Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the wording about that has really bothered me. At first I thought maybe after he subdued her somehow, he hung her so it would look like a suicide at home. I hate to even suggest that and I know it's not what was on the recording but how else could you watch someone die for 30 minutes after you strangle them? Sick.

Bag over her head maybe?

Pls. Some questions (might be more for those in the area/familiar with actors) about known/unknown public info that I keep rethinking. Thanks

SS:
Last physically seen Friday afternoon, does anyone recall by whom and where? A neighbor? At her house or near, like just outside?

Would she leave her dog and house unattended (unlocked) knowing her family was away and commit suicide?
Seems very unlikely. Unless she asked a neighbor to help with her dog?

The safes. Which safe had what contents in which location? Was her phone in a safe? Which means that LM and PT could open them before potentially stealing and burying.

Was she actively spending time with LM and PT still since graduating high school and moving on? Did they still hang out? Or just old high school pals?

Witness:
Did this person go to police first and then record LM?

Seems like from what papers and prosecutor said it's that way, or why else would LM swear to protect him?

What was suspicious about LM and PT that made this witness go to police in the first place?

Where all the neighbor hood friends/ fb friends questioned on DEC 07th or just LM and PT?

Is this witness a drug dealer?

PT & LM:
Does PT have an alibi for Friday dec 2nd? From 430pm onward?
No attorneys have said.
(We know LM was at work 5-1030)

Did PT physically take LE to safes?
Did PT take them to SS house and walk through his actions?

LM quit his job a couple of days later after SS is missing. Did he have another in place, go to work elsewhere?

Did LM talk about PT and bringing PT into the picture that night on the recording witness turned in, or does LM only describe SS's death?

Only asking given Moriatry's claim of confessions being scripted.

Trying to figure out how/why PT would confess all so soon. In other words, how does it not become a "he said" blame game between the two? As far as the papers write, LM maintains innocence.

Does anyone else believe Mr Stern was told early on about the potential suspects? With robbery etc of household items.

Thank you. I know many of you knew SS and family well, my deepest sympathies for Mr Stern.

I do not know if I could go on living with all the Mr Stern must try and live with now. Heartbreaking for young wonderful Sarah. What a beautiful soul that we lost given all the many losers among us. Justice for SS and peace for her family and friends.

I just thought about the Pine Barrens. If they went to the trouble of burying those safes miles apart, what if they continued burying more evidence throughout NJ. Let's say they dropped the car off at the bridge and continue driving south with her body. Perfect place to hide a body. Unfortunately, it's huge.

I am going to guess her body is close by --- knowing how that area, and all of NJ, has a much higher proportion of LE than many states. This is one of the reasons NJ has the highest property taxes in the country. Because every town, even if it is only one square mile as are some, has its own police dept. Go out onto the Garden State Parkway (to get to the Pine barrens) and it's loaded with State Troopers. My beach town had 2500 families and 15 LE. And if you're driving around at 1, 2 or 3 in the morning at the jersey shore, you have a good chance of being pulled over...just because.

Point being a NJ resident murderer would not take the chance of driving around for any significant time or distance with a dead body in their car knowing the volume of LE everywhere. IMO.

Ps. I love NJ LE. My post is factual, but not judgmental. Most towns also have their own elementary schools, fire depart, post office, library, etc.

The answer is SS would not commit suicide. Super happy go lucky girl. Planned to go see friends in Canada soon.

Before we go too far down this road, I kindly and lovingly suggest we keep the focus on Sarah's case here. We all want justice for this lovely young woman.

Yes, please, let's keep the focus on Sarah and the upcoming trial.

Thanks for all the updates from locals with local news stories and such - it's appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are so right. I live in a 2.5 square mile town. Population less than 5k. We have our own police department and I sometimes see 2-3 people pulled over on my way to Manasquan. I don't buy AT ALL that they took Sarah to the bridge. Young guys (in my humble opinion) are real targets for being pulled over, period, and at that hour of the night....they would practically be asking for it. They aren't yet 21, there are often random roadblocks set up. I just refuse to believe they went to that bridge with her in the car! Preston already had a possession charge from Wall, so he'd already been through an un-fun traffic stop. The towns here are staffed heavily with LE. And traffic stops result in a huge amount of revenue for our towns. It's well-known.
I am going to guess her body is close by --- knowing how that area, and all of NJ, has a much higher proportion of LE than many states. This is one of the reasons NJ has the highest property taxes in the country. Because every town, even if it is only one square mile as are some, has its own police dept. Go out onto the Garden State Parkway (to get to the Pine barrens) and it's loaded with State Troopers. My beach town had 2500 families and 15 LE. And if you're driving around at 1, 2 or 3 in the morning at the jersey shore, you have a good chance of being pulled over...just because.

Point being a NJ resident murderer would not take the chance of driving around for any significant time or distance with a dead body in their car knowing the volume of LE everywhere. IMO.

Ps. I love NJ LE. My post is factual, but not judgmental. Most towns also have their own elementary schools, fire depart, post office, library, etc.

"[FONT=&quot]Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Meghan Doyle argued that if Taylor is released, he poses a threat to a witness who worked with authorities. The witness secretly recorded a conversation as McAtasney talked about Stern's death, Doyle has said.[/FONT]In the recording, McAtasney told the witness that he would do everything possible to keep Taylor from finding out that the witness had gone to police because Taylor would be upset if he found out, Bauman said at last week's detention hearing."
So in the recording that was secretly recorded by the witness, is Liam stating to the witness that IF he goes to the police about his confession, Preston will want revenge? Is he saying that because this is the first person Liam's confessed to and he's just trying to insure this guy says nothing?
Because the way this sentence is written it sounds like Liam knows that the witness had already gone to the police. Why would he give a confession if he knew he was being recorded?
I am overtired, I think. Anyone else find the way it's written confusing?

Point taken. Belmar is all of about 1.6 miles, we have a great LE with a heavy presence especially in season with tourists and bars. I agree, I love NJ LE and I've even commonly seen officers (in full uniform, bless their souls) walking patrol ON the beach during the summer.

I respectfully disagree on the other part though. Unless it's a road block/traffic stop, officers are not going to pull over a car for no reason. Doubtful their first thought is going to be, hmm is there a dead body in there? If LM and TP dropped the car at the bridge which could've taken literally no more than 10-20 seconds for one kid to pull it over and then jump into the other car with Sarah and the other in it, they could get to the pkwy in no time, probably even passing LE because they usually park along 35 in the dark. Not so much on 138 and the pkwy though. And as far as the Pine Barrens go, it's like another country in there once you get in there. As teens my boyfriend and his friends would go 4 wheeling throughout the Pines and believe me, there wasn't another person in sight for miles, let alone LE.

Just thinking along the lines of what the murders have done already, it just seems like they would've included in their 6 months planning, a place to bury her far off the radar imo. Case in point, the body of Joseph Comunale who was murdered in Manhattan and found in a shallow grave behind a florist in Oceanport NJ. Hopefully if they did jump on the pkwy and had an EZ Pass there might be a record but even if they took back roads, as long as they didn't have a tail or break light out and obeyed the speed limit none would be the wiser. This whole crime has been one heck of a brazen act, I don't think driving with her in the car would've phased these two at all.

"[FONT=&amp]Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Meghan Doyle argued that if Taylor is released, he poses a threat to a witness who worked with authorities. The witness secretly recorded a conversation as McAtasney talked about Stern's death, Doyle has said.[/FONT]In the recording, McAtasney told the witness that he would do everything possible to keep Taylor from finding out that the witness had gone to police because Taylor would be upset if he found out, Bauman said at last week's detention hearing."
So in the recording that was secretly recorded by the witness, is Liam stating to the witness that IF he goes to the police about his confession, Preston will want revenge? Is he saying that because this is the first person Liam's confessed to and he's just trying to insure this guy says nothing?
Because the way this sentence is written it sounds like Liam knows that the witness had already gone to the police. Why would he give a confession if he knew he was being recorded?
I am overtired, I think. Anyone else find the way it's written confusing?
Thats a really good point. I had to read it like 5 times and it's still confusing. Written that way it totally does seem like LM knew. Maybe he was trying to scare the witness?

Okay. I've read all the posts and I admit that because of my ADHD. I probably missed something. I'd like to learn more about the clothing in the safe box. Was it the clothes that SS wore the day of the disappearance? Other clothing of sentimental value? I haven't seen confirmation of this. If I missed it I know you could direct me.

You didn't miss much RE: the clothing. Prosecution hasn't given too many details about the contents of the safe boxes. We know that there was one burned in Shark River Park. That one had cash in it, but we don't know how much. And we know that a second safe was buried in Sandy Hook and contained some of Sarah's personal items & clothing.
There has been a news report stating that LM & PT stripped Sarah before throwing her into the river. But I'm pretty sure the Prosecutor hasn't publicly said that. Has anyone else here heard it from Prosecution?
(
Okay. I've read all the posts and I admit that because of my ADHD. I probably missed something. I'd like to learn more about the clothing in the safe box. Was it the clothes that SS wore the day of the disappearance? Other clothing of sentimental value? I haven't seen confirmation of this. If I missed it I know you could direct me.

She could be in the water but I just can't help but wonder if they buried her or disposed of her in some other way to hide more incriminating evidence and minimise what they did.

She could be in the water but I just can't help but wonder if they buried her or disposed of her in some other way to hide more incriminating evidence and minimise what they did.

I don't think she's in the water. I believe they set it up to look like she jumped.

**DISCLAIMER: This is my first post and I hope I haven't broken any community guidelines and rules. This is solely based on theory and based on me looking at the map of the area***

This post is based on the theory that SS is not in the river:

Let's talk about the timeline. If SS's car was seen leaving her house at 11:45pm and was found around 2:45am that leaves 3 hours for all of LM and PT activity(to get rid of both safes, her car, and her body). I thought about it and logically they would want to have her body in the car with them for the least amount of driving time (you would think). But they would also probably want to get rid of her car last and get home ASAP after leaving the car because the car is what alerts LE that something is wrong. It would not make sense to dump her car and body together first and then directly go to bury safes, because they be worried someone would immediately call in the car and LE would start to search. So if her body was not in thrown in the river as some theories on here say, I would think the timeline would give away the distance LM and PT could have went before her car was found. (Again assuming they got rid of her car last).

Now some other pieces of info:
1. The distance from SS house to Shark river park is 10 or 11 minutes one way. So including burying the safe (I will assign a 5 minute minimum) that is about a 30 minute round trip.
2. I would like to know which safe was at which location. I don't think they would bury her clothes before disposing of her body because if thy really did keep her in the front seat of the car, a nude body would bring attention to them.
3. Sandy hook is about 40 minutes one way so with burying the safe a 90 minute round trip.
4. The parks are in opposite directions of eachother (with the homes of SS and LM/PT and belmar bridge in the center of two park locations) so whichever safe went first, either way the total time would have to be at least 2 hours for the safes. Keep in mind a 3 hour time frame.
5. Her car was on the southbound side of the bridge (correct me if I am wrong). 40 minutes north from the bridge is sandy hook. Also north of the bridge (but south of sandy hook) are the homes of all.
6. Because of these locations and the 3 hour time frame I think PT and LM drove north towards sandy hook, buried SS in one of the preserved woods areas in that direction and took her clothes, got to sandy hook and buried the first safe (would make sense to bury her clothes further away from their homes) (again 40 minute drive to sandy hook but you could add a half hour to an hour for a detour to hide SS and safe) so let's say at this point they left SS house at 11:45pm, did everything stated above, and are on their way back southbound. At this point it would be around 1:30 am. It would take them 40 minutes to get to belmar bridge. So arrive at belmar bridge around 2:10 am. Leave car and continue southwest to shark river park where they hid the next safe (btw shark river park is between LM/SS family home and PT residence) and from shark river park go home (arrive around 2:35).

This supports the THEORY that SS was not thrown off he bridge because I don't believe they would go from her house all the was to sandy hook with her body in the car and I also don't think they would leave the car first and then go through all of the driving to bury the safes. I do not know how to attach images but if you look on the map the travel path I explained would fit the timeline and would also be the fastest and most direct path for LM and PT to go from SS home through the 3 locations and then back to their shared apartment.

Lastly, I think this disproves the pine barren theory because driving to sandy hook, the car drop off spot, and then taking her body to the pinebarrens would be extremely risky and ridiculous. They would be very stupid to leave her car on the bridge and then drive another hour or more with her body in the middle of the night. Not giving these two any credit for being smart, but I think it is more likely they would have hidden her in the highlands areas closer to sandy hook.

I forgot to add it would make sense for them to keep the cash closer to home for easier retrieval in the future. I just saw another poster say that the cash was in the shark river park and the clothes were in sandy hook, which I believe further supports my theory that they got rid of her body on the way to sandy hook.

when ive been to sandy hook, you have to go thru the little toll booth thing. Off season, there is nobody in them. At night, aren't they closed up where you can't drive thru?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper