NJ NJ - Meaghan McCallum, 30, Oakland, 10 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Or that she kept out of viewing of the cameras???? Or was kept?? Did the neighbors see or hear anything???? Have a dog that barks at all noises or a motion detector light out side?

She had taken off and come back before---where did she go? To a friend, the beach, slept in her car...........

I agree- her car mostly likely should've been caught on camera at least somewhere. Problem is, we have no idea where that somewhere is because we don't a general direction she was headed. Also, Montvale and a lot of the other towns nearby sort of run right into each other and you can go from town to town very quickly without ever getting on a major road or highway. So depending on the route she had taken and where she was headed, Meaghan could've gone a decent distance without being on camera. Now that doesn't account for gas stations, convenience stores etc. Just trying to give a glimpse of the geography.

I agree- her car mostly likely should've been caught on camera at least somewhere. Problem is, we have no idea where that somewhere is because we don't a general direction she was headed. Also, Montvale and a lot of the other towns nearby sort of run right into each other and you can go from town to town very quickly without ever getting on a major road or highway. So depending on the route she had taken and where she was headed, Meaghan could've gone a decent distance without being on camera. Now that doesn't account for gas stations, convenience stores etc. Just trying to give a glimpse of the geography.

A completely true glimpse. I wish an insider would join so WSer could help, if at all possible, to get some more ideas perhaps.

The dog barking is what woke Meg's grandmother at around 3 a.m., hot cawfee

when Meaghan left other times did she take her dog with her???? ANd dumb question that I will ask---had she stocked up on food for her dog? IMO goes to whether she planned to go away or not...........

when Meaghan left other times did she take her dog with her???? ANd dumb question that I will ask---had she stocked up on food for her dog? IMO goes to whether she planned to go away or not...........

hmm... wish we knew. Sweet Pea, according to Mrs. McCallum, is Meg's constant companion, even tags along with Meg to her work with the elderly.

This case is so difficult because we just don't know if Meaghan left on her own to get away for a while, possibly harm herself, or she met with someone and something happened to her.

Oakland Woman Missing Since March 11 Remains Unfound
April 7, 2015

An Oakland woman who went missing on March 11 still has not been found, according to an NJ.com report.

Meaghan McCallum, 30, left her grandmother’s house in Montvale on that day in a black 1998 Subaru with New Jersey license plate number N32-EAY, according to the report.

The family says that they do not believe she ran away, the report states.

I wonder if they will begin to organize large scale searches. Something needs to break in this, something to go on.

I wonder if they will begin to organize large scale searches. Something needs to break in this, something to go on.

Yes. Her family seems to be emphasizing the complete lack of clues, electronic trail, her car hasn't been reported or seen on security cams, no direction since Sweet Pea barking woke up Meg's grandmother at about 3 am. The only thing I can think is that she may have driven out for a quick snack, or cigarettes, or something, and she was somehow abducted or came to harm. She must have been dealing with her mental health, keeping a job, loved at work, and outgoing before stopping her medication, I'm guessing. So, that may have led to trouble with mom, maybe not the best judgement, and she seemed to be addressing it by removing herself to a less stressful situation at her grandmothers, I'm guessing. It may be that some decision driven by impulse may have played a role in what she decided to do sometime between around 11 pm and 3 am. To know what that decision may have been may give some direction. However, if that decision itself is not what led to her disappearing, then something that happened to her when she walked out that door with her car keys would be what to look for. They have so little information that I think the only way to take good guesses is if you know more about how she did things in the past. I'm not sure if this makes sense.

It's most likely unrelated but there was a ton of police activity last night in Oakland. I only bring it up because a large scale police event is somewhat rare for Oakland and the area. Talked to a friend and I had heard it was a suspect eluding police and tried to run an officer over. Still, likely unrelated and have seen nothing in msm about it.

It's most likely unrelated but there was a ton of police activity last night in Oakland. I only bring it up because a large scale police event is somewhat rare for Oakland and the area. Talked to a friend and I had heard it was a suspect eluding police and tried to run an officer over. Still, likely unrelated and have seen nothing in msm about it.

Thank you, NJGuy, will check it out.

Oakland Woman Missing Since March 11 Remains Unfound
Police and family have developed no solid leads in the case.

By Justin Heinze, Patch Staff, Apr 7, '15

There this, a heart felt encompassing moving poem written during Easter by a beloved relative's of Meg, linked to her picture here:

http://politicalpoets.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook.com/findmegnow...419900708088/1572415863041825/?type=1&theater

A great picture of Meg has been updated to the page, but no change in status. I was hoping she may have gotten in touch over Easter if she's out there.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-04-08 at 5.34.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2015-04-08 at 5.34.20 PM.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 75
There has been an unconfirmed sighting that her car has been found in Long Branch, which is down the shore. A little over an hour's drive from Montvale. I have been digging into it and can't find anything msn or conclusive about the tip.

OMGL--------am sending many prayers for the family of this dear soul who ever she may be

Yet another body was in the Hudson River today, near JC. I'll try and find the link when I can, no confirmation on whether it was male or female though

OK...according to the FindMeg FB page, her car has been recovered in Long Branch at Pier Village. Meg was captured on camera walking out of the parking garage within a few hours of her being missing. Pier Village is a very popular place down in Long Branch, it's sort of a big outdoor mall kind of place, with a lot of restaurants and shops as well as some apartments. It is directly next to the beach as well. I have been there many times to eat, hang out and go to the beach. Aside from meeting someone at Pier Village in the early mornings, it's strange she would drive there. Pier Village is a very nice place, a lot to do, and is well-lit and has security and patrols as well. According to the FB page, police have sent canines out to the beach to check for a scent as well as the boardwalk. What's really strange is that she was not seen any other cameras attached to businesses. Knowing Pier Village, I wouldn't think you could walk 50 feet without being on a camera somewhere, the shops and restaurants are close to each other and they line the boardwalk and area. Pier Village is an enclosed place, where you can park your car and walk around easily, she would've had to have been on camera somewhere.

Missing Oakland woman's car found in Long Branch
11127472_1577517445865000_8292384768348943833_n.jpg

Oakland - The family of Meaghan McCallum, who has been missing for more than a month, reported this week that her vehicle was found at a residential apartment complex in Long Branch.According to family members, video footage shows Meg leaving a parking garage in Long Branch at about 5:30 a.m. on March 11. She left the garage on foot.

According to Heidi McCallum, her mother, McCallum's 1998 Subaru Impreza was left in the garage unattended for weeks and had an accumulation of summonses. The car was believed to be stolen and identified through a license plate search on April 11 at a residential apartment complex.
http://www.northjersey.com/communit...nd-woman-s-car-found-in-long-branch-1.1311782

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sergeantconker
Back