NJ NJ - Howell, UncMale 40-50, UP52540, Hoodie, Memorial Band, Sz8 Nike, Dental Bridge, Sept'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am also not finding it at all. I'm thinking they would have had to have died after 2012, since Sandy caused extreme flooding in the area, and it seems like a lot of those items would have been lost and not found with the body if it had gone through several floods as skeletal remains.

Have they said an estimate on how long the remains have been there yet?

I've searched like crazy trying to find the hooded sweatshirt online. Usually if it's only a couple years old there are at least used ones being sold. But not finding anything like it has me wondering if perhaps it's from around 2008 or 2009? That would fit with the bracelet. Someone who didn't know Kyle well probably would not keep wearing a memorial bracelet for him for close to a decade (JMO). But I could see a kid close to Kyle's age who maybe went to a BMX event in his honor, (but never really knew him) wearing a bracelet for a short amount of time. If we can figure out when and where the bracelets were given out I'm guessing the UID died not long after that event. JMO.[/QUOTE

I would guess 2009-2010. Kyle passed Nov 2008. Unless there was a benefit for him that handed out the bands after 2010. I think if we can find when/where the bands were distributed we would be able to have a better idea of timeframe of death, assuming the deceased would wear the band for 6 months/1 year after receiving it.

Have they said an estimate on how long the remains have been there yet?

I've searched like crazy trying to find the hooded sweatshirt online. Usually if it's only a couple years old there are at least used ones being sold. But not finding anything like it has me wondering if perhaps it's from around 2008 or 2009? That would fit with the bracelet. Someone who didn't know Kyle well probably would not keep wearing a memorial bracelet for him for close to a decade (JMO). But I could see a kid close to Kyle's age who maybe went to a BMX event in his honor, (but never really knew him) wearing a bracelet for a short amount of time. If we can figure out when and where the bracelets were given out I'm guessing the UID died not long after that event. JMO.

Yes, I completely agree that i think this UID is from 2008/2009/2010. I haven't been successful in finding that sweatshirt anywhere online either.

I am also not finding it at all. I'm thinking they would have had to have died after 2012, since Sandy caused extreme flooding in the area, and it seems like a lot of those items would have been lost and not found with the body if it had gone through several floods as skeletal remains.

I was wondering about the flooding too. I wonder if theres any obvious trauma to the remains found. The UID was found near/under a bridge though right? The body could have gotten stuck under debris..

good point about all those items.

they also don't look all that weathered to me. I don't think they've been there more than a few months.

So I've been looking all over the place all day on Facebook/myspace/google news archives etc. to see if I can find anything... I've been watching old youtube vids of the include club in lakewood NJ where Kyle's benefit ride was held.. it looks like a lot of bikers/skaters came from all over the country to ride at the incline club. So.. I'm wondering if this UID was in the area because of incline club and attended the benefit but isn't actually from the area.. could be missing from another part of the country? Which could make this much more difficult to figure out.. Just figured I'd share what I've been finding..

Not having any luck with the sweatshirt I decided to try to find the watch. I found the exact model (WR50M) on Ebay with some additional photos:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

CASIO ILLUMINATOR Watch W-94H SPORT ALARM CHRONO F27 | eBay

According to that Ebay listing the watch was Manufactured from 2010 to now. So if that is correct the person died 2010 or after. Even though it says "now" I have not been able to find this exact model for sale at new retail online stores which makes me think this exact one may not be made anymore. There are other WR50M watches for sale that look slightly different (different shaped buttons, face configuration, etc) but not this exact one.

Last edited:
So I've been looking all over the place all day on Facebook/myspace/google news archives etc. to see if I can find anything... I've been watching old youtube vids of the include club in lakewood NJ where Kyle's benefit ride was held.. it looks like a lot of bikers/skaters came from all over the country to ride at the incline club. So.. I'm wondering if this UID was in the area because of incline club and attended the benefit but isn't actually from the area.. could be missing from another part of the country? Which could make this much more difficult to figure out.. Just figured I'd share what I've been finding..
I was doing the same thing. There's one friend of Kyle's that I can't account for after 2013, but he could have just stopped using social media or locked his profile down.

In 2008 I don't think Zuminez was around. One store that was is PacSun, also agree on Hot Topic.

I checked the internet for any mention of a dead body found on a bench in NY but didn't come across any article or obituary for Ricardo or any person, just the page mentioning it.

my son shopped at zumies since 2005 or so.

I was doing the same thing. There's one friend of Kyle's that I can't account for after 2013, but he could have just stopped using social media or locked his profile down.

Yes, I've mostly accounted for everyone too.. I'm really wondering if this was a fellow BMXer/skater who was in the area to work/skate with the owner of The Incline Club and he's missing from a different area. I wish they would release more information. This is so frustrating. I feel like this is highly solvable if we had more info.

