NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"An armed guard closes the gate outside 15 Willow Brook Road in Colts Neck Thursday, November 7, 2019. It is nearly a year since Paul Caneiro killed his brother, wife and their two children here It is nearly a year since authorities allege Paul Caneiro killed his brother, wife and their two children here. He then set the home on fire."

"A picture of the Virgin Mary surrounded by Rosaries sits next to signs warning “NO TRESPASSING.” Security guards continuously keep watch over the property." (photos from above link)

5b344b5d-e76f-41c0-a4e8-ddb3425bc7d1-CANEIROANNIVERSARY1107A.jpg

Monday, December 2nd:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 9am ET) – NJ – Keith Martin Caneiro (50), his wife Jennifer Karidis Caneiro (45) & 2 children Jesse (11) & Sophia (8) (Nov. 20, 2018, Colt’s Neck; died prior to fire @ home) – *Paul Jay Caneiro (51) (bro) arrested (11/20/18), charged (11/29/18), indicted (2/25/19) & arraigned (3/18/19) on 4 counts of murder, 2 counts of felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated arson, possession of a firearm for an unlawful purpose, possession of a knife for an unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of a knife, theft, misapplication of entrusted property & 2 counts of hindering apprehension. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Indicted (7/1/19) with 2nd degree insurance fraud (from 11/6/12 to 7/9/19). Previously charge with 2 counts of 2nd degree aggravated arson (in connection to fire set @ his Ocean Township home on the same day before fire in Colt’s Neck), and with 4 counts of murder, with possession of a firearm & possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Paul Caneiro allegedly stole $78,000 from Keith & Jennifer Caneiro. He stole the money sometime between January 2017 & the day of the murders.
Court hearing from 11/28/18 thru 4/12/19 reference post #731 here:
NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

4/12/19 Update: Motion hearing on 5/13, next pretrial conference on 5/28. 5/28/19: Prosecutors are still in the process of providing a “monstrous” amount of financial documents to Paul Caneiro’s defense attorneys, delaying progress in the prosecution. Superior Judge Joseph W. Oxley, Christopher Decker, assistant Monmouth County prosecutor, said the state has to go through each of the “monstrous amount” of financial records and redact some information from them before turning them over to the defense. Oxley scheduled the next conference in the case for July 1.
7/1/19 Update: Grand Jury indictment: 1 count of 2nd degree insurance fraud (from 11/6/12 to 7/9/19). Next pretrial hearing on 7/29. 7/29/19: Insurance fraud: Plead not guilty. Next hearing on 9/9. 9/9/19: After much delay next hearing is scheduled on 12/2.

I’m very eager to see this case start moving along again. I drive by the house often and it is a constant ominous reminder.

I haven’t found anything on the next court date, but MCPO has been very busy lately closing cases so I have a feeling this one will be on deck soon.

I’m very eager to see this case start moving along again. I drive by the house often and it is a constant ominous reminder.

I haven’t found anything on the next court date, but MCPO has been very busy lately closing cases so I have a feeling this one will be on deck soon.
I'd say spring 2021 at the earliest. That must indeed be very ominous to drive by. :eek:

I looked for information, I still see early Spring on some websites. I will continue to check

"There will likely be pre-trial motions, delaying the trial for months until the spring."

"The case against Paul Caneiro is still being devoloped in the courts a year after he murder his brother and his family in their Colts Neck home."

They did not proof read that sentence

Video dated Nov. 20, 2019

Get Access

Last edited:
COLTS NECK - The mansion at 15 Willow Brook Road is the site where authorities allege Paul Caneiro murdered his brother and his brother's family before setting the home ablaze in one of the most brutal killing sprees in Monmouth County history.

And now it's gone, thanks to a demolition crew.

The Colts Neck Building Department issued a permit June 3 to raze the burned-out home, once worth $1.2 million, along with an in-ground swimming pool and "accessory structures." The estimated cost of the work was $118,000.

717af1ee-f5f8-473a-aea3-3677dace7a67-Caniero200617.jpg

The last major development in the case came nearly a year ago, in July 2019, when prosecutors added a charge of insurance fraud against Paul Caneiro, alleging he fraudulently collected disability payments while he continued to work and be paid in his wife's name.

Paul Caneiro has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Defense attorneys who initially represented him said he maintained his innocence and had no reason to harm his family. Those attorneys have now left the case over unspecified conflicts of interest. He is now being represented by the public defender's office, which has not commented publicly on the case.

Progress in the case stalled last year because prosecutors had to examine more than 1,000 pages of financial documents related to the investigation and turn them over to the defense.

The case is likely to be delayed even further by court restrictions put in place by the coronavirus pandemic.

A trial date hadn't been set at the time the state judiciary suspended all new jury trials when the pandemic arrived in March.

Officials have allowed some court events including sentencings and guilty pleas to resume in-person. But with jury trials remaining shut down, a resolution in the Caneiro case likely remains many months away.

Get Access

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo