markers, such as window decals, scratches, dents, etc. to his own van.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
Sorry to be pessimistic and give us all nightmares, but... I wonder if the FBI has a division that monitors the activity on internet child *advertiser censored* sites. (shudder.) If so, there may be new images out there... I would think they do have such a division. If they don't, they should. (I'm not going to go searching for that info.)

Rest easy.

They absolutely do have this capability, and are highly skilled experts in this field.

They have face recognition capabilities to search for a specific child's image no matter were it may be even on the dark web.

Jmho

Last edited:
TIP THIS MORNING! So I live in MD and travel 95 N up to Wilmington, DE for work. Which takes me near the DE Turnpike (DE Memorial Bridge/NJ Turnpike). I was slow in traffic and happened to be thinking about Dulce since we got the Amber Alert. I was looking across the median at oncoming traffic and I just so happened to see a red (red not maroon/burgundy) conversion van. Normally, this wouldn't cause any type of alarm, but it was pulling a smaller empty landscaping type trailer, which I thought was odd. I then noticed the van had NJ tags. Which made my hairs stand. I did send the tip in with exact location/time/description. The van was traveling in the lane closest to the left, so it didn't appear that they would be getting off at any exit any time soon. There is a state line toll booth about 5ish miles south of where they were traveling. Hopefully, they went through the toll booth and the police can pull the cameras. Thank you to whoever posted about keeping your eyes peeled. Normally, I'm just off in my own world in morning traffic, but not today. Also, I did look and there are some conversion vans that do have sliding doors.

I'm just wondering has there been any more information on the vehicle other than "red van with sliding door" such as style (i.e. work van, mini van, etc.)? I may have missed that. Guess I'd rather be safe than sorry. Also, I agree with the above poster about the van not really fitting with the young male, but I guess that could depend on style. Such as a work van, that could make sense.

I was just sitting here drinking coffee and putting off starting my work day and I started wondering ...with a description of the vehicle along with a starting point (as well as the involvement of the FBI), you would think they could use CCTV and/or traffic cams to locate that vehicle in that area/at that time and try to follow it to see where it goes or to a CCTV view that provides sight of the license plate. LE could be doing this or already have done it and we just aren't privy to it.

I'm fairly close to SNJ but I'm not familiar with Bridgeton. Would locals say that they have a small or unprepared police department for such a case?

TIP THIS MORNING! So I live in MD and travel 95 N up to Wilmington, DE for work. Which takes me near the DE Turnpike (DE Memorial Bridge/NJ Turnpike). I was slow in traffic and happened to be thinking about Dulce since we got the Amber Alert. I was looking across the median at oncoming traffic and I just so happened to see a red (red not maroon/burgundy) conversion van. Normally, this wouldn't cause any type of alarm, but it was pulling a smaller empty landscaping type trailer, which I thought was odd. I then noticed the van had NJ tags. Which made my hairs stand. I did send the tip in with exact location/time/description. The van was traveling in the lane closest to the left, so it didn't appear that they would be getting off at any exit any time soon. There is a state line toll booth about 5ish miles south of where they were traveling. Hopefully, they went through the toll booth and the police can pull the cameras. Thank you to whoever posted about keeping your eyes peeled. Normally, I'm just off in my own world in morning traffic, but not today. Also, I did look and there are some conversion vans that do have sliding doors.

I'm just wondering has there been any more information on the vehicle other than "red van with sliding door" such as style (i.e. work van, mini van, etc.)? I may have missed that. Guess I'd rather be safe than sorry. Also, I agree with the above poster about the van not really fitting with the young male, but I guess that could depend on style. Such as a work van, that could make sense.

I'm in Wilminton, DE, born and raised. They were coming down 95S? I'm just wondering what toll booth they would have potentially gone through? The one in Newark, DE right at the Elkton, MD line, or the Delaware Memorial Bridge toll going into SNJ?

I was just sitting here drinking coffee and putting off starting my work day and I started wondering ...with a description of the vehicle along with a starting point (as well as the involvement of the FBI), you would think they could use CCTV and/or traffic cams to locate that vehicle in that area/at that time and try to follow it to see where it goes or to a CCTV view that provides sight of the license plate. LE could be doing this or already have done it and we just aren't privy to it.

I'm fairly close to SNJ but I'm not familiar with Bridgeton. Would locals say that they have a small or unprepared police department for such a case?
I doubt any local or county LE is prepared for this type of crime. Big cities yes but otherwise state and federal resources are necessary.

I'm in Wilminton, DE, born and raised. They were coming down 95S? I'm just wondering what toll booth they would have potentially gone through? The one in Newark, DE right at the Elkton, MD line, or the Delaware Memorial Bridge toll going into SNJ?
Elliot - Yes, if they continued on 95S they would hit the DE/MD line toll booth in about 5 ish miles or so. If they continued on 95S through MD, in about another 15 miles they would hit the Perryville/bridge toll booth.

The thing that got me, what that this area that I spotted the van is kind of the merge area for the DE/NJ turnpike (DE Memorial Bridge) area. It literally could be nothing. But the area, red van, trailer, and NJ tags made my hair crawl. I have two girls, I would hope that anyone would call anything in at all. No matter how small. You just never know. I wish there was more info on the vehicle. I wish the sun wasn't so blinding this morning so I could have gotten a better look at the driver. Stories like this make my stomach turn.

Also, hi neighbor! :)

I would agree with this. I think this is how they found a lot of information in the Jennifer Dulos case. Including dash cams from a bus. I would think there would be more video footage to track a vehicle like that. I know when I drive I am more prone to "see" brightly colored vehicles. (Which is probably why I saw the red van this morning across the median in opposite side traffic)

I doubt any local or county LE is prepared for this type of crime. Big cities yes but otherwise state and federal resources are necessary.

No matter how big or how small the PD jurisdiction may or may not be, when any of them have a missing child who has been abducted or even missing, I've never seen any case in decades now where the FBI wasn't called in to assist them.

Thank God when when there is any child missing in our country it brings out all supporting agencies in full force.

Jmho

No matter how big or how small the PD jurisdiction may or may not be, when any of them have a missing child who has been abducted or even missing, I've never seen any case in decades now where the FBI wasn't called in to assist them.

Thank God when when there is any child missing in our country it brings out all supporting agencies in full force.

Jmho
Very true, and here in South Jersey, besides FBI, State Police are often involved from the beginning. Many smaller towns (one where I used to be a teacher and lived briefly) don't have their own police force and rely mainly on State LE.
In any case, from the page of the City of Bridgeton, here is a description of their police force in numbers and job description:

Bridgeton Police Department
Mission

As the communities' chief law enforcement agency, the Bridgeton Police Department is dedicated to the equitable and impartial enforcement of the laws, statutes, and ordinances, enacted to protect life and property, while also preserving and maintaining the public peace. In carrying out their mission to protect and serve, the Bridgeton Police do so respecting constitutional rights, human dignity and community values.

The Bridgeton Police Department is committed to the enhancement of community-police partnerships; focused on assisting members of the community in identifying and resolving problems in an effort to improve quality of life community-wide. Collectively and individually, the department is committed to providing the highest quality law enforcement service possible, while continuously striving to maintain the highest standards of their profession.

Description

The Bridgeton Police Department consists of sixty-five (65) full-time officers, five (5) Class II officers, one (1) animal control officer, seven (7) telecommunications officers and a civilian staff of five (5). The department is comprised of various bureaus including Patrol, Criminal Investigation, Professional Standards and Administrative. Lts. Michael and Thomas Speranza command the department's Patrol Bureau; Lt. Rick Pierce, the Criminal Investigations Bureau and Lt. Paul Genovese, the Administrative Bureau. Capt. James Battavio is the department's Executive Officer in command of all bureaus, second-in-command under Chief of Police Michael A. Gaimari Sr.

IMO witnesses must have got a pretty good look at the suspect to be able to see his acne and orange Nike shoes. My local sporting goods store has some quite colourful athletic wear, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to see someone dressed in a pair of red tearaways, jogging or track pants and flashy orange basketball shoes. It's possible the suspect was playing ball before the abduction, imo

httpTwitters://mobile.twitter.com/6abcJeannette/status/1174660975246696450
This is video—the last known images—of Dulce Alavez, just being a kid, getting ice cream with her mom & brother. She always keeps an eye on him, picks him up @ 1 point. Mins later she’d b abducted @ the park while playing w her brother. He returned to his mom crying
@6abc
Jeannette Reyes on Twitter

Anyway, I'm done feeding the troll as I wouldn't want the thread to get shut down.

@zecats, thank you for the helpful links and information. Have you ever been to the specific area this took place?
Not for quite a long time. When my kids were little, we visited the zoo there lots of times as it was (is) a pretty nice zoo, but we never went to any of the playgrounds or other areas there. I have driven around the park before on my way to and from a restaurant we used to frequent and to see friends who did live in the area. The one road that passes through there is one way to travel to and from the middle of the town. I don't live in Cumberland County, but I did used to teach in a neighboring county.

I wonder if LE has thought to ask the security officers at her elementary school or they themselves to be present at drop off and pick up for a few days to see if they spot the van or the man himself. This idea goes back to the idea that the van may be a family vehicle. The man may have seen her at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee