Identified! NJ - Knowlton, 'Tiger Lady', WhtFem 17-19, UP1593, tiger tatt on calf, Oct'91 - Wendy Louise Baker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Had a thought-although Tigerlady's description says "white" what if she was part Hmong- a first generation American? Tigers are extremely important to the Hmong culture. The Hmong started arriving in the U.S. as part of refugee programs; the largest settlements of Hmong people are in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Wausau, WI, and Fresno, CA. Thousands arrived in the mid-1970's.

There is a paragraph in this Wikipedia article that lists other cities that have Hmong populations. The paragraph is under the heading "Residents" in the article. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmong_American

Just MOO, but looking at MPs from these areas/cities might be very helpful in identifying her.

I submitted Tiger Lady to Cassandra Lalonde's FB page a little while back and they just got back to me that they had not looked into TL but they are going to.

I was thinking that the reconstructions, in my opinion she looked of hispanic descent. I was just starting to think about the possibility she could be Thai, when I read your post about Hmong ( tho I never heard that term before and had to look it up.) My wife is Thai and her mother is Thai and Lao I think you could be onto something.

Thanks for bumping this. I had a sliver of information I meant to post earlier.

My son has a tiger identical to that on one of his karate t-shirts. He says his sensei, who designed the shirts, just got it off the web, so that's not much of a clue, but it does appear to be a design popular among martial artists.

Just want to say my local police in PA have posted Tiger Lady on their FB this week.

She was found very close to the Pennsylvania border. There's a bridge close by going over the Delaware River.

Bumping for Tigerlady. New Jersey State Police re-released her info on Facebook.

Is anyone a member of Imgur that could post Tigerlady's blonde/brunette recons and tat? I do not know how to do that.

Is anyone a member of Imgur that could post Tigerlady's blonde/brunette recons and tat? I do not know how to do that.

I don't know how to use them much myself but I was wondering if there is a coordinated type of way we could use those resources without it getting to crazy. Maybe we could have a brainstorming thread or something? For cases that have lots of good images (as we have recently seen) it seems like that is a great way to get info out.

That's a good thought. We could put together a social media push the way they did for Jason Doe. I'm not sure exactly how they proceeded but I think they had a contact in the ME's office who worked with them. Since the NJ state police have been putting out Tiger Lady's information, they might be interested in a more aggressive campaign.

That's a good thought. We could put together a social media push the way they did for Jason Doe. I'm not sure exactly how they proceeded but I think they had a contact in the ME's office who worked with them. Since the NJ state police have been putting out Tiger Lady's information, they might be interested in a more aggressive campaign.

Maybe we can use that case as a Do/Don't sticky or something. Not that there was anything wrong there but it got a little crazy from what I was reading.

Ultimately that effort appears to have done what hadn't been accomplished in almost 20 years so we can chalk any hiccups to being 'growing pains' and maybe talk about how to move forward with those resources in the future.

For individual cases I'm wondering if there is a way to have an area where things like - websites, social media pages, etc for that Doe or MP can be listed. Almost like a checklist with links. I'm not sure how to do it but I think it's worth looking at for many cases. It would be fabulous if Namus automatically pushed out new cases to social media but that is out of our hands.

Hmmm.......We need to think and talk about this. :thinking:

I have an Imgur and Reddit account now since the Jason case but I don't know how to use them. I just set that up because I was thinking about how to use it in the future and watching how that case unfolded.

Maybe we can use that case as a Do/Don't sticky or something. Not that there was anything wrong there but it got a little crazy from what I was reading.

Ultimately that effort appears to have done what hadn't been accomplished in almost 20 years so we can chalk any hiccups to being 'growing pains' and maybe talk about how to move forward with those resources in the future.

For individual cases I'm wondering if there is a way to have an area where things like - websites, social media pages, etc for that Doe or MP can be listed. Almost like a checklist with links. I'm not sure how to do it but I think it's worth looking at for many cases. It would be fabulous if Namus automatically pushed out new cases to social media but that is out of our hands.

Hmmm.......We need to think and talk about this. :thinking:

I have an Imgur and Reddit account now since the Jason case but I don't know how to use them. I just set that up because I was thinking about how to use it in the future and watching how that case unfolded.

BBM - There is a company, Media for the missing trying to accomplish just that. They're using proceeds from a book letters to our missing to write software. I helped with a letter to Thomas Cook missing from Pueblo CO.
A Nationwide Missing Person's Awareness System
Amazon 'Letters to our Missing': A publication of letters and poems from families to their missing loved ones

I have some basic WordPress skills. I could provide a working blog where we could discuss and keep track of things.

