GUILTY NJ - Gregory Leary & others for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Trenton, 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was just reading about this today on the gothamist website. There are many truly appalling aspects to this incident, but what disturbs me the most is that there were so many men in one place at the same time even INTERESTED in having sex with a 7-year old. I find this very disturbing.

And THAT is just what makes me think there is alot more to this than we (or maybe even LE) know...to me it just stinks of pre-arrangement, or something that happens alot in that 'party pad'...the whole thing smells gang-related to me (gangs have started to trend towards the 'old enough to bleed, old enough to breed' mentality in recent years)

JMO as usual

Doesn't sound like my pimp made me do it to me!:waitasec:

Very true, I'd just like to see something other than the story from official's mouths before I condemn this girl - where's the intrepid reporters digging into things anymore? Again, where's the digging to find out just WTH has been going on with this girl to lead to all of this?

ETA: I know it sounds like I don't respect LE, but I do, very much so...I just don't trust them without independant verification, because they are only human after all, and well, I don't trust anyone other than my mom, wife and daughter lol :crazy:

Very true, I'd just like to see something other than the story from official's mouths before I condemn this girl - where's the intrepid reporters digging into things anymore? Again, where's the digging to find out just WTH has been going on with this girl to lead to all of this?

ETA: I know it sounds like I don't respect LE, but I do, very much so...I just don't trust them without independant verification, because they are only human after all, and well, I don't trust anyone other than my mom, wife and daughter lol :crazy:

I would bet there is a lot of digging into this going on even though we are not privy to it.

I would bet there is a lot of digging into this going on even though we are not privy to it.

You're probably right, I'm probably just being paranoid, it's just that I've seen soooo many cases where girls are victimized by LE through a combination of ignorance and prejudice...

And THAT is just what makes me think there is alot more to this than we (or maybe even LE) know...to me it just stinks of pre-arrangement, or something that happens alot in that 'party pad'...the whole thing smells gang-related to me (gangs have started to trend towards the 'old enough to bleed, old enough to breed' mentality in recent years)

JMO as usual

Well the 7 year old is clearly not old enough even under that standard.

Well the 7 year old is clearly not old enough even under that standard.

Yep, I would hope that even most gangbangers would shy away from that, which would point more to this being some prearranged pedo fest, but...well, let's just say that I have very little faith in the humanity of gang members, so I really don't know which way to lean here...all I know is that it's asking too much of my imagination that this was just a regular old party that this girl happened to be invited to...I really think that's just what the involved parties (including the girl, guilty or not) told the cops...I dunno, guess I just don't buy into coincidence too much.

Yep, I would hope that even most gangbangers would shy away from that, which would point more to this being some prearranged pedo fest, but...well, let's just say that I have very little faith in the humanity of gang members, so I really don't know which way to lean here...all I know is that it's asking too much of my imagination that this was just a regular old party that this girl happened to be invited to...I really think that's just what the involved parties (including the girl, guilty or not) told the cops...I dunno, guess I just don't buy into coincidence too much.

I don't believe for a minute this was some pre-arranged "pedo fest."
You can just look at the age of the suspects arrested- of the three juveniles one is 13 and the other one is 14.

I don't believe for a minute this was some pre-arranged "pedo fest."
You can just look at the age of the suspects arrested- of the three juveniles one is 13 and the other one is 14.

then maybe they were either just going along with their elders (seems questionable, but mob mentality is weird like that), or, well, don't pedos usually start around the early to mid teens? (can't remember, anyone know?)

Either way, seems pretty darn hinky there were that many people at one 'random party' that were up for that kind of extreme crap - the teen I can buy, but a freakin 7 year old? Just seems really hard to buy that gathering just happened to be all dudes that were that specific kind of freaky! :waitasec:

You may very well be right, but then I'm left shakin my head here, cause I sure don't know what to make of it other than that I think there HAS to be more to all this than we know...

ETA: I mean, I know some guys that wouldn't bat an eye at a teen selling herself (if she looked 'legal enough' as they would say - they aren't freinds by the way, just people I know) would be up for some pretty kinky stuff, but if said teen offered them her 2nd grade sister? They'd freak, get the hell outa there and call the cops, and these guys are pretty slimy!

There is no such a thing as a 13 or 14 year old pedophile.
"The individual with Pedophilia must be age 16 years or older and at least 5 years older than the child."
http://www.psychiatryonline.com/content.aspx?aID=10307

Thanks...so in a strict, official definition, they wouldn't be, but what DO you call a 13-14 year old that does sexual stuff to a tiny child like that? Not being sarcastic or anything, just trying to wrap my head around it. :waitasec:

A couple of things. jjenny, you are technically right about the ages of pedophiles but I think that you will find that this is changing in the new DSM-IV. Many judges already are using phrases such as pedophiliac tendencies or pedophiliac behavior. It was used in our trial and the rapist was 14.

This vagaries in the consent laws make me want to scream. I'm assuming that all of us on this thread are well read adults and we can't figure it out. Imagine being 13 or 16 or 19 with raging hormones. I think we'd be doing our young people a huge favor by teaching these laws in the school just as we do drug awareness. Parents can't really be expected to be up on the constantly changing laws. Just as you think you've got it down, something changes. It would be far more helpful for everyone to carry around a laminated card in their purse or wallet IMO.

We have a close friend who is a juvenile probation officer come and speak to our son's varsity soccer team. Every young man was very shy and afraid to talk at first but within an hour so much information and what-ifs had been shared. I think every single teen benefited from that meeting.

We've got to come up with some clear-cut rules as teens don't do well with abstracts. Most adult don't either. That's why none of us ever seem to be able to figure out the school speed zones or the liquor laws in different counties--there's too many variables. And this is one of the most life-changing and important laws on the books. Let's make it accessible to the people who need the info.

I found an interesting press release from the FBI which I thought I'd share. This is concerning a boy who pimped a young girl in California and the outcome. The PR gives quite a bit of detail concerning the dynamics at play when pimping a very young girl and might pertain to this case in some way.

http://sacramento.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel10/sc021210.htm

"....The defendant had met this victim when she was 13 and he was approximately 16 years of age. When she was no older than 14, the defendant convinced the victim to work as a prostitute by telling her that if she loved him, she would prostitute for him. The victim worked as a prostitute for the defendant off and on for parts of the next five years, giving him all of the money that she earned through prostitution....."

more at link

There's an absolute treasure trove of a resource out of Portland:

http://www.prostitutionrecovery.org

I have read their Johns' Rules and Pimps' Rules' after a suggestion from the folks as the Polaris Project and they are right on. They describe in minute detail how one goes about using the services of a prostitute without guilt and how a pimp must treat his girls to keep them in line. I was very disappointed to find the site under construction tonight but I suggest everyone bookmark it and check back.

Well I am certainly for someone teaching teenagers what the laws are. Not knowing the law doesn't absolve someone of the responsibility.
And the laws on statutory rape/age of consent vary from state to state. What is a crime punishable by up to life in prison on one state is not punishable in another. For instance, in both NJ and MA age of consent is 16. But in NJ 17 year old having sex with a 15 year old is not punishable because the age difference is less than 4 years, while in MA the same situation can be result in up to life in prison.
Obviously the situation involving sexual contact with a 7 year old would be a crime in any state.

Some excellent info on this site:

http://www.wmich.edu/destinys-end/index.html

The sections:

Stages of Prostitution
Types of Street Prostitution
Prostitution Statistics
Socio-Economic Influences of Street Prostitution
The Pimping Game
The Lifestyle of Prostitutes
The Underground Economy
Risks to women in Prostitution
Costs of Prostitution to Society
Paradigms of Prostitution
Other Programs
Violence and Protective Strategies
Mid-West Collaboration
Destiny's End Program
Destiny's End Members
Online Educational Resources
A Prayer/Pledge of Responsiblilty for Women

The sad thing, jjenny, is that I've actually called our District Attorney and asked her a very direct questions about sex, age, and developmental stages and she didn't know the answer. She had to call the AG's office and get back to me and the answer still wasn't totally clear!!

How many guys with their zippers down and girls with their clothes undone are going to call the AG's office? And yet it could be the most important call of their life!! Local police don't know all the details as there's just far too many variables.

I know that this is not 100% on topic for this thread but I do think it is a vital discussion. If anyone here ends up with a DD (or a bright) kid sitting in prison for 10 years because he didn't understand either the law or how to read a girl sexually, you'll start to see why it can ruin lives.

From the above link:

"Police earlier in the week were urging residents to come forward, but neighbors said they were scared of retaliation from gangs that prowl the streets if they spoke up."

and

"The 15-year-old sold sex to men in the room, then took money to let them touch the younger girl, and the touching turned to forcible sex as at least seven men raped the 7-year-old, police said."

Now, gang members are the number one traffickers domestically, and this sure sounds like a gang related 'party' - from the sound of things, I really don't think this girl had much say in what went down once they entered that apt. - and if area adults are afraid to make anonymous tips, how was this girl supposed to stand up to these scumbags, especially if they already 'owned' her? I'm sure we'd like to think that she should have, but really, who knew they were there? How easy would it have been for this to turn lethal if she didn't go along?

Not saying that is how things went down, but it seems a realistic scenario, one that the media at least haven't even bothered to look into, and given prosecutors already saying they may charge the girl as an adult, I doubt they are looking into it either...I mean really, there is no way they have the full story yet, and they can't take the 7 year old's take on the money exchange at face value, given that she'd have no way of understanding how that works in trafficking (prostitute HAS to take the money of a john or gets beaten etc, and sees none of that money, or maybe enough for some clothes or whatever).

JMO etc. etc.

You know what? I totally CANNOT imagine an adult being that wimpy! I had a little sister, eight years younger than me that I would totally have died for! No matter what the threat to myself might have been. And I was NOT a good kid! But I always took care of my own. Always! I'm not saying that I feel the 15 year old should be given a horrific sentence; I do believe she had her problems as well; but NO way any NORMAL human would do that do a little girl; much less a little sister- half, step, foster or otherwise!

Six Arrested After Girl, 7, Is Gang-Raped in New Jersey
New York Times
April 3, 2010

Trenton officials said that the 15-year-old is accused of first having sex for money herself, then accepting cash to let men touch the 7-year-old. That touching then led to rape by multiple men, according to the investigation, which is continuing, officials said.

At a news conference at the city’s police headquarters on Saturday evening, Mayor Douglas H. Palmer of Trenton said: “Good people came forward to try and get justice for this 7-year-old angel, who was brutally gang-raped by pedophile animals. Everyone that was responsible is still not arrested. Police won’t rest until we get every one.”

snip

Mr. Palmer said the 7-year-old met him at his office on Thursday, and he gave her a stuffed Easter bunny. But the family will soon be moved out of the area, he said, because “she will be stigmatized.”

Mr. Palmer said the girl told him: “Everybody’s staring at me. They know it’s me.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/nyregion/04trenton.html

I am sorry but I just don't give a care about the 15 year old here. Yes, the men having sex with her was a crime and was sick as well and should be treated as such but the minute she took a payment and sent that baby in that bedroom she ceased being a victim. She also consented is the impression I get, the 7 year old did not. She could not. She knew better than this, anyone, unless you have some sort of cognitive impairment knows you should not sell a child for sex. Rich or poor, suburbs or inner city, abused previously or not, anyone with and sense knows that is not right!
I agree with what one poster said, if the 15 year old was a boy everyone would have a lot different reaction.

Six Arrested After Girl, 7, Is Gang-Raped in New Jersey
New York Times
April 3, 2010

Trenton officials said that the 15-year-old is accused of first having sex for money herself, then accepting cash to let men touch the 7-year-old. That touching then led to rape by multiple men, according to the investigation, which is continuing, officials said.

At a news conference at the city’s police headquarters on Saturday evening, Mayor Douglas H. Palmer of Trenton said: “Good people came forward to try and get justice for this 7-year-old angel, who was brutally gang-raped by pedophile animals. Everyone that was responsible is still not arrested. Police won’t rest until we get every one.”

snip

Mr. Palmer said the 7-year-old met him at his office on Thursday, and he gave her a stuffed Easter bunny. But the family will soon be moved out of the area, he said, because “she will be stigmatized.”

Mr. Palmer said the girl told him: “Everybody’s staring at me. They know it’s me.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/nyregion/04trenton.html

This just makes me want to puke... That poor baby. What a bunch of sick including that "sister". I realize this wasn't what she had planned but what a piece of filth for bringing that baby into the situation. I hope they arrest everyone at that "party" who didn't help this baby. Which is everybody there.

Police have arrested Gregory Joseph Leary on charges that he had sex with a 15-year-old girl. The 15-year-old is herself accused of selling her 7-year-old stepsister to a group of men who gang raped her. Here's a photo at the link of this POC.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20001639-504083.html?tag=latest

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back