Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i search every morning for news, but there is none. Where is this beautiful woman?

If grandma wasn't in FL, then why wasnt she home in the early hours in the AM when the police came looking at home. How did grandma leave without her car? Someone would have had to pick grandma up. Did that person maybe let someone know that Sarah was home alone then? Also her dog, its a jack russell I see. My mom has three and they bark like crazy when someone comes to the house. Wonder if neighbors heard extra barking. I always lock the door to my house when I go out so that someone doesnt let the dog out. If she was leaving for good, like a runaway situation, would she have taken Buddy?

That bridge doesn't look very tall. Are there other bridges that might be more likely to attract a jumper nearby? So far it feels like foul play.

we have zero info re grandma, correct? Where she was, where she is now, what her relationship was like with Sarah. Not suggesting anything, just odd that so little has been shared. I hope grandma is ok.

What's frustrating is the very little details of the very little details given already. I assume there's reason for that, perhaps there might've been viable unconfirmed sightings from train conductors ect. Maybe the family already has that notion. Maybe she's left before and felt it was easier to leave with family away. Haven't read anything conclusive about work or school so maybe she didn't have any personal priorities of that nature tying her to home at this time. Whats interesting is who and where the last physical sighting was and that the physical sighting is congruent with the time of last communication. The neighbor cam info gave me the impression that those who saw it could see enough to believe that it was her, but that's just my take on it. Keep in mind, there is a train that leaves the strain station 7 minutes (11:52) after car seen leaving in the neighbor cam at 11:45. That's 7 minutes to drive about one and a half miles to where the car was parked and then another .2-.3 to the boarding area of the train. Maybe a friend arrived from out of town and that's when she turned her phone off and perhaps they left on a journey somewhere together. If something like that is the case, knowingly leaving the car in a place where most peoples first thought would be suicide due to the location, seems like an innocuous message that the person connected to the car (I'm assuming Sarah here due to the neighbor cam) wants a mystery, wants not to be found, ie, something along the lines of saying goodbye. That said, suicide as well as foul play could not be ruled out unless there was a definite sighting and proof of life. The intense water searches by so many great teams for at least a week after showed the diligence of LE as first priority was her safety. I'm fairly certain that has been called off now. Sadly within a few days after she went missing there were horrible storms and large swells that easily could've swept a body out to sea. From my own personal experience witnessing water searches, a body is usually found at some point, not sure of the exact statistics on that tho. As far as the Prosecutors Office being involved, I think that's normal for missing persons cases. If foul play, LE hasn't given out warnings of danger. If something happened around 345-350pm when her phone went down, would the perp come back hours later just to move the car? House unlocked, maybe Grandmother was coming home the next day or so and didn't carry car keys on her person so it was left open on purpose. As far as the dog, as a dog lover myself, that's a tough one but, the dog is most likely safer and cared for at home rather than accompanying Sarah if she left willingly. The only nefarious thought that came to mind regarding foul play is if she lost her phone or someone stole it, she did a find my phone search on her home computer where it located itself in or around the bridge. Went to find it, therefore parking in full view and bright lights to be safe. There is a road not far from where she parked that leads off the bridge and into the marina, but if her search for a lost phone (if that was the case) pinged anywhere near there, she could've driven to it. Sure LE could've checked that. So much speculation on my part, so many questions. What I've listed here is nothing other than my own opinion. Sorry for the long post. Just want to know, along with everyone else, that wherever she is, and for whatever reason she left, willingly or not, that she is safe.

This is from the family FB page. The last phone activity was not at 4 PM as previously stated.

Missing: Sarah Stern <modsnip> Can you private message me about who said that the last activity on her phone was at 4pm on Friday, that is not correct information. We are focusing on the facts on this page. We appreciate your concern and I want to inform you that all of these possibilities have been or are being investigated by the authorities.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/sarahsternismissing/posts/

