NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
one question (which i can't answer). where are PC's wife and daughters?

Caneiro survivors ask for privacy, after parents and kids killed

they did not visit him in prison, and though the asbury park press stated that he was in a solitary confinement situation, whilst the lawyers said they "couldn't visit"...website hours clearly state that protective custody inmates have specific hours:

Inmate Visiting Hours

we haven't seen nor heard boo from the family. IMO they're in protective custody too. aka WITSEC...wink...

Because they don’t want to be associated with this disgusting crime. You’re apparently local so you obviously know that people here love to gossip and talk ****, but they don’t want to be known as the ones who spread the word. “You didn’t hear it from me but...”

i'm local but i only have 'friends of friends' who know the family. trying to stay true to TOS with links, etc. IMO, PC is innocent of murdering his family. and don't get me wrong, JMO he's dirty as heck, but not of this particular crime. he'll never name who's responsible or his own death certificate is signed.

everyone here has him convicted, and i disagree. so i'm not victim-blaming, i'm waiting to see what actual evidence surfaces.

Last edited:

So Citibank was a customer...

According to Bostrom, the incident happened in 1991. At the time, he was working for a friend's company as an in-house IT consultant for CitiBank's Chicago headquarters. Paul Caneiro was flown into CitiBank's downtown Chicago offices several times a year, because his brother's company, Jay Martin Consulting (which was later re-named Square One) had landed a lucrative contract to install CitiBank's computer network nationwide.

Colts Neck murders: Paul Caneiro was set to control much of the family's fortune

Control of much of the murdered Caneiro family's fortune would have gone to Paul Caneiro, the man accused of killing his brother, sister-in-law and their young children, under the terms of the family’s will, the Asbury Park Press has learned.

The 2006 will named Paul Caneiro, 51, as the executor of the Caneiro estate if his brother, Keith, and his wife Jennifer, both died. Moreover, if there were no wife or children to inherit Keith Caneiro’s fortune, Paul Caneiro would have sole control over a number of significant trust funds.

The will, filed in probate court Thursday, had been contested by Jennifer Caneiro’s mother. As a result, Paul Caneiro, who is in the Monmouth County Jail charged with four counts of murder, two counts of aggravated arson and other offenses, has been removed as executor of the estate, according to a probate court notice. Cesar Caneiro, Paul and Keith's father, has been named executor.

More...

Imo we don't have to wonder anymore what Paul's true motive was for murdering his brother and wiping out all of Keith's family.

I dont think many are surprised to learn the motive all along was financial greed.

It's the same motive I see on many ID shows where a close family member wipe out their own families for financial greed.

I dont think there is a colder more evil motive when it comes to family members turned brutal stone cold murderers against their own.

Imo Paul coldly and methodically planned all of this out. As he brutally stabbed Keith's wife and little children to death it meant nothing to him as he was ending their lives and Keith's life. He didnt see them as his family. As he killed each one he only saw $$$$$ signs and nothing more. Imo.

Sadly greed is a very common motive when one family member is consumed with greed. So much so they are more than willing to murder multiple victims in order to get it.

I am so glad the police knew immediately Paul was the one who did these horrific acts.

Now he will never inherit or be involved in Keith assets ever again.

That is already justice for what he did to Keith and his family even before his murder/arson trial begins.

Imo there is absolutely no evidence that Paul's family is in some kind of witness protection plan. Unless the police thinks Paul may put out a hit on his own family who could testify about what Paul did or if he had said disparaging things about Keith and his family.

I am sure Paul's wife is aware of a lot of things that would be helpful to the state's investigation.

I dont see Paul's wife protecting her husband's deep dark secrets.

Imo...It's obvious his family is not visiting him even though they could is because they want no part of a child murderer...understandably so.

Jmo

Last edited:
I do think the police are providing security to Paul's family making sure they are safe.

Even with Paul in jail now doesnt mean his family isnt fearful of him. They know if he can murder Keith and his entire family he may try to have someone silence them too. Imo Paul knows his own family knows damaging things about him. Imo

We have seen many cases where a defendant is locked up but asked an inmate to silence witnesses that will testify against them.

I dont see Paul's wife exercising her right not to testify against him.

What he has done is just too horrific. I don't think she will standby a multiple murderer including one who murdered two defenseless children who had been in her family since they were born.

It has to be heart shattering for Paul's wife and children.

He has left so many victims behind that will never be the same including his own family. He has destroyed them too.

Imo

Colts Neck murders: Paul Caneiro was set to control much of the family's fortune

Control of much of the murdered Caneiro family's fortune would have gone to Paul Caneiro, the man accused of killing his brother, sister-in-law and their young children, under the terms of the family’s will, the Asbury Park Press has learned.