There is a company, Media for the missing trying to accomplish just that. They're using proceeds from a book letters to our missing to write software. I helped with a letter to Thomas Cook missing from Pueblo CO.

I was wondering about doing the same thing for the unidentified people. Like a non-profit ad company that did things like that. I just never got it moving.

I have some basic WordPress skills. I could provide a working blog where we could discuss and keep track of things.

Good idea!

Minnesota, especially around the Minneapolis-St.Paul area; and the SanFran Bay area have large Hmong populations from what I have read. It might be worth sending Tigerlady's info to those places using social media. I like the idea of a push for her-thank you for suggesting it. When I look at the recons, sometimes I get just a faint sense of "Russian" about her as well...... Can we begin to outline /organize a media push for her as to who can do what? Just MOO, but I do not think Tigerlady was from NJ or NY, or someone would have recognized her by now.

Maybe there is a fairly young officer (20's-30's) with the New Jersey State Police or in the New Jersey Police Academy who is extremely computer-savvy with Imgur that might take an interest in Tigerlady also. If the police academy students who are close to graduating have some sort of final project or group project that they must complete for one of their classes........ just brainstorming out loud.........

We probably need to ask CarlK (the UID mod) if it would be OK to set up a "Social Media Push" page thread for Tigerlady, as well as an official "Ruleout" thread. As of this morning, there are only 4 ruleouts for TL. I did find a Hmong chat website. Although it is primarily for those of Hmong descent, the site does state that all ethnicities are welcome to post. I have not posted Tigerlady there yet-I think we need to organize our strategies first. :)

Link:
http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php?board=73.0

There is also this chat site: http://www.hmongpride.com/hmong-chat This site seems to be aimed at teens from what I could tell. The poll question was " Should I date Soandso?"

Both sites claim to be the "Number #1 " Hmong chat sites on the web.

We probably need to ask CarlK (the UID mod) if it would be OK to set up a "Social Media Push" page thread for Tigerlady, as well as an official "Ruleout" thread. As of this morning, there are only 4 ruleouts for TL. I did find a Hmong chat website. Although it is primarily for those of Hmong descent, the site does state that all ethnicities are welcome to post. I have not posted Tigerlady there yet-I think we need to organize our strategies first. :)

Link:
http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php?board=73.0

There is also this chat site: http://www.hmongpride.com/hmong-chat This site seems to be aimed at teens from what I could tell. The poll question was " Should I date Soandso?"

Both sites claim to be the "Number #1 " Hmong chat sites on the web.

I personally don't like the idea of dedicated UID forums for a single UID. We have a few, and they tend to get pretty disorganized.

But that's JMO. The ones currently set up involve very complex stories with multiple avenues to pursue. I don't think enough is known for sure about Tiger Lady, except that she had a tattoo.

http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2015/02/could_a_grateful_dead_guitar_help_crack_decades-old_murder_mystery.html#incart_m-rpt-2

From NJ.com "Could a Grateful Dead guitar help crack decades-old murder mystery?"

IDK - It doesn't look like a specific type of cat tat to me - although I always thought the tail was odd, which I think we discussed a while back and it turned out not to be.

I'm glad they are still on her case though so any new theory could be better than the ones that haven't produced an ID thus far.

GD where in NYC and Boston in September 91 - then California in October.

Some interesting details in that article, about the ink and such.

Which reminded me to go looking, and Hah! I found a picture of my son's t-shirt.

Attachments

• tiger tshirt.png
    tiger tshirt.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 225
There is a clear picture of Jerry Garcia's Tiger guitar at this link. There is also a lot of very, very techie info about his Tiger guitar.

http://www.dozin.com/jers/guitars/tiger/info.html

From dead.net- here is the 1991 show schedule: http://www.dead.net/shows-by-year/1991.

In September 1991, the Dead had played over a week's worth of shows at Madison Square Garden, from Sept. 8 to Sept 18th. Previous to that, they had played Giants stadium in mid-June 1991 (June 16-17). I would have cut/pasted the 1991 summer tour schedule, but IDK if that is allowed. Given the amount of decomp, I wonder if TL's DOD might have been June?

They don't look terribly similar to me...usually when you're a fan of something, you want it exactly identical.

Went looking for MPs with no DNA in NAMUS. One of the ones I found was Nguyet Phung, age 19. This WA state MP does not have DNA in NAMUS, just dentals and FP are available. Her height and age are in range. She was last seen leaving her parents' apartment on her way to school/work on May 9, 1991. There is no photo on any MP site that I can find. She is not on Tigerlady's ruleout list.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20083/1/

Ms. Phung is not listed on doenetwork or on charleyproject.

I

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back