Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes the dogs led them near the bus stop and apparently this bus takes you to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and anyone who has been there knows there are cameras everywhere. I don't know if NJ Transit has cameras onboard. Also, Oradell has only 8000 people. A theater, a park a hospital and a water treatment plant.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

So anyone that is local...what is 3 blocks away?

I grew up in the next town. This community is in affluent Bergen County, roughly 20 miles outside of New York City.

Depending on where he lived, three blocks away could bring him to Kinderkamack Road, a main road that you can easily catch a bus to NYC. This road spans through many communities, and many commute to the city by bus.

I believe Soldier Hill Road was mentioned, which is right off Kinderkamack Road, that is a main road also which spans into neighboring Paramus,NJ.

There is also the train station off of Kinderkamack and Oradell Avenue, The New Jersey Transit Pascack Valley Line runs along Kinderkamack Road but I do not know how often, if at all, trains run on Sunday.

Hope that helps. I know the area like the back of my hand, but haven't been up that way in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But why haven't they found anything on surveillance?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

But why haven't they found anything on surveillance?

We don't know whether they have or haven't found anything on surveillance. But if they have they have not released it.

They know lots more then they are telling. They are only releasing what will help them.

Hi. I live nearby. He was heading to a main road that had bus stops to NYC. He left around 3:30pm and the next bus was at 3:56pm.

There are very few trains on Sunday. One at 3:34 and the next around 7pm. He took a bus.

There are very few trains on Sunday. One at 3:34 and the next around 7pm. He took a bus.
How do you know he took the bus? Has there been talk confirming it.

I believe in a past post it said dogs led them to the bus stop, but i could be wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The dogs have been wrong on a couple of recent cases - it would be good if we could get corroboration.

How do you know he took the bus? Has there been talk confirming it.

Not sure if it's confirmed with surveillance but he was walking in that direction (to the bus stop) , two of his bus tickets were missing, and dogs caught his scent there but not sure if they have surveillance footage. In that area of oradell there isn't anything there except residential homes so he was most likely going to the bus.

That picture is from their trip to Scotland.
Are we referring to the same picture? The one of him pretending to kiss a framed photograph? How do you know it's from Scotland? And even so, it is still an odd/curious choice, imho

Are we referring to the same picture? The one of him pretending to kiss a framed photograph? How do you know it's from Scotland? And even so, it is still an odd/curious choice, imho

Because I'm a Facebook friend and can see more than what the public can see

Its a good debate, right? Its sad that people want to walk away but its so much better than the alternative. And while mental illness is stigmatized it is usually treatable so I choose to be glad when a person is found.

the gift bag is bizarre

Article from today (he's been missing a week now): http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2017/08/one_week_after_disappearing_talent_agent_still_not.html

ORADELL -- A full week has gone by since Mark Schlegel walked away from his house without his wallet or phone, and authorities still don't know where he is.

"There's been no contact from him or with anybody who knows his possible whereabouts," Oradell Sgt. Derek Kahill said. "There's a lot of concern in general."

Schlegel, 57, was last seen in Oradell, where he and his wife, Chris, have long called home, at 3:30 p.m. last Sunday.

His family has gotten help from colleagues and friends to search both Oradell and extensively in Manhattan, where Schlegel works as a talent agent for Cornerstone Talent Agency.

Police have scoured many parts of Oradell on foot, and have also interviewed his colleagues in Manhattan for any leads. In addition, two Nixle alerts were sent out last week to residents about Schlegel's disappearance.

More info at link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep coming back to the fact that they just returned from an overseas trip the day before. Jet lag and all. I just feel that the trip plays into this mystery.

I wonder how big the 'gift bag' was, and if it was really something else?

So he had a gift for someone and he just couldn't wait to bring it to them...a girlfriend? A boyfriend? Secret love child? He was a man on a mission with that gift bag for sure...

Hi. New to this website even though have been reading for years. Is there any word of cctv in the area that may have seen his exact moves and whereabouts?

So he had a gift for someone and he just couldn't wait to bring it to them...a girlfriend? A boyfriend? Secret love child? He was a man on a mission with that gift bag for sure...

I don't think there was an actual gift in there. I dunno.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back