Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could the gift bag contain a souvenir from the vacation? Something special he picked up for a friend? Possible mugging gone awry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Did he tell his wife where he was going? Was the gift bag taken from his home?

Could the gift bag contain a souvenir from the vacation? Something special he picked up for a friend? Possible mugging gone awry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Possibly but most likely not. He left in a hurry out of the blue. Oradell is not a place where one gets mugged.

Did he tell his wife where he was going? Was the gift bag taken from his home?

He did not tell her. Gift bag taken from his home but let's face it - anything could've been in it. He just up and left without her even knowing. I think the theory about him being blackmailed and running out the door to bring something in that bag is fascinating.

His wife knew exactly what he did and where he was that morning. Yet he leaves at 3:30, doesn't tell her he is going or where he is headed and how does anyone know that he was only going 3 blocks away? I would know if my husband took a gift bag from my "stash" of bags. Was it from the house, their vacation or did he buy something that morning??

I can't imagine there is anywhere to buy a gift bag in this small town but I bet a talent agent has dozens of swag bags from his clients.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

How long had he been missing before she called authorities? I can't tell from timeline.

and how does anyone know that he was only going 3 blocks away?
rsbm... i have been wondering the very same thing?? If no one knows where he ended up, and his wife didn't even know he left, how can it be said that he was headed to a destination 3 blocks away????

He did not tell her. Gift bag taken from his home but let's face it - anything could've been in it. He just up and left without her even knowing. I think the theory about him being blackmailed and running out the door to bring something in that bag is fascinating.

Maybe perhaps a client of his was upset over something?

rsbm... i have been wondering the very same thing?? If no one knows where he ended up, and his wife didn't even know he left, how can it be said that he was headed to a destination 3 blocks away????
From what I understand, they assumed he was going 3 blocks away because that's where you catch the bus and they believe he had a bus pass with him. Someone posted (or it was in an article?) That there was no where else to go on the road he was on except to the area where the bus stops.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

According to Google maps the bus stop is a 14 minute walk from his house.
Also some neighbor did see him walking (it said "with purpose" or something similar) toward the bus stop.

His wife knew exactly what he did and where he was that morning. Yet he leaves at 3:30, doesn't tell her he is going or where he is headed and how does anyone know that he was only going 3 blocks away? I would know if my husband took a gift bag from my "stash" of bags. Was it from the house, their vacation or did he buy something that morning??

I'm pretty sure she wasn't concerned or aware of her stash of bags to notice and more with where her husband was. I believe the gift bag was simply a bag he used to transport something.

According to Google maps the bus stop is a 14 minute walk from his house.
Also some neighbor did see him walking (it said "with purpose" or something similar) toward the bus stop.

That is correct. He left around 3:30 and the next bus was at 3:56

So he had a gift for someone and he just couldn't wait to bring it to them...a girlfriend? A boyfriend? Secret love child? He was a man on a mission with that gift bag for sure...

For sure? Or your opinion?

It never said he was headed to a DESTINATION three blocks away. They said he was walking toward a main road that was 3 blocks away.

So he had a gift for someone and he just couldn't wait to bring it to them...a girlfriend? A boyfriend? Secret love child? He was a man on a mission with that gift bag for sure...

Who's to say the gift bag didn't have a wad of cash in it and/or other items needed to kick start a new life ? I feel something was said on the vacation. The wife knows something, imo.

Have the authorities checked the video footage from Port Authority ? That place must be crawling with security cameras. If he took a bus to NYC on a Sunday, that's where it would have went, I assume. From there, you can catch a bus to virtually anywhere in the US. Do you need ID to buy a bus ticket nowadays ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back