DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, my friend Paul passed~~~

He coined the phrase; Sister Fierce

RIP Paul.

<modsnip> I read somewhere that she has visited with Michael Stern since the arrests and I can see her doing that. I mean, they shared a carpool. She probably was making food for them when Sarah's mother was sick. She is grieving and has to be absolutely undone that her flesh and blood could do this to someone. And I am sure the Taylors didn't know anything either. Liam and Preston were not living with their parents when this happened and I don't know how often they saw them in Nov/Dec/Jan, since they had just struck out in to apartment living, as roommates, and were probably loving the independence, especially when trying to hide something as horrific as this.
I completely concur that Mr Taylor did not do himself any favors in court and he would have been better served to just let Preston stay there and not even lobby for his release; testifying for his release, in front of cameras and spectators was a big mistake. But it was a very vulnerable a time for a parent. High pressure situation. Looking straight across at your son who you just cannot believe could possibly have done this and only seeing him as a victim and not complicit. The attorney should never have asked for his release. He seems very weak to me. I know he is defending Preston, but his dog and pony show did not turn out well, with Preston's supporters and father speaking. BAD IDEA. They came across as total enablers, doing his laundry for him and packing his clothes and setting up his room for him. . . when he is charged with what he is charged with and has supposedly confessed. But we really don't know anything about them. And we don't know what strings Preston pulled with them when telling them what had happened, once he was arrested. He is, I am sure, very manipulative and not who they thought he was, to have been able to do what he has done. I am sure their heads are spinning. He probably played the victim card big time, telling them that Liam pressured him, etc and as his parents they buy what he is saying and are sleep-deprived and dealing with the media and yadayadayada. I hope his Mom does not lose her job, as she is probably the breadwinner. I would not want to be punished professionally for experiencing the absolute worst thing that could happen...worse than losing your own child would be to learn that your child was a murderer or capable of doing what Preston is alleged to have done. If they obstructed justice, that will come out and they will be punished, but my understanding is that the Neptune City police told them they could clean out Preston's house (surprising, but I have seen that in several articles...has anyone else?) and I am sure they are in shock and operating on fumes and didn't think through how that would look to others. To them it was like cleaning out his dorm room to bring him home from school, I guess. Skewed perception, but that is probably where they were, mentally. Unless something is revealed that I don't know now, it looks like these two guys were on their own with this and their parents and siblings are left to live the rest of their lives with this misery, guilt, betrayal, sadness and at great expense in every way...physically, psychologically, mentally, emotionally, financially. There is so much more to know here. It gets more troubling every day. Really appreciate everyone's input.

<modsnip>I read somewhere that she has visited with Michael Stern since the arrests and I can see her doing that. I mean, they shared a carpool. She probably was making food for them when Sarah's mother was sick. She is grieving and has to be absolutely undone that her flesh and blood could do this to someone. And I am sure the Taylors didn't know anything either. Liam and Preston were not living with their parents when this happened and I don't know how often they saw them in Nov/Dec/Jan, since they had just struck out in to apartment living, as roommates, and were probably loving the independence, especially when trying to hide something as horrific as this.
I completely concur that Mr Taylor did not do himself any favors in court and he would have been better served to just let Preston stay there and not even lobby for his release; testifying for his release, in front of cameras and spectators was a big mistake. But it was a very vulnerable a time for a parent. High pressure situation. Looking straight across at your son who you just cannot believe could possibly have done this and only seeing him as a victim and not complicit. The attorney should never have asked for his release. He seems very weak to me. I know he is defending Preston, but his dog and pony show did not turn out well, with Preston's supporters and father speaking. BAD IDEA. They came across as total enablers, doing his laundry for him and packing his clothes and setting up his room for him. . . when he is charged with what he is charged with and has supposedly confessed. But we really don't know anything about them. And we don't know what strings Preston pulled with them when telling them what had happened, once he was arrested. He is, I am sure, very manipulative and not who they thought he was, to have been able to do what he has done. I am sure their heads are spinning. He probably played the victim card big time, telling them that Liam pressured him, etc and as his parents they buy what he is saying and are sleep-deprived and dealing with the media and yadayadayada. I hope his Mom does not lose her job, as she is probably the breadwinner. I would not want to be punished professionally for experiencing the absolute worst thing that could happen...worse than losing your own child would be to learn that your child was a murderer or capable of doing what Preston is alleged to have done. If they obstructed justice, that will come out and they will be punished, but my understanding is that the Neptune City police told them they could clean out Preston's house (surprising, but I have seen that in several articles...has anyone else?) and I am sure they are in shock and operating on fumes and didn't think through how that would look to others. To them it was like cleaning out his dorm room to bring him home from school, I guess. Skewed perception, but that is probably where they were, mentally. Unless something is revealed that I don't know now, it looks like these two guys were on their own with this and their parents and siblings are left to live the rest of their lives with this misery, guilt, betrayal, sadness and at great expense in every way...physically, psychologically, mentally, emotionally, financially. There is so much more to know here. It gets more troubling every day. Really appreciate everyone's input.

