NJ NJ - Howell, UncMale 40-50, UP52540, Hoodie, Memorial Band, Sz8 Nike, Dental Bridge, Sept'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. But i also submitted the page to Pamela Reed and asked her to check it out. So i don't know if that was related, or if they confirmed those remains were Ricardo. I'm guessing that we'll have to wait a little bit to see, unless we can find some other confirmation.

I still haven't seen a report of a man or trans woman being found deceased that matches the description of Ricardo/Sofia (sorry about the dead naming, I don't know if it's the same person atm.) But my search results aren't pulling up a lot because i am currently geolocked. Will check what i can when i am back in the US next week.

I still haven't seen a report of a man or trans woman being found deceased that matches the description of Ricardo/Sofia (sorry about the dead naming, I don't know if it's the same person atm.) But my search results aren't pulling up a lot because i am currently geolocked. Will check what i can when i am back in the US next week.
Was found deceased in 2016 in Queens. Not likely that it would have made the papers, especially if the cause of death was other than homicidal violence.

Yes, I saw that. :) usually dead bodies found in NYC have little blurbs that can be found on local patch pages, or on the official missing persons blog which will be kept by Google after its deleted from the page. Also works with unclaimed persons. I just can't look in those places because of where I am atm. Will be able to check them next week. Not seeing an obituary nor death notice so far though. I am wondering if the family was able to get the body back yet as the didn't meet its goal.

Unidentified people are usually buried in large trench graves in pine boxes at Hart Island, Bronx NY. People can be id'ed by the GPS positioning that is done at burial. However, there are usually many, many caskets in each trench. Also, in NYC is a body is unclaimed they are first donated to medical schools or programs training funeral directors/embalmers and then taken to Hart Island. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner states that people can be disinterred and released to a family for private burial.

Back to this unidentified person, it is hard to believe that a missing young person would not be on the radar of local LEO across the many counties in NJ.

In 2008 I don't think Zuminez was around. One store that was is PacSun, also agree on Hot Topic.

I checked the internet for any mention of a dead body found on a bench in NY but didn't come across any article or obituary for Ricardo or any person, just the page mentioning it.

Last edited:
In or around 2008 I don't think Zuminez was around. One store that was around is PacSun, also agree on Hot Topic.

I checked the internet for any mention of a dead body found on a bench in NY but didn't come across any article or obituary for Ricardo or any person, just the page mentioning it.

Zumiez had been around at least since the mid 90s.

I think that kind of sweat shirt could have been sold at a number of shops in the area during this time period. Surf shops, skate shops, new age shops, department stores, and other shops near the beach areas like the shops in asbury park on the board walk or in point pleasant beach. I've looked all afternoon and it appears as though this brand "Hybrid" makes a number of different clothing items and is sold all over. The print is definitely unique though. I think the tribal pattern along with the skull and crossbones makes it more likely that it was sold in a skate shop or surf shop though. JMO

Ok your Queens Connection is Chiming in here:)
ok I only recall of 3 people being found dead on park benches or in parks out here in recent years. one from 2018, one from 2016 and One from 2017, if there are others, I don't remember them at the moment.

The one from 2016 they had a sketch out for the guy and was found in women's clothing in Richmond Hill.(I noticed above also kaylara owl mentioned trans Ricardo/Sofia. So maybe this is him?)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/cops-identify-man-dressed-woman-found-dead-queens-article-1.2790869?outputType=amp

And the one in 2018 was in Jackson Heights on a bench in the playground area.
Man Found Dead on Moore Homestead Playground Bench | Jackson Heights Post

The last one was in Rockawy Beach at some park out there. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Man-Found-Dead-Rockaway-Park-450427153.html?amp=y

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back