GUILTY NJ - Patricia Belizaire, 24, murdered, North Brunswick, 21 Feb 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ETA: I would also like to know who the hell locked this gorgeous baby in a dirty bathroom at a gas station?!?!:furious:

I would much rather have a an ALIVE but DIRTY baby, then a baby that was left in an unlocked room, where she could get out and possibly walk the streets, and get hit or worse by someone. The lesser of two evils I guess

I'm jaded, I'm cynical, I admit it. Any possibility that her mother or other family locked her in while they went on a "date"? Maybe it was something they commonly did and this was the first time they got caught or reported?

My bet is that the baby was placed in there by her father or an uncle...somebody the baby's mother trusted. And the mother has no clue that the baby has even been abandoned because she thinks the father/uncle/whomever has her and is safe and sound.

She was in the men's bathroom?!

This bothers me. Unless someone left in there because they thought she'd be found faster...........I don't know, I'm just glad she's alive.......

im sorry, but if the gas attendent says he didnt give the key to anyone with a child (assuming he's not lying) then something far more sinister then child abandonment is going on here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA

Google aerial map of the general area, going off the Courier article. Looks pretty busy right there, a lot of roads meeting up, elementary school not far away. One of those neighborhoods that looks like an odd commercial/residential mix.

ETA: This article also says that she was placed in a foster home and she slept through the night. She's adjusting, so at least there's that.
http://www.delawareonline.com/artic...o-ID-on-toddler-found-in-gas-station-restroom

I would much rather have a an ALIVE but DIRTY baby, then a baby that was left in an unlocked room, where she could get out and possibly walk the streets, and get hit or worse by someone. The lesser of two evils I guess

Oh. Me, too. For sure.

But I would still like to know who the hell locked this gorgeous baby in a dirty men's bathroom at a gas station?!?!

aww she is so beautiful!! I hope someone recognizes her and even if her mother can no longer care for her.. that someone out there loves and will care for this adorable child

This one points out that she was abandoned near the U of Delaware. and that police have had lots of leads...nothing panned out.
They believe she is 2 1/2 - 3 years old,
In all the dozens of tips, they have not received the same name twice, not releasing any of those names now.
Also shows the bathroom.

The article gives the name of the man that found her and the video has an interview with him and the station worker.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7289999
Not sure if it had been posted, I didn't see it yet.

ETA: As of an hour ago, no ID.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news...bandoned_Inside_Delaware_Gas_Station_Bathroom

The fact that she does not match the description of any child that has been reported missing is just baffling. Whether the mother literally dumped her and left or whether mom was the victim of foul play no one has reported either of them missing? Very odd.

It is possible the parent or guardian locked her there for some reason - turning a trick or working or something s/he couldn't take her with them for, b/c the parent was alone in the city, and, later finding out the girl had been found, is too scared right now to come forward.

I don't know why but I have this terrible sinking feeling that something horrible has happened to this little girls mother ... I am sure LE has been looking for any missing children from anywhere in the US.

This baby is just beautiful, I hope they find her family, she keeps asking for her mama :(

Every time I see this thread atop the page I keep hoping it is to report good news.

impatientredhead. I have thought the same thing, however that might depend on the mother or caregivers work schedule. She may not be noticed missing until she misses a scheduled day for work or a scheduled appointment.

whyaduck, good question, but why a mens restroom? Why not at home with something to knock her out for a few hours, some cold medicine or something? ( ok, sorry to mention that but we all know that it happens ).

I wonder if LE has sent out this childs information to any public aid services in the area? I don't know what it is called in DE but perhaps this mother received services where someone might recognize the child. I mention this, because when that little dupage johnny doe age 3-5 was found I was amazed that no one at my sons daycare provider had even heard of the story. Neither have too many of the teachers or parents I have spoken with where my son attended KG or 1st, and these children are all about the same age as that still unidentified child.

does anyone know if automatic alerts go out to someplace like health and family services (HFS here in Illinois) or anything like that? It seems if not, it should.

Hoping someone realizes this precious child is missing soon.

