GUILTY NJ - Patricia Belizaire, 24, murdered, North Brunswick, 21 Feb 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[bbm]

Was that myspace for this dwayne jackson or the other one originally mistakenly posted?

I didn't see it so I'm asking b/c I'm thoroughly confused at this point. To add to my confusion, the pictures posted here of Patricia don't resemble the pics I'm seeing in the papers alongside photos of Jackson. Looks like four different people to me.

I don't know what you mean. The only myspace I saw was for a dark skinned DJ. The one charged is lighter skinned. The pictures here of Patricia look like the same picture to me. just older pictures when her daughter was an infant.

hth

eta: this is the correct myspace I believe for the charged DJ
http://www.myspace.com/dj410wtf

LadyL I cant be certain but I think that is his myspace link.

Here's an update on Hannahs custody. Patricias father flew in from Florida and was asking reporters to take him where Hannah was staying, Patricias mother died in a car accident when she was 3 years of age. As of now Hannah will be staying with the foster family.
source http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20100303/NEWS/100303071

I'm glad Hannah's family has come forward. hopefully she will be able to be raised by one of her mom family. So very very sad for Patricia's father to lose his wife, and now his daughter.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20100303/NEWS/100303071

Next Page1| 2| 3| 4Previous PageNeighbors on Weldon Road in Edison say Dwayne Jackson is a typical suburban family man who spent time with his children and was always willing to help a friend.

Prosecutors say he is a killer who asphyxiated his mistress - the mother of his daughter - and dumped her burning body in a New York state park.

Patricia Belizaire, the woman Jackson is accused of killing, is remembered as a devout Christian and devoted mother.

But friends and neighbors say she made bad relationship decisions and ended up living in fear and moving from home to home.

(more at link)

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/arti...ans-absence-of-toddler-at-slain-mom-s-funeral

NEW BRUNSWICK — Family and friends of Patricia Belizaire's remembered her Thursday as someone who would give away her last dollar and as a doting mother who dreamed about her daughter's prom when the girl was just 1.

At a funeral service filled with their wrenching grief, they also expressed anger over the absence of Belizaire's 21-month-old daughter, Hannah. She remains for the time being with a foster family in Delaware, following a Family Court ruling on March 3.

(more at link)

From the above link MBLover posted:

Nichole Andrews, 35, of South Brunswick, a friend of Belizaire's, said the single mother and Dwayne Jackson were locked in a dispute over court-ordered child-support payments. A Middlesex County Family Court judge ordered Jackson to pay $200 a week and baby-sit the child while Belizaire went to work, Andrews said Belizaire told her.
Jackson sought to pay only $50 weekly, she said

So sad, another young mother killed because a father didn't want to pay child support. This isn't the first case we've had at WS where a mother was murdered by her childs father because he wanted to avoid child support.

I hope little Hannah is able to be with her moms family. I also see that a cousin of her mothers has filed for custody in the above linked article posted by MBLover.

Sadly, unless this father has his rights terminated he is still going to have to pay whomever is caring for little Hannah child support.

RIP Patricia, you won't be forgotten. I am sure your family will make sure little Hannah knows just how much you loved her.

I searched the thread - do we know if little Hannah is back with family?

Grandfather of abandoned girl seeks custody

NEWARK, Del. - March 25, 2010 (WPVI) -- The family of a little girl abandoned in Newark, Delaware, wants to take her home to Florida.

Some of Hannah's family members, including her grandfather, drove 19 hours from Florida to Delaware family court hoping to see Hannah, but they were turned away.

"I travelled over a thousand miles just to see my granddaughter," said Hannah's grandfather Ernest Belizaire.

"All we want to do is see her, make sure she actually is okay," said cousin Emmanuel Jean.

However, they did get some bittersweet news. They learned one of them can see Hannah on Friday.

Speaking exclusively to Actoin News, Hannah's grandfather says he came to the courthouse seeking custody, knowing distant New Jersey relatives that Patricia met through the internet several years ago want custody, too.

Hannah's court-appointed attorney, Nick Krayer, says the New Jersey relatives may have a claim to custody.

"Usually you would look at closer relatives first, but it depends on the relationship with the child. For instance, if the child had a better relationship with the sixth or seventh cousin, and never knew the grandfather, you may want to consider that person first," Krayer said.

So far, no relatives have been allowed to see Hannah, who remains at a Delaware foster home. It could take up to six months to decide who gets permanent custody of the child.
More at:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7351099

I'm not finding any new news. Anyone able to find anything on the trial?

tia

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. — A New Jersey man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for strangling his girlfriend, then abandoning their young daughter at a gas station in Delaware

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP8c9d8362dbc14bf8831f081625ed67bd.html

Only 30 years. :(

What a joke..... 30 years for someone who never gets to see and hold her daughter again...and for the rest of that poor child's life she will not have the pleasure of having her mother getting her ready for her 1st day of school...to attend her school functions...to help her get ready for the prom...to see her graduate...to be there when she gets married and has children of her own. How sad that someone's life is only worth 30 years...which I'm sure he won't even have to serve all of...

What a joke..... 30 years for someone who never gets to see and hold her daughter again...and for the rest of that poor child's life she will not have the pleasure of having her mother getting her ready for her 1st day of school...to attend her school functions...to help her get ready for the prom...to see her graduate...to be there when she gets married and has children of her own. How sad that someone's life is only worth 30 years...which I'm sure he won't even have to serve all of...

Well said 30 years is no Justice! :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back