AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miguel Martinez-Valle (@MiguelMValle) tweeted at 11:29 am on Fri, Sep 20, 2019:
We’re back in Bridgeton covering search efforts for Dulce Maria Alavez.

State trooper chopper just landed - officials are setting up at their staging area in City Park near where she went missing. @NBCPhiladelphia Miguel Martinez-Valle on Twitter
(Miguel Martinez-Valle on Twitter)

The reward for information leading to the whereabouts of a 5-year-old girl who has been missing for five days in Cumberland County, New Jersey has grown to $25,000.

Investigators were at Bridgeton City Park with bloodhounds tracking the 5-year-old's scent. They picked up something for approximately an hour, but then lost it.

Investigators also visited the family's home, too, Thursday as they continue to search for the girl.

The abduction has left other residents, many of them immigrants, fearful for the safety of their children.

"The truth is, we are immigrants, workers who came here solely to work in this country and we don't feel safe that someone is stealing our children," said Efren Hernandez.
AMBER ALERT: Reward grows to $25K for missing 5-year-old New Jersey girl

Anyone with information is asked to call the New Jersey State Police Missing Persons Unit at 609-882-2000, ext. 2554 or the Bridgeton police at 856-451-0033. Tips can also be phoned into 1-800-CALL-FBIand select option 4, then select option 8.
Search for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez reaches 5th day with no sign of missing girl

Robert Lowry, Vice President of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children told CBS3 there are some possibilities remaining via Skype.

“The child may have found herself alone or met someone, an adult, who gained her trust, that’s a possibility,” Lowry said. “[It] could have been someone she knew or could have wandered off an got herself lost.”

Police conducted another K-9 search Thursday in the area of the playground where Dulce disappeared.
'Time Is The Enemy' As Search For Missing Dulce Maria Alavez Extends Into Fifth Day

Link contains video view

Miguel Martinez-Valle (@MiguelMValle) tweeted at 11:53 am on Fri, Sep 20, 2019:
Hundreds of Agents from all over are being briefed at the Bridgeton HS Baseball field right now. They’re about to go over the area again as the search for Dulce Maria Alavez continues @NBCPhiladelphia Miguel Martinez-Valle on Twitter
(Miguel Martinez-Valle on Twitter)

This isn’t surprising at all. Amber Alerts are about 98% useless in my opinion. They’re rarely issued quickly enough to make any difference, and that is what the whole point of them was supposed to have been in the first place - quick action to make people aware immediately.

I personally consider them “non-custodial parent alerts”.

Statistics show that in most stranger abductions, the child is dead within 3 hours. It’s exceptionally rare to see an Amber Alert issued in less than 3 hours.
The 2% it saves reminds me of the starfish story. It means everything to the one that is thrown back into the ocean.

The reward for information leading to the whereabouts of a 5-year-old girl who has been missing for five days in Cumberland County, New Jersey has grown to $25,000.

Investigators were at Bridgeton City Park with bloodhounds tracking the 5-year-old's scent. They picked up something for approximately an hour, but then lost it.

Investigators also visited the family's home, too, Thursday as they continue to search for the girl.

The abduction has left other residents, many of them immigrants, fearful for the safety of their children.

"The truth is, we are immigrants, workers who came here solely to work in this country and we don't feel safe that someone is stealing our children," said Efren Hernandez.

Anyone with information is asked to call the New Jersey State Police Missing Persons Unit at 609-882-2000, ext. 2554 or the Bridgeton police at 856-451-0033. Tips can also be phoned into 1-800-CALL-FBIand select option 4, then select option 8.
Search for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez reaches 5th day with no sign of missing girl
Did they track her scent for an hour because she has played there frequently lately?? Just wondering?

Steve Keeley (@KeeleyFox29) tweeted at 11:46 am on Fri, Sep 20, 2019:
Parked on the soccer field steps from where the 5 yr old girl vanished @njsp helicopter ready again to aid what looks to be the largest search team yet by far ready to hit the park in minutes ⁦@FOX29philly⁩ Steve Keeley on Twitter
(Steve Keeley on Twitter)

I occasionally see the silver alerts posted and when I received the blaring Amber Alert on my phone at 11:20pm Tuesday night I was expecting to see the alert on t least one electronic board going north when I left for work Wednesday morning at 6am but there was nothing and yesterday and today the same.

The parkway up North (Bergen County) had the Amber Alert since Wednesday! All my co-workers were talking about seeing the sign that said "Red Van" and it became a sort of joke at work which was a bit disappointing. However, it also shows how little we know. Red van is so vague that no one will want to call it in. I can't tell you how many red vans we all probably see in a day.

Also, I'm pretty much as far as we can get, within Jersey, and all my friends, family and students (who are concerned about Dulce and their own safety) are speaking about it and have been since the Amber Alert. There's no lack of knowledge or coverage in Jersey about this kiddo. Which, while a missing kid is never something to be happy about (obviously), I'm at least happy to see a child and family of color getting coverage like this.

Did they track her scent for an hour because she has played there frequently lately?? Just wondering?
I too have been wondering how often the little family played at the park. Was it a common place for mom to bring her kids for enjoyment and exercise in fresh air and sunshine? After all, these elements are free for everyone to utilize at no expense. I’ve also wondered how far this park is to the family home.

She's reportedly 5, so she is old enough for Kindergarten. Plus she is pictured wearing the uniform required by the Bridgeton School District. So I'd guess she is a K student.

Dulce-Maria-Alavez-MISSING-KIDNAPPED-NJ-NEW-JERSEY-BRIDGETON-5.jpg

It is hard to sit and think when the circumstances of this case are at a slow, wait and see what's next.
It made me wonder, if the reward money is eventually given out to someone, is it taxable? Is this a problem to someone who is usually paid under the table for work they do and who do not file income taxes? Would this be an additional reason to not come forward?

I'm not very knowledgeable about tracking dogs or the details of process. What do they mean by tracked her scent for an hour? Do they mean that the handler and dog, at a walking pace, re-traced Dulce's scent/path of movement at the park?

If Dulce had only been at the park for moms reported times of 3 or 10 minutes, before she was taken by someone, would there be an hour's worth of movement/a scent trail to follow?

Are LE re-focusing on movements at the park because they feel there is a possibility she wandered off/got lost on her own?

Or are dogs able to track scents after someone gets in a vehicle and they still believe that is (sadly) what happened and were trying to follow the red vehicles movements after?

As Day 5 begins in the search for Dulce Maria Alavez, dozens and dozens of law enforcement officers are gathered at an athletic field near the city park where the 5-year-old South Jersey girl was last seen.

State police, the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Department, and K-9 units will be spreading out through Bridgeton Friday to search for the girl. State Police have a chopper standing by.
upload_2019-9-20_6-57-28.jpeg
Authorities stress that no one should feel afraid to approach the police with information, regardless of their immigration status.
Authorities sweep Bridgeton on Day 5 of search for Dulce Maria Alavez

Last edited:
It is hard to sit and think when the circumstances of this case are at a slow, wait and see what's next.
It made me wonder, if the reward money is eventually given out to someone, is it taxable? Is this a problem to someone who is usually paid under the table for work they do and who do not file income taxes? Would this be an additional reason to not come forward?
Good point to ponder.

I'm not very knowledgeable about tracking dogs or the details of process. What do they mean by tracked her scent for an hour? Do they mean that the handler and dog, at a walking pace, re-traced Dulce's scent/path of movement at the park?

Or are dogs able to track scents after someone gets in a vehicle and they still believe that is (sadly) what happened and were trying to follow the red vehicles movements after?

The dog tracking for an hour is not indicative of the amount of time that Dulce was at the playground and I wouldn't read into any detail of this report unless it came directly from the dog's handler who would more thoroughly explain what that meant. I think the important message is that the dog didn't follow the scent off into the woods or on a path away from the playground and further confirmation that Dulce was recently at the park.

........ I think the important message is that the dog didn't follow the scent off into the woods or on a path away from the playground confirmation that Dulce was recently at the park.

BBM & snipped by me for brevity:
Thankyou for the info!
The article doesn't specify where the dog lost the scent, so we don't know what areas were/were not included, do we? (Away from the playground/towards the woods etc)

Edited to add:
The scent would almost have to have at least a short path away from the playground wouldn't it? Because there would be the path from Mom's car to the playground and a path from playground to POI's vehicle or wherever since she didn't remain at the playground.

Last edited:
I really feel they should be focusing on more than just the park with their search efforts. If she was put into a van then she was probably taken elsewhere so this could actually be a waste of time. I'm not saying don't search the park at all but at least broaden it out further than just this area. I highly doubt she will be found the park area since lots of people were there that day. I'd be shocked if she was found there considering the witness statements of people seeing her being drove off in a van. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member