I've not seen anything to indicate that SS was irresponsible, which is why a voluntary departure doesn't make sense to me. She had just spent the Thanksgiving holiday in FL with family. We don't know where the grandmother is, but it's possible that she is a snow bird and spends the winters in FL (very common for northerner retirees to escape the harsh winters for somewhere more pleasant). I can't see SS leaving the door unlocked or leaving her grandmother's car abandoned in a busy area with the keys in it. I don't know what crime is like there and I am old, but the thought of leaving anything unlocked these days is very foreign to me. The car was spotted on the bridge a half hour after she was seen leaving the house. SS could've easily taken an Uber to the train station or another destination and remained under the radar for a longer period of time. If she wanted to jump, she could've gotten a ride to somewhere closer to the bridge. I don't think it's been stated whether the dog was at the home that night. But unless it was with a friend, I can't see SS not making arrangements for it to be fed/taken out, especially with family still out of town. All JMO

What's frustrating is the very little details of the very little details given already. I assume there's reason for that, perhaps there might've been viable unconfirmed sightings from train conductors ect. Maybe the family already has that notion. Maybe she's left before and felt it was easier to leave with family away. Haven't read anything conclusive about work or school so maybe she didn't have any personal priorities of that nature tying her to home at this time. Whats interesting is who and where the last physical sighting was and that the physical sighting is congruent with the time of last communication. The neighbor cam info gave me the impression that those who saw it could see enough to believe that it was her, but that's just my take on it. Keep in mind, there is a train that leaves the strain station 7 minutes (11:52) after car seen leaving in the neighbor cam at 11:45. That's 7 minutes to drive about one and a half miles to where the car was parked and then another .2-.3 to the boarding area of the train. Maybe a friend arrived from out of town and that's when she turned her phone off and perhaps they left on a journey somewhere together. If something like that is the case, knowingly leaving the car in a place where most peoples first thought would be suicide due to the location, seems like an innocuous message that the person connected to the car (I'm assuming Sarah here due to the neighbor cam) wants a mystery, wants not to be found, ie, something along the lines of saying goodbye. That said, suicide as well as foul play could not be ruled out unless there was a definite sighting and proof of life. The intense water searches by so many great teams for at least a week after showed the diligence of LE as first priority was her safety. I'm fairly certain that has been called off now. Sadly within a few days after she went missing there were horrible storms and large swells that easily could've swept a body out to sea. From my own personal experience witnessing water searches, a body is usually found at some point, not sure of the exact statistics on that tho. As far as the Prosecutors Office being involved, I think that's normal for missing persons cases. If foul play, LE hasn't given out warnings of danger. If something happened around 345-350pm when her phone went down, would the perp come back hours later just to move the car? House unlocked, maybe Grandmother was coming home the next day or so and didn't carry car keys on her person so it was left open on purpose. As far as the dog, as a dog lover myself, that's a tough one but, the dog is most likely safer and cared for at home rather than accompanying Sarah if she left willingly. The only nefarious thought that came to mind regarding foul play is if she lost her phone or someone stole it, she did a find my phone search on her home computer where it located itself in or around the bridge. Went to find it, therefore parking in full view and bright lights to be safe. There is a road not far from where she parked that leads off the bridge and into the marina, but if her search for a lost phone (if that was the case) pinged anywhere near there, she could've driven to it. Sure LE could've checked that. So much speculation on my part, so many questions. What I've listed here is nothing other than my own opinion. Sorry for the long post. Just want to know, along with everyone else, that wherever she is, and for whatever reason she left, willingly or not, that she is safe.

I'd say bridge is a staging before I would say suicide

I don't know... Just being gay in a straight world puts her at a higher suicide risk than the general population, plus losing your mother to cancer is obviously very traumatic, and the holidays coming up would have made the pain even deeper...

It troubles me that the last known physical sighting of Sarah was in the afternoon (3:45 PM) which was around the time her phone last pinged. Her car was seen on the neighbor's surveillance camera leaving the house at 11:45 PM. No phone contact for 7 hours? Very unusual for a young teen, IMO. We don't know that it was even Sarah driving the car away from the home. Could something have happened to Sarah earlier? Somebody could have taken the car to the bridge as a method of staging to make it appear Sarah jumped from the bridge.

I agree. Not being seen or using her phone for so many hours? It makes me wonder if someone was with her at the house. I don't even want to go there, but if something bad happened perhaps whoever MAY have been in her home waited until 11:45 to leave the house hoping there would be less possible witnesses. Where are you Sarah!!!

I've not seen anything to indicate that SS was irresponsible, which is why a voluntary departure doesn't make sense to me. I can't see SS leaving the door unlocked or leaving her grandmother's car abandoned in a busy area with the keys in it. I don't know what crime is like there and I am old, but the thought of leaving anything unlocked these days is very foreign to me. The car was spotted on the bridge a half hour after she was seen leaving the house. SS could've easily taken an Uber to the train station or another destination and remained under the radar for a longer period of time. If she wanted to jump, she could've gotten a ride to somewhere closer to the bridge.

Being responsible isn't always a factor with suicide. A mental break is a mental break. She may have not been thinking when she left the keys in the car. Or maybe she had some reason we don't know, like maybe there is only one set of keys and she didn't want her grandma to be without a car when she returned. In hindsight it may not make much sense, but at the time, especially if she was suicidal or having some kind of break, it would have made sense. Why get a ride when you can drive and its so much simpler? You don't have to involve anyone else. The more people you encounter, the more time you leave, the more likely you are to talk yourself out of it. Maybe she was indecisive. Maybe she chose that bridge as apposed to a taller one because she didn't really want to die. All just speculation of course.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

I don't know... Just being gay in a straight world puts her at a higher suicide risk than the general population, plus losing your mother to cancer is obviously very traumatic, and the holidays coming up would have made the pain even deeper...

Very true.

I agree with many of your points, but I also think that suffering the loss of a loved one (in this case, SS's mother) can bring a family closer. She appears to have been in contact with her dad and was living with family. I just can't see her intentionally causing her family the added stress of not knowing where she is or if she is safe. JMO

All valid points, and for all we know, SS could have even left a letter behind either in the car or at the residence. I pray that's not the case and she is still with us. But I hope that if she did make this decision, there was some correspondence left for her family. As a mom of a daughter just a little younger than SS, I don't think I could handle the "not knowing" and not having some type of closure. JMO

Being responsible isn't always a factor with suicide. A mental break is a mental break. She may have not been thinking when she left the keys in the car. Or maybe she had some reason we don't know, like maybe there is only one set of keys and she didn't want her grandma to be without a car when she returned. In hindsight it may not make much sense, but at the time, especially if she was suicidal or having some kind of break, it would have made sense. Why get a ride when you can drive and its so much simpler? You don't have to involve anyone else. The more people you encounter, the more time you leave, the more likely you are to talk yourself out of it. Maybe she was indecisive. Maybe she chose that bridge as apposed to a taller one because she didn't really want to die. All just speculation of course.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

I've not seen anything to indicate that SS was irresponsible, which is why a voluntary departure doesn't make sense to me. She had just spent the Thanksgiving holiday in FL with family. We don't know where the grandmother is, but it's possible that she is a snow bird and spends the winters in FL (very common for northerner retirees to escape the harsh winters for somewhere more pleasant). I can't see SS leaving the door unlocked or leaving her grandmother's car abandoned in a busy area with the keys in it. I don't know what crime is like there and I am old, but the thought of leaving anything unlocked these days is very foreign to me. The car was spotted on the bridge a half hour after she was seen leaving the house. SS could've easily taken an Uber to the train station or another destination and remained under the radar for a longer period of time. If she wanted to jump, she could've gotten a ride to somewhere closer to the bridge. I don't think it's been stated whether the dog was at the home that night. But unless it was with a friend, I can't see SS not making arrangements for it to be fed/taken out, especially with family still out of town. All JMO

According to information posted by the admin on the Find Sarah page, the train station cameras have been checked and she was not spotted there.

In addition, I have stayed in contact with some of her family and they are updating me whenever they can. I really hope she's okay, Sarah is one of the sweetest people I have ever met, and this really does not seem like her at all to me. Trying to stay strictly optimistic, though! <3
If anyone happens to come across anything, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will check it out and help to spread it. Anything could make a difference!

This is from the family FB page. The last phone activity was not at 4 PM as previously stated.

Missing: Sarah Stern <modsnip> Can you private message me about who said that the last activity on her phone was at 4pm on Friday, that is not correct information. We are focusing on the facts on this page. We appreciate your concern and I want to inform you that all of these possibilities have been or are being investigated by the authorities.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/sarahsternismissing/posts/

The last pinged info is still on the site and I can't find this comment - I'm wondering if it was confirmed.

Where are you, Sarah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member