GUILTY NJ - Erica Crippen Crosby, 26, Mount Laurel, 30 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Erica was definitely in an abusive relationship. She thought she could change him and that marriage would make him a better person. He didn't physically assault her, but came close a few times, and it was a matter of time, but she endured regular mental abuse. He was unreliable, didn't come home when he said he would, used drugs after claiming he had quit, and she couldn't count on him for much of anything. He was late allot of times and wasn't always where he said he would be, very secretive, lying about his whereabouts -- it must have been like being married to an out of control juvenile delinquent teenager.

SillyBilly, thanks for the heads up appreciate it & the welcome --- I am not LE or involved with LE in anyway, but do have some intimate knowledge, although do not wish to register as 'verified insider', so I'll just play it safe and continue to add IMO or JMO & IMHO to any posts.

New Jersey man, his mother indicted in his wife’s death
April 28, 2015 6:31 PM

snipped
A grand jury has returned a murder indictment against the husband of a southern New Jersey mom whose body was found last month along the side of a rural road in Maryland.

The panel also indicted the man’s mother, who Burlington County prosecutors say provided “significant assistance” to her son as he attempted to conceal his wife’s death. Both indictments were handed up Tuesday.

Besides the murder count, 28-year-old Kyle Crosby also faces two counts of child endangerment and single counts of desecrating human remains and hindering apprehension. His 67-year-old mother, Jo Crosby of Sicklerville, faces counts of hindering apprehension and tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.

It's official. Thank you annoulzz

(snip)

MOUNT HOLLY >> A Burlington County Grand Jury returned a murder indictment April 28 against a Mount Laurel man charged with killing his wife and dumping her body in a Maryland field earlier this year.

Kyle J. Crosby, 28, of 5201 Aberdeen Drive in Mount Laurel, was charged with murder in connection with death of his wife Erica Crippen, 26. He indicted on one count of murder in the first degree), one count of desecrating human remains (second degree), one count of hindering apprehension (third degree) and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child (third degree), said Burlington County Prosecutor Robert D. Bernardi.

His mother, Jo Crosby, 67, of 75 Saint Moritz Drive in Sicklerville, was indicted on one count of hindering apprehension (fourth degree) and one count of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence (fourth degree), Bernardi said.

Crosby, was charged with murder in January in connection with Crippen’s death and on March 16, authorities also charged Crosby’s mother with helping conceal the crime, based on text messages she allegedly exchanged with her son the day Crippen disappeared, police said.
#JusticeForErica
:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you're welcome! I couldn't sleep last night.. was thinking about her and found the article.

Mount Laurel is very close to me. We are all disgusted and shocked at this case.

According to the autopsy report Erica died of 'asphyxiation.' That is very general and could mean several things, including strangulation or possibly smothering due to an inability to breathe/lack of oxygen or even carbon monoxide poisoning while trapped in the car trunk.

Since (IMO) Erica was most likely alive when placed in the trunk of her car, I wonder if she died from lack of oxygen or CO poisoning while trapped in the trunk or if her husband strangled her after the 2-hr drive to Maryland.... not sure what to make of their vague autopsy report.

Sorry to be so blunt, but we all need answers. Does anyone here know? NBT

:jail: I pray both of these scumbags won't see the light of day for a very long time!! RIP Erica :rose: - justice is coming!!

She was originally charged with 3rd Degree but now it's 4th Degree which only carries (each) a 1-yr to 18-month max sentence so with that said I doubt she'll behind bars very long. She knew the search teams were combing the area and the family kept asking if she knew anything and she repeatedly lied to everyone including LE. She put the family through more heartache and agony than they were already going through and yet (IMO) I doubt she will serve more than 18-months to 2 yrs max.

I also agree with oldwindow upthread - "I hope they arrest his father was well." How could her husband John not have known?

I know the families and know John keeps tabs on her. Jo has even said to others her husband John is a jealous, possessive man - it' not a secret to those who know this couple well and to those who have worked for him that aren't related to him and who have stated he is suspicious.

I just don't believe she could have hid this from him. They share a computer, he scrolls through the ID caller, and so on. She has said herself John is like a detective, always asking questions, knowing everything that goes on around him.... nothing gets past him, very controlling, suspicious type of person, IMO.

I find it extremely hard to believe John didn't know anything and Jo was able to keep all of this from him throughout all that time period. I don't believe it for a second, at least in my opinion. IMO he's letting her take all of the blame so he can be on the outside available to help her get out sooner, and she bought it.... but JMO....

His best friend too IMO felt like he knew what was happening. He was very adamant that kyle had nothing to do with the disappearance yet deactivated his fb profile and re-activated it when he got arrested. He and his gf were very close to him and erica so I'm thinking he must have known something besides kyle texting his mom.

Did the medical examiner ever say whether she was pregnant when she was murdered? A comment on her Facebook in 2014 just has always had me curious. It probably was not addressed, anyway.

Did the medical examiner ever say whether she was pregnant when she was murdered? A comment on her Facebook in 2014 just has always had me curious. It probably was not addressed, anyway.

I was thinking that was determined to be one of those "attention getters" for breast cancer awareness or some other type of game. Unfortunately I don't remember where I saw the info.

I was thinking that was determined to be one of those "attention getters" for breast cancer awareness or some other type of game. Unfortunately I don't remember where I saw the info.

I've seen a lot of these on Facebook too. It's sort of like a modern "chain" letter/email thing. I got caught one time when a friend of mine posted a weird status and when I asked her about it, she messaged me saying that I had to post a particular status or risk bad luck.

FWIT - Her baby girl was born in mid-October and was barely 10 weeks old the night she was murdered. While it is not totally impossible for a woman to conceive 8 weeks after giving birth, however it is highly unlikely that Erica was pg when she was murdered. I think the FB comment was just the 'chain letter' kind of joke thing, as mentioned by LilacStar79. Realistically, it's so unlikely she could have conceived that soon after giving birth, nor would she have wanted to. At 2 months a women is still recovering from the birth, as I am sure Erica was.

His best friend too IMO felt like he knew what was happening. He was very adamant that kyle had nothing to do with the disappearance yet deactivated his fb profile and re-activated it when he got arrested. He and his gf were very close to him and erica so I'm thinking he must have known something besides kyle texting his mom.

I agree ... and also wonder where the electrical cord & duct tape came from. Did this friend of Kyle's provide it or did his mother Jo maybe provide it the night she was determined to be 1/4 mile from their apt (when she lives 20 minutes away and not around the corner), in the wee hrs of the morning no less. The cell towers (allegedly) picked up a call she (allegedly) made from her cellphone to Kyle in the wee hours of the morning of the murder. If that's true, what was his mother doing there? However and for whatever reason, I doubt that Kyle's mother took part in the actual murder. But I do wonder if she was aware Erica was still alive...speculating.

IMO Kyle's parents John & Jo would have had electrical cord and duct tape in their garage or storage shed amongst all the other junk stored in there and I doubt Kyle had any at his house since it was Erica's townhome to begin with and he moved in mostly with just the clothes on his back. It's my understanding he just moved his clothes and electronic equipment in... no tool boxes or outdoor equipment or handyman types of items or anything like that... at least that is what I was told... not 100% sure though.

If Jo brought the electrical cord and duct tape there, which might possibly explain why Jo was (allegedly) there around the crack of dawn (if that story is accurate & the cell tower reports were accurate) then her fingerprints might be on the cord and tape. If Kyle's friend brought them over LE will determine (if they haven't already) who actually supplied the electrical cord and duct tape.

IMO, I personally believe Kyle tied her up and bound and gagged her on his own and then placed her dying body, possibly unconscious, in the trunk. He would not have bothered to tie up a corpse and go to such extremes if she were already dead. Maybe he was afraid she would awaken in the trunk and try to open it using the inside trunk latch and bring attention to the car on the way to her grave 2 hrs away in Maryland where he figured she would not be found. I could practically hear his mother frantically saying, "Get out, leave now, get her out of here, out of NJ - go to MD if you have to, just leave, get out now" ...not literally heard her, just imo, speculation.

But if so, then Erica was still alive when placed in the trunk. Again, IMO Kyle wouldn't have gone through the stress and trouble of getting the electrical cord and duct tape to bound and gag a corpse... makes no sense ... but jmo and speculation - NBT

UPDATE - Kyle's new trial date is set for Dec 8th, and his mother Jo Ann Crosby, will most likely not face jail time for helping her son conceal the murder; repeatedly lying to authorities (and Erica's family), hindering apprehension and causing more anguish for the family.

http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.co...cle_ea04f874-840b-11e5-a9b7-fbb1fa075961.html

The trial date is actually set for February 16, 2016 according to the article. Crosby and his mother have until December 8, 2015 to take a plea deal offered by the state.

Crosby should take the plea if he has any desire to see the outside world again. Serve 85% of a 30 year sentence (before being offered parole) as opposed to life plus 25 and no parole before 75 years? I hope he's an idiot and goes to trial. As for his mother...there are no words. Either way she won't likely serve any jail time? Doesn't seem right.

The trial date is actually set for February 16, 2016 according to the article. Crosby and his mother have until December 8, 2015 to take a plea deal offered by the state.

Crosby should take the plea if he has any desire to see the outside world again. Serve 85% of a 30 year sentence (before being offered parole) as opposed to life plus 25 and no parole before 75 years? I hope he's an idiot and goes to trial. As for his mother...there are no words. Either way she won't likely serve any jail time? Doesn't seem right.

Thank you for the correction. I was going by the TV news report which stated the new trial date was set for Dec 8th and only glanced at the article, which is more accurate than the brief news report/update.

I agree, she got off easy. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had guessed she would do much less than the maximum (which is 3 yrs) and now shocked to learn she may not serve any time at all... especially after what she put that family through, not too mention wasted the time and resources of LE and search teams. When I read that I stopped reading and clicked off the article. I couldn't read any more, hence my mistake in the trial date. Thanks again, for the correction. NBT

BTW, I think he's dense and stupid enough to go to trial, unless his family and attorney get through to him. Time will tell. I also still can't figure out why he would bother to tie/bound/gag a corpse, especially to the extreme he went to, and doesn't that mean she was still alive when he placed her in the trunk. I can't imagine what that young woman went through in her final hours... smh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24
Back