Agree on all of this.

I think the judge was right to keep him in prison, but saying he was disturbed the parents washed his clothes is just wrong. If they threw out the clothes he wore, I guess I would find that disturbing, but just washing them? How were they supposed to know the police had not finished collecting evidence?

Yeah, I got the impression that the judge was reacting to what he felt was their enabling behavior toward someone who has confessed to these types of crimes ....that they were doing his laundry for him and setting his room up like it used to be. Sounded terrible and like they were deferential to their son and trying to make him comfortable....and then when the pot was brought up....just a terrible thing for the defense to do, putting him on the stand. Let Preston just sit in jail. I am sure he is much safer there than he would be in Neptune City right now, let's face it. It's just wrong to even request his release in this situation. If it's true he led them to the two places where things were buried, then he confessed and there should be no room for a release.
Agree on all of this.

I think the judge was right to keep him in prison, but saying he was disturbed the parents washed his clothes is just wrong. If they threw out the clothes he wore, I guess I would find that disturbing, but just washing them? How were they supposed to know the police had not finished collecting evidence?

Piggy- backing off of the previous comments, I think it's important to remember the killers family's are victims too. I've seen a couple rude comments about the family's lately, and it's saddening. They are not killers, they are victims just like Sarah's family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I agree. There was a video also posting about the various ways to kill someone. Just sick. But I think these 2 methodically planned out the details and her vehicle was part of their staging process. They may have even taken the safes to make it look like a robbery, there was plenty of time to search her room for the keys and only take the money. The more I think about how this was another game or enactment for a video, the more disgusted I get. They took a beautiful, precious soul and for what??? Money? I think it was far more sinister than that. JMO

I don't believe for an instant they threw her off the bridge or even transported her in that car. I think they dumped her far away using one of their own cars. Just a feeling...

I agree and I apologize if it was stated somewhere exactly when PT moved back home and his parents arranged his room, washing his clothes. But I got the impression that it was before he was charged with anything and there's nothing to indicate they were attempting to conceal anything (or I agree, clothes would've been destroyed, not washed). When my daughter comes home from college for the weekend, the first thing I do is start her laundry. She's capable of doing it, but just something I like to do for her. His father was willing to quit his job and stay with him 24/7, probably something I would offer as well. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe he needs to be locked away for good. I just can't criticize the parents for wanting a little more time with their child before he is sent away. Again, he absolutely DOES NOT deserve to be out, just can't imagine how I could react as a parent. There has been some parental bashing here, as though they should've known what he was up to or was trying to cover it up for him. He is an adult and is the one who should be held accountable for HIS actions. JMO

<modsnip>I read somewhere that she has visited with Michael Stern since the arrests and I can see her doing that. I mean, they shared a carpool. She probably was making food for them when Sarah's mother was sick. She is grieving and has to be absolutely undone that her flesh and blood could do this to someone. And I am sure the Taylors didn't know anything either. Liam and Preston were not living with their parents when this happened and I don't know how often they saw them in Nov/Dec/Jan, since they had just struck out in to apartment living, as roommates, and were probably loving the independence, especially when trying to hide something as horrific as this.

I agree. There was a video also posting about the various ways to kill someone. Just sick. But I think these 2 methodically planned out the details and her vehicle was part of their staging process. They may have even taken the safes to make it look like a robbery, there was plenty of time to search her room for the keys and only take the money. The more I think about how this was another game or enactment for a video, the more disgusting I get. They took a beautiful, precious soul and for what??? Money? I think it was far more sinister than that. JMO

I am not sure where the put her body. I would think they have looked in both cars for evidence of cadaver, dirt, shovels, etc. LE was not sure where she was in the beginning so as soon as they got onto to these two I would think they were looking for clues. I tend to think she is in the water. Do we know tides from that night?

I agree that it feels like there is something more to this. The way they handled her after her death was pretty violent-- throwing her over a fence, tossing her over a bridge. To boot, it wasn't a lot of money for the risk of getting caught. With LE being very quiet, it makes it hard to theorize what it was. I think the reason was X with an anger toward her that we don't know about yet.

I think they have a better chance of getting information with both of these monsters in jail as I think they won't be able to hack it.

As for the families of the monsters, I would imagine that they are reeling from all of this in ways that are unfathomable. Their kids went to school and prom with Sarah. It is documented that their monsters went on searches for her. They deceived all who knew them about who they were, but especially their families. I don't think their parents have been perfect. The act of cleaning out your child's apartment as they are arrested in a local murder must be the worst feeling ever--- looking through the artifacts of your child's life, seeing things that they were doing or involved in, trying to understand them. As a mom, I might have cleaned the clothes and folded them in preparation because I didn't want to believe my child could do such a thing. It is so sad for the parents to have to feel like a pariah even though they have done nothing.

