Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How about money problems?

I'm under the impression that he voluntarily disappeared. Voluntary disappearances are usually for a reason whether it makes sense or not. Everyone who has posted a missing "poster" on Facebook regarding this case from family & friends to people he worked with as their agent have had nothing but wonderful things to say about him- not one bad word. Although they seemed like the all-American perfect family - attractive, smart & educated he apparently had secrets. I hope and pray he hasn't harmed himself and will continue to be on the lookout for him.

I'm under the impression that he voluntarily disappeared. Voluntary disappearances are usually for a reason whether it makes sense or not. Everyone who has posted a missing "poster" on Facebook regarding this case from family & friends to people he worked with as their agent have had nothing but wonderful things to say about him- not one bad word. Although they seemed like the all-American perfect family - attractive, smart & educated he apparently had secrets. I hope and pray he hasn't harmed himself and will continue to be on the lookout for him.

I just don't think it was voluntary I dunno. Doesn't make sense.

This is not a man who changed his profile pictures and cover photos often yet he changed both only a few hours before he disappeared. What do you all make of that?

There's a Go Fund Me now for his family to help them.
Um wow that kinda seems a little weird to me. I have to say I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories but my mind is going a little wild now.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Um wow that kinda seems a little weird to me. I have to say I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories but my mind is going a little wild now.

It was set up by members of the casting community, not his family, if that means anything. In 3 hours it raised over $4k. Wow.

His family didn't set it up. People in the arts community did. It's beginning to circulate now. It's to help his family search for him.

I guess they wanna hire private detectives.

Ok that makes much more sense that his friends and colleagues would do this. I agree that everyone loves him and I truly hope for a good outcome for him. Its been a while for a walkaway to not be found. They usually pop up within a week. A PI would be a good investment the good ones are bulldogs and will do what cops won't.

It seems like the family would have enough money to hire a PI.
Well, that's why my spidey senses went up when I heard about the ******** page but it seems very understandable that friends would want to do something proactive to help find their friend. I really don't think there is any funny business in this case.

So has LE interviewed bus drivers from that day and route? Reviewed port authority surveillance? I'm just really not getting a foul play vibe.

So has LE interviewed bus drivers from that day and route? Reviewed port authority surveillance? I'm just really not getting a foul play vibe.
Bears LE has, as usual, told us nothing and i hate to say it are probably doing nothing because they don't do a lot with missing cases with no evidence of foul play. I think they know more then they are saying but probably not much. Though initially sceptical I think the fundraising if spent well will yield results. I don't know that we will ever know what reallly happens because these stories tend to die off when the person is found but I bet its newsworthy.

Bears LE has, as usual, told us nothing and i hate to say it are probably doing nothing because they don't do a lot with missing cases with no evidence of foul play. I think they know more then they are saying but probably not much. Though initially sceptical I think the fundraising if spent well will yield results. I don't know that we will ever know what reallly happens because these stories tend to die off when the person is found but I bet its newsworthy.

I agree they know more than they are saying which goes hand in hand with no evidence of foul play to me. His wife said she thinks he went to the city and came back. that struck me as odd. Wouldn't you tell your spouse if you were getting on the bus to the city on a Sunday? I also wonder why she thinks he went to the city and came back considering he didn't have his wallet or phone. Even if I lived in Hoboken and my husband left our home without his wallet or phone I wouldn't assume he went to the city and back. I totally understand her wanting to believe that scenario, which IMO is why she thinks two bus tickets were missing, but I don't know if it is too logical. Unless there is something we don't know about what happened right before he left. Idk.

I agree. If my husband went missing I would tell authorities to look for his dead body-meaning a wife knows if there is the possibility of her husband walking out. She is begging him to come home. Something happened that day or was brewing.
A wife always knows, whether she wants to face it or not.

Interesting case and dynamics. I agree it sounds like a volunteer disappearance.
Frank Ahearn, a skiptracer (a term for people who find others), says that people intentionally go missing for usually two reasons: money or danger. Men usually leave because of money, and women because of danger.

It seems like the family would have enough money to hire a PI.

His house is much more modest than you think. While talent agents earn a decent living it isn't salaried it's commission only and you'd be surprised how expensive PIs can be

Authorities remain baffled over the disappearance of talent agent*Mark Schlegel, who last was*seen leaving his New Jersey home more than a week ago.

Schlegel, 57, who works for*CornerStone Talent Agency*in Manhattan, has a client list that includes Brandon Flynn*(13 Reasons Why), Daniel Sunjata*(The Dark Knight Rises) and Dominic Chianese (The Sopranos), among others. He has been with CornerStone since 2002.

Police have searched several areas of Oradell on foot and also have interviewed his colleagues for any leads. Two Nixle alerts also were sent out last week to residents about Schlegel’s disappearance, according to nj.com. But so far, his disappearance remains a mystery.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/new-york-talent-agent-vanished-still-missing-mark-schlegel-1202153398/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I know one thing... if I were attempting to slip away to commit suicide or to make a fresh start, I'd do it in such a way as to have a healthy headstart. I wouldn't dash out in the middle of the day in a wholly uncharacteristic manner so that others would be alerted and/or concerned almost immediately.

My feeling is he left in a panic - received a phone call or email? - and intended to come right back after taking care of something, but things went wrong somehow. Had it been planned, I think he would have given himself a wider window of opportunity through which to disappear.

All MOO, as always.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Well, that's why my spidey senses went up when I heard about the ******** page but it seems very understandable that friends would want to do something proactive to help find their friend. I really don't think there is any funny business in this case.

I agree

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC