Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice how PT's hearings got way more coverage than LMs? More photos, more video released etc...?

Anythings possible. The longer and farther they drove her car would've put much more evidence in and on the car..I'm not saying it was definitely the Pine Barrens, was just bringing up the remoteness of the area. Word around town was that the car was actually first noticed and called in at around 12:30-1. She may very well be in the water. It's been suggested they were driving with her upright in a seat, again, entirely possible but imo more likely they put her in a duffel bag or suitcase in the trunk for transport.

there is only one way into the park itself

I was noting 3 routes from "the mainland". That's why I asked how hard is it to access at night. Is it totally closed down and blocked off?
If so, they would be very conspicuous IMO.

The cash was in the safe that was buried in Neptune. But how do we know they buried the safes that night? I wouldn't think that they did...
I forgot to add it would make sense for them to keep the cash closer to home for easier retrieval in the future. I just saw another poster say that the cash was in the shark river park and the clothes were in sandy hook, which I believe further supports my theory that they got rid of her body on the way to sandy hook.

I don't recall reports saying which safe was buried where. Did I miss that?

The cash was in the safe that was buried in Neptune. But how do we know they buried the safes that night? I wouldn't think that they did...

It is true that we don't know when they buried them, but I would think they did it that night because LM left his phone behind and should assume police would find it. So I would think he wouldn't want to keep her clothes and money in his home.

You would think, but not much about his actions make a lot of sense. Do we know for sure that those safe boxes came from Sarah's house? Initially, I was under the impression that the actual safes belonged to LM & PT, and they just put Sarah's property in them. And I was under this impression because there were no reports of anything missing from the Stern home.
It is true that we don't know when they buried them, but I would think they did it that night because LM left his phone behind and should assume police would find it. So I would think he wouldn't want to keep her clothes and money in his home.

This makes sense, and probably could be confirmed with PT's phone. i would think it's possible to track his movements by his phone?

Wow. Never even considered this, because media claims she stored her inheritance in safes. So many unknowns. But as it it's said " the simplest and easiest explanation is usually the one". That it's their safes, would back up the planning and robbery motive.

This makes sense, and probably could be confirmed with PT's phone. i would think it's possible to track his movements by his phone?

Yes I would think it could all be confirmed by PT's phone if he brought it with him. I would also think traffic cameras should show the cars at different points

One of my daughter's attended MAST at Sandy Hook. I do believe there are also security cameras up there. If driving straight up to Sandy Hook through beach towns, you will be running into some bar traffic in Sea Bright, maybe Atl. Highlands. May slow down your driving time. SS could have been in trunk.

You would think, but not much about his actions make a lot of sense. Do we know for sure that those safe boxes came from Sarah's house? Initially, I was under the impression that the actual safes belonged to LM & PT, and they just put Sarah's property in them. And I was under this impression because there were no reports of anything missing from the Stern home.

Very good point...if they were SS's safes, how would LM know the combination to put her clothes in? Maybe they are LM and PT's safes...

You're totally right. I wish we knew what the safes look like so we could narrow down where they might be purchased. I do remember them being referred to as "safety deposit boxes" in the initial reporting. RE: her inheritance, I don't think she kept it in her house. I think she literally emptied her bank account that day. And that's why many people had hope that she just took off.
Wow. Never even considered this, because media claims she stored her inheritance in safes. So many unknowns. But as it it's said " the simplest and easiest explanation is usually the one". That it's their safes, would back up the planning and robbery motive.

You're totally right. I wish we knew what the safes look like so we could narrow down where they might be purchased. I do remember them being referred to as "safety deposit boxes" in the initial reporting. RE: her inheritance, I don't think she kept it in her house. I think she literally emptied her bank account that day. And that's why many people had hope that she just took off.

And this all brings it back to motive... How did they know she would empty her bank account and why would she? It's all so strange. Even if they did know in advance she was taking out all this money (there were rumors for a car but her father was quoted as saying he doesn't know why-so I doubt it). But even if they did know in advance and they bought the safes...what was the motive to kill her too? I just don't get that.

Their HAS to be footage of their car there. There's no way to get into Sandy Hook without passing thru these booths. There must be a security camera on the little building at the entrance.

attachment.php

One of my daughter's attended MAST at Sandy Hook. I do believe there are also security cameras up there. If driving straight up to Sandy Hook through beach towns, you will be running into some bar traffic in Sea Bright, maybe Atl. Highlands. May slow down your driving time. SS could have been in trunk.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 1.33.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 1.33.32 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 167
I know...each answer brings more questions!
One theory is that Liam asked to borrow a large sum of money from her, and she agreed to lend it to him. Sadly, I think the motive to kill was hatred. :(

And this all brings it back to motive... How did they know she would empty her bank account and why would she? It's all so strange. Even if they did know in advance she was taking out all this money (there were rumors for a car but her father was quoted as saying he doesn't know why-so I doubt it). But even if they did know in advance and they bought the safes...what was the motive to kill her too? I just don't get that.

Did anyone else notice how PT's hearings got way more coverage than LMs? More photos, more video released etc...?

I think because PT's fathers involvement, he also brought LE to the safes, and he's trying hard for bail.

McAtasney's attorney, Charles Moriarty, did not fight the prosecution's attempt to keep his client behind bars

"For the two months after that, this defendant spent the entire time calculating every one of his moves to continue to cover up the murder and death of Sarah Stern,"

She said he also mischaracterized his relationship with Stern to authorities.

"He pretended to make their friendship more than it was so people would not focus on him as a suspect," Doyle said.

He wouldn't say under what circumstances the recording was made with the witness but said it took place in a car. Bauman had previously noted that the recording was made on Jan. 31.

Prosecutors still have not said what led detectives to suspect McAtasney and Taylor were behind Stern's disappearance.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/teen_accused_of_killing_friend_appears_in_court.html

I know...each answer brings more questions!
One theory is that Liam asked to borrow a large sum of money from her, and she agreed to lend it to him. Sadly, I think the motive to kill was hatred. :(

That's more of my question...why did he hate her? I find it especially odd that he was so willing to protect the friend/witness who recorded him from PT yet just killed another friend? Also raises the question of who did he care about more than his accomplice and roommate PT? I wonder if his twin knew anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper