AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding to my own post. When I was in high school I can only think of 2-3 friends (out of many that I had) who "cared" about cars. And they really loved cars - makes and models. MOST kids do not care or know. I doubt this has changed a lot since I've been a kid. I've never heard either of my kids talk about makes or models of cars, and they each have their own car.
Yeah, I'm probably referencing based on my own experience. Back in the day I tutored high school and college math and most of the kids I dealt with were boys from homes where there was money. They knew exactly what kind of cars they wanted their parents to spring for. I see now that my experience was somewhat sheltered and not all kids pay attention to the latest "hot" car. I feel a bit adrift here and not tuned into the local culture.

I appreciate all the input from others here who are more tuned into today's kids than me. But I'm not a dinosaur, I'm not a dinosaur... really. :p

Yeah, I'm probably referencing based on my own experience. Back in the day I tutored high school and college math and most of the kids I dealt with were boys from homes where there was money. They knew exactly what kind of cars they wanted their parents to spring for. I see now that my experience was somewhat sheltered and not all kids pay attention to the latest "hot" car. I feel a bit adrift here and not tuned into the local culture.

I appreciate all the input from others here who are more tuned into today's kids than me. But I'm not a dinosaur, I'm not a dinosaur... really. :p
Some kids love cars and know all the models. Hispanic population in particular are fond of automobiles.

Same here. Someone here suggested earlier that the mom might have put a long sleeved shirt on Dulce over her yellow one because of the temperature. That hasn't been verified in msm or by LE but it would make sense.
Or maybe even a jacket with problematic translation.
I still feel relatively sure translators would be critical in communication. How’s the weather up yonder?

*A couple of details I didn’t spot:

“I saw my son crying because someone had threw his ice cream on the floor and after that he started pointing behind those buildings over there,” Noema told reporters while gesturing toward the structures located near the play area.

Police have not been able to confirm that the ice cream incident occurred, Gaimari said later Tuesday.
Amber alert issued for 5-year-old girl who vanished from Cumberland County park

Witnesses did confirm seeing the kids at the playground.

Police have video of the Bridgeton family visiting a custard stand about 45 minutes before they contacted police.
Police searching for 5-year-old girl who went missing Monday night in Bridgeton park

Or maybe even a jacket with problematic translation.
I still feel relatively sure translators would be critical in communication. How’s the weather up yonder?

*A couple of details I didn’t spot:

“I saw my son crying because someone had threw his ice cream on the floor and after that he started pointing behind those buildings over there,” Noema told reporters while gesturing toward the structures located near the play area.

Police have not been able to confirm that the ice cream incident occurred, Gaimari said later Tuesday.
Amber alert issued for 5-year-old girl who vanished from Cumberland County park

Witnesses did confirm seeing the kids at the playground.

Police have video of the Bridgeton family visiting a custard stand about 45 minutes before they contacted police.
Police searching for 5-year-old girl who went missing Monday night in Bridgeton park
Argh! That one slipped by me too. So the perp threw Dulce's brother's ice cream onto the ground then led her off to his van? Obviously LE couldn't confirm the mother's story but if true then it appears that the perp's target was Dulce.

Why?? And why throw the brother's ice cream to the ground? A crying child would possibly attract attention and cause him to go running to his mother so if the perp was trying to lure Dulce off why then do something to attract unwanted attention?

So much doesn't make sense. MOO.

Argh! That one slipped by me too. So the perp threw Dulce's brother's ice cream onto the ground then led her off to his van? Obviously LE couldn't confirm the mother's story but if true then it appears that the perp's target was Dulce.

Why?? And why throw the brother's ice cream to the ground? A crying child would possibly attract attention and cause him to go running to his mother so if the perp was trying to lure Dulce off why then do something to attract unwanted attention?

So much doesn't make sense. MOO.
To get his focus on the ice cream and not his vanishing sister, would be my guess.

The only reason i can figure someone threw Dulce brothers ice cream down was if the perp was trying to take her away and the brother was trying to hold onto his sister and help her maybe he was shoved or pushed and the ice cream fell. jmo

I see and observe so much Hispanic culture. I will tell you a couple of my opinions.

They are a very family oriented people. I see them at the parks all the time with their kids at the swings or picnic tables. Shopping with their kids. Not many men though. I don’t think they like shopping. Most hanging onto and loving the older generation. Smiling a lot.

There is a huge interest in specific populated areas with businesses and drivers altering their vehicles. It’s an art.

Phones, sneakers and cars. That’s what counts to too many boys now.

Omg Jerseygirl, unbelievable, just unbelievable. Even if they are not sure of the vehicle, they could put facts about her. I am at a loss for words here.
This isn’t surprising at all. Amber Alerts are about 98% useless in my opinion. They’re rarely issued quickly enough to make any difference, and that is what the whole point of them was supposed to have been in the first place - quick action to make people aware immediately.

I personally consider them “non-custodial parent alerts”.

Statistics show that in most stranger abductions, the child is dead within 3 hours. It’s exceptionally rare to see an Amber Alert issued in less than 3 hours.

This isn’t surprising at all. Amber Alerts are about 98% useless in my opinion. They’re rarely issued quickly enough to make any difference, and that is what the whole point of them was supposed to have been in the first place - quick action to make people aware immediately.

I personally consider them “non-custodial parent alerts”.

Statistics show that in most stranger abductions, the child is dead within 3 hours. It’s exceptionally rare to see an Amber Alert issued in less than 3 hours.
But the 2% is does save is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member