The 2006 will named Paul Caneiro, 51, as the executor of the Caneiro estate if his brother, Keith, and his wife Jennifer, both died. Moreover, if there were no wife or children to inherit Keith Caneiro’s fortune, Paul Caneiro would have sole control over a number of significant trust funds.

The will, filed in probate court Thursday, had been contested by Jennifer Caneiro’s mother. As a result, Paul Caneiro, who is in the Monmouth County Jail charged with four counts of murder, two counts of aggravated arson and other offenses, has been removed as executor of the estate, according to a probate court notice. Cesar Caneiro, Paul and Keith's father, has been named executor.

More...

I wonder what evidence Paul was trying to destroy when he lit the fires at his own house (mentioned in previous links). If he was set to control trust funds, it must have been something that would deny him that control for him to risk drawing attention to himself. A new will? Evidence of fiscal malfeasance?

His wife and daughters now have nothing except a damaged house and used Porsches. They’ve lost beloved family too.

Picture Emerges Of One Caneiro Brother Thriving, Another In Pain
one sad rabbit hole after another. do a simple google on all these names. Mark Bostrom, 9931A, jay-martin, cesar...nothing ends up legit. just because the internet lists "citibank" as their customer doesn't mean it's so...i could tell you i'm beyonce and link my instagram with jay z as my husband. sure. mhmm...

This link was already posted on Friday by Breezie (see below), so no googling of Bostrom is necessary. If Bostrom is to be believed, and his colleague collaborated his account, it proves that CitiBank was a customer and that PC was a willing to threaten people even in 1991. So I’m not sure what isn’t legit.

As to the rest of the list to google, I’m not sure what you see or hear, but it doesn’t seem to be zebras to me. :)

Zebra (medicine) - Wikipedia

Former Colleague Says Paul Canerio Threatened Him At Previous Job

The network cut out.

"I decided to say something to him. I made this joke out of it: I walked into the office where he was examining some blueprints and I asked him when the 'notwork' would be back on," he said.

Paul became enraged.

"He picked up a screwdriver off a table and said something like, 'You know, you could have a fatal accident back here,' while slowly moving the screwdriver up and down," he recalled. "It wasn't a stabbing motion. It was just clear he wanted me to see the screwdriver."

Bostrom said he was "pretty scared" at the time; they were alone together in the office, which was under construction at the time, and it was dark.

Bostrom said he immediately just left the office. Patch contacted his boss at the time, and he confirmed the entire account. That man, 55, who also lives in the Chicago area, asked not to have his name printed, or his company's name, because they are still in operation and IT contracts for major banks are an essential part of their business.

But he corroborated Bostrom's story.

Last edited:
I wonder what evidence Paul was trying to destroy when he lit the fires at his own house (mentioned in previous links). If he was set to control trust funds, it must have been something that would deny him that control for him to risk drawing attention to himself. A new will? Evidence of fiscal malfeasance?

His wife and daughters now have nothing except a damaged house and used Porsches. They’ve lost beloved family too.

This link was already posted on Friday by Breezie (see below), so no googling of Bostrom is necessary. If Bostrom is to be believed, and his colleague collaborated his account, it proves that CitiBank was a customer and that PC was a willing to threaten people even in 1991. So I’m not sure what isn’t legit.

As to the rest of the list to google, I’m not sure what you see or hear, but it doesn’t seem to be zebras to me. :)

Zebra (medicine) - Wikipedia

Lilibet..I think he was wanting to destroy the documents and paperwork he had taken from Keith's home after he had murdered them all.

Now that I have thought about it more I do believe he set fire to his home hoping all and any evidence inside would be burned to ashes. He more than likely had homeowner's insurance so he thought all of the material things would be replaced. He believed no one would ever know the real reason for setting fire to his home was to destroy important evidence that would connect him to the murders and his illegal wrongdoings.

I really think he wanted his home to burn to the ground.

Jmo

Lilibet..I think he was wanting to destroy the documents and paperwork he had taken from Keith's home after he had murdered them all.

Now that I have thought about it more I do believe he set fire to his home hoping all and any evidence inside would be burned to ashes. He more than likely had homeowner's insurance so he thought all of the material things would be replaced. He believed no one would ever know the real reason for setting fire to his home was to destroy important evidence that would connect him to the murders and his illegal wrongdoings.

I really think he wanted his home to burn to the ground.

Jmo

I should have been more specific. :) I know he was trying to destroy paperwork and documents from Keith’s home...I just wonder what they were all about. New will, new trust fund, etc? Or evidence that he was embezzling?

Your theory that he was trying to destroy his own home makes sense, since he could have destroyed these documents from Keith’s home in another way. It seemed silly to draw attention to himself by setting this fire at his house just to destroy evidence from his brother’s house. There must have been something at his house too. But he got his family out in time before it burned down. So how could he expect his house to totally burn down? It’s still possible that he was trying to make it look as if he was “targeted” too. I have a feeling that, like Chris Watts, he didn’t think this whole thing through very well.

ok catching up here, But is there any evidence whatsoever that mafia etc were involved? It was my understanding that all evidence points to one person and one person only? And i believe that person was PC?.....I'm just curious where all these wild rumors that are being floated around with no supporting evidence came from?

ok catching up here, But is there any evidence whatsoever that mafia etc were involved? It was my understanding that all evidence points to one person and one person only? And i believe that person was PC?.....I'm just curious where all these wild rumors that are being floated around with no supporting evidence came from?

No, there has been no evidence presented that suggests that. LE seems to be certain they have the right person and I agree 100%

Last edited:
one question (which i can't answer). where are PC's wife and daughters?

Caneiro survivors ask for privacy, after parents and kids killed

they did not visit him in prison, and though the asbury park press stated that he was in a solitary confinement situation, whilst the lawyers said they "couldn't visit"...website hours clearly state that protective custody inmates have specific hours:

Inmate Visiting Hours

we haven't seen nor heard boo from the family. IMO they're in protective custody too. aka WITSEC...wink...

We probably haven’t heard from his wife and daughters because maybe they are mortified, angry, sad, grieving, etc. JMO

Somebunny. :p

No, there has been no evidence presented that suggests that. LE seems to be certain they have the right person and I agree 100%

I agree too. And I’ve tried to be open-minded and have gone down the “rabbit” holes to no avail. :) I think if this had happened in North Dakota, for example, the mafia never would have been mentioned.

from me. somebunny. the mob doesn't leave "evidence". PC wants to stay in jail, his family are persona non grata, the prosecution "refuses to comment" and this is new jersey. i'm not spreading any rumor, i'm just stating the obvious. IMO, JMO, MOO...

i'm trying to be victim-friendly. as far as i'm concerned PC is a victim too.

someone point to physical evidence that puts PC at the crime scene, and not just what LE and the prosecution have said. they talk a good game, yet they haven't produced anything physical as far as i know (i could be wrong)...and since it's his brother's home, his dna/prints could be all over that house for logical reasons...doesn't mean he murdered them...

Somebunny. :p

I agree too. And I’ve tried to be open-minded and have gone down the “rabbit” holes to no avail. :) I think if this had happened in North Dakota, for example, the mafia never would have been mentioned.

and IMO this happened in temecula, california as well, in the mcstay case. geography not a factor...JMO...but the mob does exist in pockets around the globe...they span all countries on most continents...ethnicity not necessarily particular to one group ;)

from me. somebunny. the mob doesn't leave "evidence". PC wants to stay in jail, his family are persona non grata, the prosecution "refuses to comment" and this is new jersey. i'm not spreading any rumor, i'm just stating the obvious. IMO, JMO, MOO...

someone point to physical evidence that puts PC at the crime scene, and not just what LE and the prosecution have said. they talk a good game, yet they haven't produced anything physical as far as i know (i could be wrong)...and since it's his brother's home, his dna/prints could be all over that house for logical reasons...doesn't mean he murdered them...

Agree to disagree, PC will get his day in court...

As far as physical evidence that puts PC at the crime scene, I don’t expect LE to release that (or any part of their case) to the public at this point. The grand jury will consider the evidence and decide whether or not the case goes to trial. And then PC will be entitled to a defense. Until then, we’ll agree to disagree. I just don’t see the compelling reason you do to think that the mob (of any ilk) is involved.

Copy of Will at link..

Colts Neck murders: Baseless to say inheritance was motive for Caneiro killing: attorneys

Defense attorneys for Paul Caneiro, the man accused of murdering his brother, sister-in-law and their young children last month, said Monday that there is no basis to suggest that inheriting his brother's fortune was a motive in the killing.

Snip

But Paul Caneiro's defense attorneys, Robert A. Honecker Jr. and Mitchell J. Ansell, said their client would only have been managing the estate as executor and would not have inherited his brother's wealth. The attorneys said Keith Caneiro, 50, had also been named executor of Paul and his wife's wills.

Snip

"As administrators of the wills they were not beneficiaries. To suggest this was a motive to commit these horrific crimes is simply without any basis."

Snip

Paul Caneiro never took as executor of his brother's estate. His attorneys confirmed Friday that he agreed to renounce his claim and Cesar Caneiro indicated he would be willing to assume the role.

But the process has been put on hold after Jennifer Caneiro's mother Bette Karidis filed an objection to the will in probate court. Control over the estate will now likely be settled in state Superior Court, Monmouth County Surrogate Rosemarie Peters told the Press.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back