Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she use Tinder? Out of all the dating apps I use tinder is the only one that doesn't send me emails. You create an account using your Facebook account but only through the tinder app. I don't think you can find a trace of it in Facebook though. When you use the app it saves conversations, I wonder if tinder can be contacted. Also I wonder if, since tinder is not password protected, conversations can be deleted by a perpetrator. Also, you can unmatch which might make your profile disappear from the matched account [I'd have to verify but I think this is how it works.] - not sure if this is how it works after a conversation is started. I believe you can log in from another device so long as you have her Facebook information.

:welcome3:​

UdorriUdorri, and thank you for joining and pitching in. You seem a natural sleuther. I look forward to your participation.

I took part in the search today and it came up empty. I was in wooded and wet areas and didnt see anything useful, being a Belmar area local of about 18 years I know most of these neighborhoods pretty well, even more since I became a firefighter / EMT. The only thing worthwhile I found was a iphone wall charger cube and cable, but those could be anyones so I cant count them as hers.

:Welcome1: Thank you IQueasy, for sharing your account of the search for Sarah Stern and for actually being part of the search. You're amazing to do any of it, to care and to take the time search for her. Great to know and to have you here.
Much obliged.

I wonder if she had a passport, or if any of her documents are missing?

Born & raised in Neptune City, very familiar with the area and the bridge where her car was found. In response to someone saying the jump is survivable. To clarify, this does not mean she would have survived if she had jumped. It is apx. an 80ft jump into very cold water at an outgoing tide. She could have been knocked unconscious, broken bones or swept out to sea (or all 3) etc. In my heart I hope she is just hiding somewhere safe. Unfortunately, probably not. As a long time ocean lifeguard in Monmouth County, there have been many drownings where the body is not found for weeks or months and up to 20 miles out to sea and 15 miles in the opposite direction of where the drowning occurred. The past two weeks have had very stormy seas and strong south swells. The area where she may have jumped flows out into the open ocean. If she did indeed jump it is possible she will never be found. There has not been as much searching activity because of the water temperatures and lack of light. In the summer, when most drownings occur, there are guards sweeping the ocean in human chains, coast guards diving and more hours of light.

I wish her family well and I truly pray and hope this girl is found safe. I don't wish this pain and unknowing on anyone.

I agree. I lifeguarded for a few years in monmouth county and while the drop is surviveable it doesnt mean she did.

I agree. I lifeguarded for a few years in monmouth county and while the drop is surviveable it doesnt mean she did.

Water temps would also be a contributing factor. And with every passing day, I am getting more and more nervous for her.

To any NJ local on here, if youre in or near the Neptune area and want to get together for a search for her let me know. Id be down to meet up and do some brain storming and sleuthing.

This is so frustrating for me - and I can't imagine how her friends and family feel. I feel like she either ran away or was taken, other possibilities are seeming less and less likely.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

You say "I" can't count them as hers. Sorry for the question but could you clarify if you turned them over to family or police and they were the ones that said they could be random? The father said on a News 12 video from the day of the search that its possible she lost her phone Friday afternoon. Pics from her IG account show her walking in wooded areas, was that your search area? She could've lost the phone with cable and charger attached.

I took part in the search today and it came up empty. I was in wooded and wet areas and didnt see anything useful, being a Belmar area local of about 18 years I know most of these neighborhoods pretty well, even more since I became a firefighter / EMT. The only thing worthwhile I found was a iphone wall charger cube and cable, but those could be anyones so I cant count them as hers.
Sorry, I meant to include this in my last post.

Per the FB page, Surveillance last showed her wearing blue or black jeans, red shirt or sweatshirt/hoodie and dark shoes.

Where was surveillance from?

Per the FB page, Surveillance last showed her wearing blue or black jeans, red shirt or sweatshirt/hoodie and dark shoes.

Where was surveillance from?
I have not looked at the FB page myself but I do believe I did read that the surveillance might've been from a neighbors camera, which would also show if she was with someone or under duress ect. There has been close to nothing elaborated on by the news so maybe family and LE know why. Just hope she is safe.

Sarah's thread was in my feed and I just finished reading and have some thoughts/questions:
-What is the significance of the county prosecutor's office being involved? Is this normal in a missing person's case?

-I find it odd that she would leave the door to her home unlocked. (A teenager staying at home alone?) I'm joining the north of 40 club next year and I can still hear my dearly departed mother lecturing me about locking the door. Maybe I'd chance it for a quick run to the store in the middle of the day but not at 11:45pm.

-Her ID in her pocket as part of her clothing description. (I hope my memory has it right that it was in her pocket - it was on her person I read that much.) Did Sarah carry a wallet or any type of bag? Where did she keep any money or debit/credit cards? Have those been located? I carry a small wristlet but leave it in the console and tuck my phone & ID in my back pocket for quick in & outs like picking my kids up from preschool.

Where is Sarah?

Broken camera? That's pretty convenient.

Last seen 3:45pm, does that mean she spent the whole day home on a Friday? Maybe she was getting ready to go out and didn't leave until late when she was caught on her neighbor's camera.

Broken camera? That's pretty convenient.

Last seen 3:45pm, does that mean she spent the whole day home on a Friday? Maybe she was getting ready to go out and didn't leave until late when she was caught on her neighbor's camera.
My first thought exactly about the broken camera but then I just chalked it up to bad luck and bad timing. Knowing Belmar and knowing that location, very surprised that was in a malfunctioned state. If I were to guess I would think there would've been more than one camera, its not a tiny bridge.

Sarah's thread was in my feed and I just finished reading and have some thoughts/questions:
-What is the significance of the county prosecutor's office being involved? Is this normal in a missing person's case?

-I find it odd that she would leave the door to her home unlocked. (A teenager staying at home alone?) I'm joining the north of 40 club next year and I can still hear my dearly departed mother lecturing me about locking the door. Maybe I'd chance it for a quick run to the store in the middle of the day but not at 11:45pm.

-Her ID in her pocket as part of her clothing description. (I hope my memory has it right that it was in her pocket - it was on her person I read that much.) Did Sarah carry a wallet or any type of bag? Where did she keep any money or debit/credit cards? Have those been located? I carry a small wristlet but leave it in the console and tuck my phone & ID in my back pocket for quick in & outs like picking my kids up from preschool.

Where is Sarah?
My first impression and/or question about the door being unlocked would be that somebody would have planned on going back there, possibly without keys. They were left in the car.

There is another Find Sarah page that has a fraction of the followers but has details not previously released.
-Physically last seen at 3:45pm
-Camera on bridge malfunctioning & no footage available.

https://www.facebook.com/SearchForSarah/posts/673238589511261

So I guess i assumed Sarah was seen at 11:45 pm by her Grandmother. Now I see she hadn't been physically seen since 3:45 pm. I see her father was out of town. Was her Grandmother out of town as well? Was Sarah staying home alone?

My first thought exactly about the broken camera but then I just chalked it up to bad luck and bad timing. Knowing Belmar and knowing that location, very surprised that was in a malfunctioned state. If I were to guess I would think there would've been more than one camera, its not a tiny bridge.

I think every other case I have followed has had broken cameras! Its infuriating.
I don't read into it, anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member