Wait a minute. One of their videos discusses various ways to kill someone???? I just can't watch their videos. It's just me. I will have nightmares.
I agree. There was a video also posting about the various ways to kill someone. Just sick. But I think these 2 methodically planned out the details and her vehicle was part of their staging process. They may have even taken the safes to make it look like a robbery, there was plenty of time to search her room for the keys and only take the money. The more I think about how this was another game or enactment for a video, the more disgusted I get. They took a beautiful, precious soul and for what??? Money? I think it was far more sinister than that. JMO

I believe from watching the detention hearing that it was definitely after Preston was incarcerated on this charge and the arrests were announced, that the parents went to move his things out of the apartment that he and Liam had been renting. I totally get that, as I suspect the landlord wanted their things out AND they cannot afford to pay rent on an empty, unused apt. They were clearly in a total, heartbreaking fog when doing all of this, so I don't think they had ANY nefarious intent at all. And Preston's attorney has reported that they asked before cleaning out his apt and moving his possessions and the Neptune City police said it was OK. I think that the judge had a very hard time as the way it was described sounded like they were coddling him. I am not saying they were; I think what they were doing was pragmatic, in their situation. I just go back to the fact that I think they received very poor advice from his attorney and it would have been better to just let him stay in jail. Unsafe for him to be out of there, IMO. And out of respect for Sarah and her father, sort of like pouring salt in a wound. At that point it seemed he had confessed?
I agree and I apologize if it was stated somewhere exactly when PT moved back home and his parents arranged his room, washing his clothes. But I got the impression that it was before he was charged with anything and there's nothing to indicate they were attempting to conceal anything (or I agree, clothes would've been destroyed, not washed). When my daughter comes home from college for the weekend, the first thing I do is start her laundry. She's capable of doing it, but just something I like to do for her. His father was willing to quit his job and stay with him 24/7, probably something I would offer as well. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe he needs to be locked away for good. I just can't criticize the parents for wanting a little more time with their child before he is sent away. Again, he absolutely DOES NOT deserve to be out, just can't imagine how I could react as a parent. There has been some parental bashing here, as though they should've known what he was up to or was trying to cover it up for him. He is an adult and is the one who should be held accountable for HIS actions. JMO

In response to those who don't think Sarah's body was dumped off the 35 bridge, I'd like your thoughts on this. Assuming that PT will get a plea deal or lesser sentence for his truthful story, why would he go so far as to admit to knowing the murder plot for 6 months, then helping move the body, etc.? He was truthful in leading LE to where the safes were buried, so why would he lie about dumping her body into the water? He's already admitted guilt and his confessions up until this point already rule out reasonable doubt and would get a guilty conviction from a jury.

Also, there are rumors that they may dredge the lagoon (listed as Belmar Basin on a map) in Inlet Terrace. Search helicopters were hovering over it on Sunday.

In response to those who don't think Sarah's body was dumped off the 35 bridge, I'd like your thoughts on this. Assuming that PT will get a plea deal or lesser sentence for his truthful story, why would he go so far as to admit to knowing the murder plot for 6 months, then helping move the body, etc.? He was truthful in leading LE to where the safes were buried, so why would he lie about dumping her body into the water? He's already admitted guilt and his confessions up until this point already rule out reasonable doubt and would get a guilty conviction from a jury.

Also, there are rumors that they may dredge the lagoon (listed as Belmar Basin on a map) in Inlet Terrace. Search helicopters were hovering over it on Sunday.

The only reason I can think of, for them lying about where her body can be found, is if they do not want it found. Maybe she did not die in the way they described? Maybe it was more gruesome and violent than described?

The only reason I can think of, for them lying about where her body can be found, is if they do not want it found. Maybe she did not die in the way they described? Maybe it was more gruesome and violent than described?

Anything is possible IMO.

Same. Not saying that there's no chance that they threw her off the bridge. (But that bridge is pretty busy, and there are always people around, even in the middle of the night.) It just seems fairly impossible to do and not be seen. There are other place around that they could throw her and she might not be found at all.

It's hard to know what is going on with them. I can't figure out why on Earth they would have had her clothes in one of the boxes or places they dug up. I know serial killers often keep trinkets or treasures of their victims and they go back and look at them. But, think about it. They claim that Preston violently tossed her under a tree and then threw her over a fence, then they placed her in the front seat of her car (which I do not believe). They did all of this to her without her clothes on?!?!?! If true, when did they take these clothes off of her that they put in this hiding place....and why?
If they really threw her off of the bridge and didn't want clothes to be on her in case she was found (due to DNA evidence), wouldn't they have been a bit more worried about carrying her BODY in the front seat of the car, with evidence galore left behind?
I have also wondered why Preston would give most of the story up but then stop at telling the total truth about what they did with Sarah's body. What makes the most sense to me is that there was some type of sexual assault before or after she was dead and it is just over the top humiliating to admit that they did that to her. But, these guys really don't have collective consciences, so that doesn't even make sense. Anyone who would treat her body so roughly and disrespectfully after she was dead would basically be capable of doing anything to her. Sorry I always write so much. So many questions and I just get on a roll and it's stream of consciousness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member