Such an odd place to leave a child. I can't help but think something happened to the childs mother. Then I think, single bathroom, single stall if any stall...... why there? That is what I can't get past. It is not a likely place imo to abandon a child.

The abandonment in the restroom to me says "Male", and not because it was a men's restroom .. lol

Every time I see this thread atop the page I keep hoping it is to report good news.

impatientredhead. I have thought the same thing, however that might depend on the mother or caregivers work schedule. She may not be noticed missing until she misses a scheduled day for work or a scheduled appointment.

whyaduck, good question, but why a mens restroom? Why not at home with something to knock her out for a few hours, some cold medicine or something? ( ok, sorry to mention that but we all know that it happens ).

I wonder if LE has sent out this childs information to any public aid services in the area? I don't know what it is called in DE but perhaps this mother received services where someone might recognize the child. I mention this, because when that little dupage johnny doe age 3-5 was found I was amazed that no one at my sons daycare provider had even heard of the story. Neither have too many of the teachers or parents I have spoken with where my son attended KG or 1st, and these children are all about the same age as that still unidentified child.

does anyone know if automatic alerts go out to someplace like health and family services (HFS here in Illinois) or anything like that? It seems if not, it should.

Hoping someone realizes this precious child is missing soon.

Such an odd place to leave a child. I can't help but think something happened to the childs mother. Then I think, single bathroom, single stall if any stall...... why there? That is what I can't get past. It is not a likely place imo to abandon a child.

BBM

It could be as simple as someone was coming out of the men's room, so the parent didn't need a key - or the person knew how to get in there from doing this before.

And as to home, I wondered about that, but they could be be between homes - maybe new to the city - or possibly she (if it was the mother) didn't trust her boyfriend.

It's all purely speculation on my part, though. But I do know the desperation of not being able to afford childcare, and it is plausible to me that this was one very bad option seized by an extremely desperate person.

I will say that if Mom thinks she is safe with someone else (and you wouldn't necessarily ask to speak with a 2yo on the phone) then she may have no clue.

My DH can go days without listening to or watching the news. I text him any serious traffic updates during the day b/c he is listening to his iPod or satellite radio, and wouldn't know if the world was ending!

Ditto if Mom has been harmed but the family doesn't know she's missing yet. I'm very afraid for this mother.

I don't think the idea of bathroom-as-babysitter really works b/c how do you know no one's going to use it while you're gone? Either they'll report it or take her. Unless the guy who works there was supposed to be watching her for a friend or something...and thought he could just say it's out of order if he got asked for the key. That's still pretty risky.

Prayers for answers!

I think whoever left her there wanted her found, or didn't care if she was. It's way too public of a place to leave her with the intention of coming back for her later. Anybody would have guessed that someone would hear her. The little girl looks too well cared for to have simply been forgotten by a drugged up mommy. I don't recall seeing, but has any article mentioned whether there was food or toys in the bathroom? I'd bet quite a bit that this little sweetie was left here by someone other than mommy.

It breaks my heart that she keeps crying for her mommy and mommy never comes. Especially when I think of what terrible tragedy she might have witnessed. :(

I was thinking about this as I went to bed last night.
If she was found in the mens room I think that indicates a man left her at this location.

A woman I think for low visibility and just natural instinct would leave her in the women's room where she would be found by a woman most likely.

A man would need to ask for the mens room key (leaving her in the car for this portion, or going in as someone was coming out).

I have a very bad feeling for the mother who obviously hasn't been reported missing yet. The only thing I can figure out is that maybe this was a carjacking gone wrong, or an attack on the mother followed by a stolen car, and he didn't realize there was a toddler in the car?

They must have something on surveillance cameras.
There has to be something.......

I was hoping to log in and see that she had been identified. Poor baby must be so scared. I agree with everyone else that it was most likely a man that left her in the restroom.

ETA: I posted a message on FB with a link to the article and picture and asked people to keep passing it along, maybe someone will recognize her?

I wonder if any abandoned cars with toddler sized carseats were found this week?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back