Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as far as the suicide or not issue goes, I just want to say that depression and suicide don't always make sense. I don't know any of you, you all could very well suffer from depression as well. So I'm not trying to say I "know" better then anyone else. But I do suffer very much from depression and gave attempted suicide a few times in the past. Especially around Christmas. Depression and such can loom different in everyone. Its possible she just didn't outwardly show any indications. To me, it seems suicide is the most likely thing here. I don't want it to be. Of course I want her to turn up safe and sound. But I feel, personally, this is a tragic case of suicide.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

I agree, but she is only 19. Kids today are all about sm for every thought in their head. Something would have leaked out into it and we have seen nothing.

I agree, but she is only 19. Kids today are all about sm for every thought in their head. Something would have leaked out into it and we have seen nothing.
That's true. I am 17, and don't post that stuff on social media. But I also don't tend to go on social media much.

Probably 1145 last seen time until 245am car found time?
Thanks, that's what I was thinking too, just wanted further clarification if the phone was off at the time of the survellanve video? Also, from an article earlier on, I don't remember which one, it said the car was alerted to an officer by someone an hour earlier than towed around 245 am. So that meant the car was noticed at an earlier time. This "gap", technically we're still in the gap because she hasn't been located and we still don't know what happened. So did her phone have service after the car had been found?

So as far as the suicide or not issue goes, I just want to say that depression and suicide don't always make sense. I don't know any of you, you all could very well suffer from depression as well. So I'm not trying to say I "know" better then anyone else. But I do suffer very much from depression and gave attempted suicide a few times in the past. Especially around Christmas. Depression and such can loom different in everyone. Its possible she just didn't outwardly show any indications. To me, it seems suicide is the most likely thing here. I don't want it to be. Of course I want her to turn up safe and sound. But I feel, personally, this is a tragic case of suicide.

I'm sorry to hear about your depression and it's very courageous of you to post your thoughts. I don't believe the actions of any suicidal person can be predicted because they are not in a healthy state of mind at that time. That said, would someone purposely choose to jump at the most visible location where multiple vehicles and law enforcement routinely pass by? ...only that person would know.

I wonder if something happened in Florida that made her want to run away.

Well, I'm sure that LE has read all the texts her dad discusses that had with her in friday....

I wondered that too. Was there a reason why she came home before the rest of her family.. Work? School? Family disagreement? A date?

Well, I'm sure that LE has read all the texts her dad discusses that had with her in friday....
True but probably only from the Dad's phone. If foul play hasn't been ruled the police might not be able to get into her phone data for privacy rights.

You could be correct, I honestly don't know. I was going off of info saying that it could take a couple days to a week to surface (unless trapped underneath something). It doesn't appear that this was a very deep area either, which could have influenced by belief. JMO

The Shark River Inlet has a reported depth of 12 feet at mean low water, and is on a dredging maintenance schedule with the Army Corp of Engineers.
The charted depth at the floating docks at the Belmar Marina is 7 feet at mean mean low tide.
The "T" heads of the floating docks are 12 feet deep.

http://www.belmar.com/content.php?npid=58&pid=58&menu_id=22

I disagree about the body surfacing thing. I don't know what that body of water is like, but it can take weeks, months, or years for a body to resurface or be found. Robin Kerry was pushed into the Mississippi in 1991, and her body never resurfaced. Her sisters was found weeks later.

I agree and have seen cases where nobody would've ever suspected suicide because of one's ability to keep their depression neatly stored inside. Holidays are especially difficult, even when you don't have e history of depression. I lost both of my parents near the holidays and 3 (and 5) years later, I still struggle with their loss. Those closest to me have no idea, but they should. Sometimes it's just hard to convey. I just wanted to say that you are young and very articulate, I'm envious of the way you can relay your feelings. I don't know what your future plans are, but I would encourage you to pursue whatever brings you happiness (it could be in writing or counseling to others). IMO, it's a lot of heart and compassion that brings many of us to WS and you appear to have an abundance of both.

