GUILTY NJ - Patricia Belizaire, 24, murdered, North Brunswick, 21 Feb 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The story is on CNN now....good! Hopefully someone who knows her will see. I've been preoccupied with her all day. I cant imagine one of my kids being alone and scared for so long. That little face has really gotten to me. I hope someone who loves her will be there to hug her soon!

The little girl (it breaks my heart to see her sad little face every time I come here) might be able to help the police some. She's old enough to talk. Hopefully, she can tell them whether it was mommy or someone else that brought her there.

The little girl (it breaks my heart to see her sad little face every time I come here) might be able to help the police some. She's old enough to talk. Hopefully, she can tell them whether it was mommy or someone else that brought her there.

She is a beauty is she? I hope that they find her family, but not all 2 year olds can talk good enough to give any useful information.

She is a beauty is she? I hope that they find her family, but not all 2 year olds can talk good enough to give any useful information.

I agree. My son will be two this weekend, and he can't yet say his name or do much more than ask simple questions - and, of course, yell "no!" and "let go!" Girls are usually earlier talkers than boys, but she may also be a bit less than two - and also scared out of her wits.

Well, the light puffy jacket and the dark jeans should be easy to recognize on other store videos. Hopefully, they are checking the McDonald's across the street and any other fast food place or Wal-Mart etc. nearby to see if she may have been with someone at another place that day.
jmoo

The story is on CNN now....good! Hopefully someone who knows her will see. I've been preoccupied with her all day. I cant imagine one of my kids being alone and scared for so long. That little face has really gotten to me. I hope someone who loves her will be there to hug her soon!

thanks.....and I so agree.........this little one really grabs my heart , too.........
and I wish I could hug her ....and I hope she can feel all our hugs and prayers.......and that this will soon be resolved and she comes to be with someone who loves her, whomever that may turn out to be.

but I will say this; whatever her situation, she is more fortunate than Caylee

What an adorable child. LOL, of course aren't they all cuties at that age? I'm so happy she's safe.

Now for her mom? That scares me now.:(

JMHO
fran

I am concerned about how she got there myself, IMO I don't think that a mother would abandon her child there as a "safe haven". The mother would not know how long before someone would be asking for the key. I didn't hear if food or a sippy cup was left with her (if they said it I must of missed it) so if neither of those things or a comfort toy or blankie wasn't left with her it adds to my concerns.

I am worried about the childs gaurdian being a victem of a crime and they put the child there while they got far enough away. Maybe a carjacking or kidnapping? There must be someone out there that is missing that beautiful child and loves her very much, I hope that someone claims her quickly. Bless her heart.

My heart really hurts for her because usually when we read stories like this we dont ever see the child or if we do its a smiling picture but this picture shows the fear and sadness. I really hope she is identified asap. Poor little beautiful girl.

So the little girl was locked in a restroom at a gas station? I hope they washed her up really good. Yuck!

My little girl is two, and although she knows her name, I don't know if she would be able to tell anyone "My name is..." However, if she sees a picture of herself she'll point at it and say, "Iris!" Sometimes, too, if you hold her in front of a mirror and say, "Who's that" she answer her name (although sometimes she just says "baby"). I wonder if they've tried anything like this, at least to get an idea of a name for this little one.

I'm glad that, no matter how the little girl got there, she is safe and sound. Whenever something like this happens, I think how bad it could have been.

Just checking in to see if this baby girl had been "claimed" by anyone.
I hate typing that but I didn't know how else to say it. Sounds like I'm talking about an object. I'm not.
How could someone just leave a precious child locked in a bathroom.

Joe Smack with the state Division of Family Services says the 2-year-old is "chatty", but is so far just stringing together words a child her age would know

Audio of LE at the link says she says mommy, dolly, cracker.

If nobody comes forward, she'll be available for adoption in 10 months to a year. What an awful thought. I do hope they find out who her family is, and that one of them can take care of her. Poor little sweetheart.

http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=185414976392

I agree with the posters here.
She is well cared for. Her clothing matches. Someone put some thought
into how she looks. Her hair is combed.

Did mom put her in the bathroom to safeguard her from someone?
Is mom okay?

The service station attendant stated he did not give the key to anyone who had a child with them.
Is the bathroom just off to the side of the station as most are? Or around back?
Who did ask for the key in the hours prior to her being found?

Two year olds can talk and it seems once she is feeling more comfortable, she is saying more words. Of course, she can't give mommy's name or her address, hopefully, she will be able to say her own name soon.
I would think a child advocate is working with her on this.

ot: My kids could say their own name at 2 yrs old, but I don't know if anyone else but family would understand them.

I was hoping to check in and see that her family has found her!

There is something about the location she was found. I can't shake the feeling that someone harmed her caregiver whether that be her mom, an Auntie, grandma.... Maybe a single mom, and no one thinks it is unusual that no one has heard from mom? What comes to mind, sadly, is the biological father fighting with the mom, but not really wanting to be a full time daddy. Maybe the childs father did something to the mom and thought oh crap, what do I do now? If someone catches me with his kid when I do not have custody, they are going to put two and two together something happened to her mom and I am the culprit if this child is with me. So he panicks and leaves her in an outside of the building mens room.

Someone not familiar with the area would not know the restroom was outside.... or where to go without asking for a key or location first. While most of the service station restrooms have outside entrances not all do. I've been to some where the person has to walk through a part of the service area to gain access to a rest room.

I hope someone realizes they haven't heard from mom, or sees this child on the news. The fact that she is scared, tells me she is comfortable with her caregiver, and not relieved to be away from a bad situation.

just my gut on this one.......

and who ever brought up the idea of checking survellience in other nearby business's, excellent idea! I hope they are doing that!

I wonder if there are toll booths in the area with video they could check. Would take many hours to check them but they just might see her in a car.

They should send us the video! We'll check! :)

OMG that precious sad face! How can no one have realized who she is yet???

A neighbor, a relative, a friend...someone has to recognize this little pumpkin?

I am very fearful that something has happened to Mom as well. I don't think even a mom abandoning her baby would leave her in the MEN's room!!!

Poor sweet child. She looks so afraid you really do just wanna grab her up and hold her tight.

Stories like this remind me how important it is to teach my children our families full names, where we live and our phone number. I truly hope she knows something of where she comes from and when she feels safe can share that with LE or Family Services.

Bless her. I do hope no harm has come to anyone in her family.

I agree with the posters here.
She is well cared for. Her clothing matches. Someone put some thought
into how she looks. Her hair is combed.

Did mom put her in the bathroom to safeguard her from someone?
Is mom okay?

The service station attendant stated he did not give the key to anyone who had a child with them.
Is the bathroom just off to the side of the station as most are? Or around back?
Who did ask for the key in the hours prior to her being found?

Two year olds can talk and it seems once she is feeling more comfortable, she is saying more words. Of course, she can't give mommy's name or her address, hopefully, she will be able to say her own name soon.
I would think a child advocate is working with her on this.

ot: My kids could say their own name at 2 yrs old, but I don't know if anyone else but family would understand them.

My niece talks like an adult at two years old but she doesn't say her name. If you put her in front of a mirror and ask "who is that" she just says "That's me"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970
Back