Not having any luck with the sweatshirt I decided to try to find the watch. I found the exact model (WR50M) on Ebay with some additional photos:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

CASIO ILLUMINATOR Watch W-94H SPORT ALARM CHRONO F27 | eBay

According to that Ebay listing the watch was Manufactured from 2010 to now. So if that is correct the person died 2010 or after. Even though it says "now" I have not been able to find this exact model for sale at new retail online stores which makes me think this exact one may not be made anymore. There are other WR50M watches for sale that look slightly different (different shaped buttons, face configuration, etc) but not this exact one.

Casio has made many similar kinds to this watch. I had a watch just like this (Casio that lit up) for work during this time period (2008-2010). I got it at Kohls in the area.

I don't think they had a store in 2008 Monmouth/Ocean. They just put one in the Ocean County Mall a few years ago.

I also searched the name brand and it appears to be sold at Macys.

I’m almost positive there was a Zumiez in the freehold mall in the early-mid 2000s. Maybe longer but I haven’t there in ages.

There was really bad flooding in the brick/Howell/Lakewood area last month, I wonder if the flooding led to the discovery of the remains. How bad was Howell hit during sandy? My hometown in Monmouth county (same HS district as Howell) was pretty much okay, very minor damage.

Fwiw I think this is a local person for sure, and likely a teenager. The watch seems pretty outdated so I feel like the UID passed years ago.

Who's up for researching the guest book posts? Lots of them say things like, we weren't close but I admired you.
View Kyle Guidice's Obituary and express your condolences

I'm thinking it's not a close friend of Kyle's, but as mentioned another bmxer/skater from the area. Person could be 18 yrs old. I've done a lot of searches for people reported missing in the areas near by and none turn up any standout teens. If a 15/16 year old was missing, family would be posting things I would think, but troubled adults go missing and people don't always file a report. Id really love to know where the in memory band was distributed as this may direct us where to dig further. If handed out at school or handed out at skate park, or at wake.

Who's up for researching the guest book posts? Lots of them say things like, we weren't close but I admired you.
View Kyle Guidice's Obituary and express your condolences

Good idea! Just a friendly reminder not to post any of their names here (TOS say we cannot openly sleuth people not listed as missing). If you find a possible connection like someone who commented and also happens to own the same watch or sweatshirt etc send it to LE, DO NOT post the name here. Send it in to the police and let them look into it.
*Not directing this at you Unlicensed PI but for anyone who may not know the rules here*

I'm from Monmouth County, am active in the Police/Fire/EMS community, and, most importantly, frequented Incline before it closed. Short answer: This could be just about anybody. To my memory, I never met Kyle, but I do remember when he died (pretty much everyone does- it was a pretty bad situation). Those bracelets sat in a bowl at Incline for months after Kyle died, and even people who didn't know him wore them. Another kid who frequented Incline died two years later and we did the same thing. People from all over the state hung out there because there are so few indoor parks and Scotty Cranmer was/is a big deal.

The dental bridge and clothing indicates to me that this person was definitely a member of the skating community. I strongly believe this isn't missing Seton Hall student JF, and if rumors are correct, he has already been ruled out as the deceased.

Some other things: The flooding we experienced several weeks ago almost definitely uncovered the remains, as it was intense enough to wash out a lane of the bridge and pretty much wiped that whole area clean. If you go back about a month on the Howell Police Dept Facebook page, you can see pictures of the bridge where the remains were found when it was flooded. Howell did not experience any significant flooding during Sandy, mostly wind and rain. Anything under cover (like a bridge) would have remained mostly untouched.

My strongest feeling about this case is that whoever this is has not been reported missing by their friends or family. Our area (Brick, Howell, and Toms River/Lacey especially) has a massive opioid problem and a lot off people just fall off the face of the earth. It's not uncommon for people between 18-25 to go missing and show up dead at a drug house a year or two later. A lot of people also go out of state to resolve their issues and reappear a few years later with a steady job and balanced life. I think it's easy to assume someone got shipped off to rehab and forget about them.

My two theories:

1. The deceased was a drug user and either died under the bridge or got dumped there by whoever they were using with. (Very likely)

2. The deceased was a victim of a hit-and-run and was hidden under the bridge. That bridge looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, but there are houses on either side of it and a bunch of neighborhoods around it. Kids bike up and down that road all the time. (Somewhat likely)

Sorry for the novel- everyone around here is stumped about this as well (and we have the benefit of looking through all of our embarrassing high school skate pictures). I've combed through every album I could find, but no one has the sweatshirt shown in that photo. It has always bothered me to think how many people are just out in the woods somewhere unfound, and it has bothered me even more ever since I realized how many times I've driven or biked over that bridge in the last ten or so years.

I don't know who else is local in this thread- if anyone has any questions they'd like answered, please let me know.

Mike, I am also in Howell. I was looking at the creek there and the bridge on Lakewood Allenwood got washed out at about the same time as this one. Any chatter on whether they think the remains were washed down at all?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back