Someone had mentioned her dog earlier here, IIRC it's name was Buddy. I don't know if that would've been a reason for her to return home earlier. I think her SM showed her flying home. My little one doesn't fly well and I hate leaving her with friends any longer than I need to. I also thought about school, as she likely would've had to return right after the Thanksgiving break.

I wondered that too. Was there a reason why she came home before the rest of her family.. Work? School? Family disagreement? A date?

I've been checking for updates on MSM regarding the search earlier, but couldn't find anything. However, the Search for Sarah FB page does say that they didn't locate her today and it appears that they may still be searching. What an incredible outpouring of people to help find her. Are there any locals here that may know more?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1462757677075239/?active_tab=discussion

I agree and have seen cases where nobody would've ever suspected suicide because of one's ability to keep their depression neatly stored inside. Holidays are especially difficult, even when you don't have e history of depression. I lost both of my parents near the holidays and 3 (and 5) years later, I still struggle with their loss. Those closest to me have no idea, but they should. Sometimes it's just hard to convey. I just wanted to say that you are young and very articulate, I'm envious of the way you can relay your feelings. I don't know what your future plans are, but I would encourage you to pursue whatever brings you happiness (it could be in writing or counseling to others). IMO, it's a lot of heart and compassion that brings many of us to WS and you appear to have an abundance of both.
(((soanyway)))

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm curious about the time gap that's been mentioned in an article on the nj1015.com from today (embarrassingly I don't know how to post links, sorry) that states "There's a time gap in there that we don't know what happened or who she was with because either her phone was dead or turned off..." Does that mean that at some point her phone seemed to be working or on again? What is that time gap exactly?
Here ya go

There’s a time gap in there that we don’t know what happened or who she was with because her phone was either dead or turned off … It’s not like Sarah. She’s not that kind of kid. She keeps in contact with her.

http://nj1015.com/volunteers-search-for-missing-sarah-stern-along-the-jersey-shore/

Happy to help learn anytime :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I took part in the search today and it came up empty. I was in wooded and wet areas and didnt see anything useful, being a Belmar area local of about 18 years I know most of these neighborhoods pretty well, even more since I became a firefighter / EMT. The only thing worthwhile I found was a iphone wall charger cube and cable, but those could be anyones so I cant count them as hers.

I took part in the search today and it came up empty. I was in wooded and wet areas and didnt see anything useful, being a Belmar area local of about 18 years I know most of these neighborhoods pretty well, even more since I became a firefighter / EMT. The only thing worthwhile I found was a iphone wall charger cube and cable, but those could be anyones so I cant count them as hers.

Thank you for going and help search for Sarah.

Can't LE check for DNA or fingerprints on those items?

Did she use Tinder? Out of all the dating apps I use tinder is the only one that doesn't send me emails. You create an account using your Facebook account but only through the tinder app. I don't think you can find a trace of it in Facebook though. When you use the app it saves conversations, I wonder if tinder can be contacted. Also I wonder if, since tinder is not password protected, conversations can be deleted by a perpetrator. Also, you can unmatch which might make your profile disappear from the matched account [I'd have to verify but I think this is how it works.] - not sure if this is how it works after a conversation is started. I believe you can log in from another device so long as you have her Facebook information.

Did she use Tinder? Out of all the dating apps I use tinder is the only one that doesn't send me emails. You create an account using your Facebook account but only through the tinder app. I don't think you can find a trace of it in Facebook though. When you use the app it saves conversations, I wonder if tinder can be contacted. Also I wonder if, since tinder is not password protected, conversations can be deleted by a perpetrator. Also, you can unmatch which might make your profile disappear from the matched account [I'd have to verify but I think this is how it works.] - not sure if this is how it works after a conversation is started. I believe you can log in from another device so long as you have her Facebook information.

Everything is traceable with warrants. Even snapchat.
I have to look back when I get a chance, but, I remember a case involving Tinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL