Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances that 2 ladies leave their car in the bridges and jump? I say 2 ladies because it reminds me of the other lady that apperently jumped.
Where are you Sarah?

Probably not a big coincidence if you think of all the bridges in the country and all the depressed, suicidal women at any time. Surprised there aren't more actually.

Day before she went missing she reblogged on her tumblr this post:

"[FONT=&amp]2016 truly is the worst year but i’m going to stay alive out of spite"

Two months ago she reblogged this post:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"so not only did you refuse to say anything when she said I love you but you haven't done anything to find her, I mean it was obvious before how useless you are but your level of malice towards the girl who loves you is impressive"

Not a lot of evidence of what happened but I wanted to point them out. There may have been a broken heart and depression involved. Or not. Hoping for the best.

[/FONT]
http://we-all-have-a-storyyy.tumblr.com/archive[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

That post you found from two months ago is actually a piece of transmedia from the web series Carmilla, which is one of the communities she was involved in. In her tags on that post she was reacting to the ridiculousness of it.

That post you found from two months ago is actually a piece of transmedia from the web series Carmilla, which is one of the communities she was involved in. In her tags on that post she was reacting to the ridiculousness of it.

Pardon my ignorance, at north of 40 I might be really behind the times already lol, but when you say "communities" is that like a group, like a FB group?

Pardon my ignorance, at north of 40 I might be really behind the times already lol, but when you say "communities" is that like a group, like a FB group?

Lol, not a problem, my friend! When I say communities I mean "fandom" which is just a different word for the fan base of a show/band/person (present across all social media platforms).

Where is Neptune teen Sarah Stern? $5,000 reward offered for information

Snip

Belmar Police, the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and the New Jersey State Police Missing Person Unit are all investigating the case. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is also providing assistance.

A flyer by Monmouth County Crime Stoppers said it is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the “identification, arrest and prosecution of any suspects” in Stern’s disappearance.

“We’re looking to get information. If anyone was coming over over the bridge at that time, saw the car or someone by the car, any bit of information helps,” Bahr said. “The whole situation is confusing to everyone. Our whole family’s hearts are broken and we just want to find her.”

Read More: Where is Neptune teen Sarah Stern? $5,000 reward offered for information | http://nj1015.com/where-is-sarah-stern-reward-posted-for-information/?trackback=tsmclip

Lol, not a problem, my friend! When I say communities I mean "fandom" which is just a different word for the fan base of a show/band/person (present across all social media platforms).

Lol we called them groupies...ok on the same page now.

Thanks!!

Where is Neptune teen Sarah Stern? $5,000 reward offered for information

Snip

Belmar Police, the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and the New Jersey State Police Missing Person Unit are all investigating the case. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is also providing assistance.

A flyer by Monmouth County Crime Stoppers said it is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the “identification, arrest and prosecution of any suspects” in Stern’s disappearance.

“We’re looking to get information. If anyone was coming over over the bridge at that time, saw the car or someone by the car, any bit of information helps,” Bahr said. “The whole situation is confusing to everyone. Our whole family’s hearts are broken and we just want to find her.”

Read More: Where is Neptune teen Sarah Stern? $5,000 reward offered for information | http://nj1015.com/where-is-sarah-stern-reward-posted-for-information/?trackback=tsmclip

Who was the person that "last saw her ?" In this article? The grandmother? Did they talk? Does she know why and where she was going out so late? Was that unusual for her to leave the house so late at night?

Since there don't seem to be signs of her wanting to commit suicide, I'd say that's a pretty reasonable possibility.

Sadly, there aren't always signs that someone is about to take thier life. I have lost three people to suicide, and no one even knew they were hurting that much. We just never know what someone may be going through. Please...be there for those who matter to you.

Nice catch. Probably implies that LE believes someone took her, so there is a perp to arrest. Assuming the article is correct in using the word 'arrest'.

i personally don't assume that means LE believes someone took her.

i think that it is more likely legal language used almost every time a reward is offered to prevent the payout of the reward for anything other than an arrest (i think it is more often used as "arrest and conviction" actually) of someone that is responsible for her disappearance, IF in fact someone is responsible for it.

without knowing who put up the reward money, it is generally a limited financial resource that whoever put it up only wants to put up if a very specific outcome is achieved.

as an example, if a friend of a family put up the reward and it is later found the missing person committed suicide, that friend of the family would probably rather have the reward money to use for the person's funeral expenses rather than pay a random person that found a body.

Sadly, there aren't always signs that someone is about to take thier life. I have lost three people to suicide, and no one even knew they were hurting that much. We just never know what someone may be going through. Please...be there for those who matter to you.

You're right. Speaking as someone who suffers from depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts that was pretty ignorant of me to say. I know I don't tell people how bad I'm feeling 95% of the time.

i personally don't assume that means LE believes someone took her. i think that it is more likely legal language used almost every time a reward is offered to prevent the payout of the reward for anything other than an arrest (i think it is more often used as "arrest and conviction" actually) of someone that is responsible for her disappearance, IF in fact someone is responsible for it. without knowing who put up the reward money, it is generally a limited financial resource that whoever put it up only wants to put up if a very specific outcome is achieved. as an example, if a friend of a family put up the reward and it is later found the missing person committed suicide, that friend of the family would probably rather have the reward money to use for the person's funeral expenses rather than pay a random person that found a body.
Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

You're right. Speaking as someone who suffers from depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts that was pretty ignorant of me to say. I know I don't tell people how bad I'm feeling 95% of the time.

:welcome3:​
Jayroyal thank you for joining Websleuths and your neat contribution to helping find Sarah Stern. I look forward to your posts.

All these series of girls murdered and missing recently around Jersey City and the shore, one of the survivors, not a victim IIRC, correctly a Ghassan, something mentioned something in his SM, if I have it right as reported on MSM, that the Ghost Ship reminded him a Jersey City. Not that there is any connection at all, but it got me thinking, way out there, could all these cases be related somehow? A number of them have been involved in the arts and music. All these series of suspicious fires, murders, missing, could there be some hard to trace cartel activity going on? Considering shifts in local power or something, as part of territorial or social coercion even?

:welcome3:​
Jayroyal thank you for joining Websleuths and your neat contribution to helping find Sarah Stern. I look forward to your posts. All these series of girls murdered and missing recently around Jersey City and the shore, one of the survivors, not a victim IIRC, correctly a Ghassan, something mentioned something in his SM, if I have it right as reported on MSM, that the Ghost Ship reminded him a Jersey City. Not that there is any connection at all, but it got me thinking, way out there, could all these cases be related somehow? A number of them have been involved in the arts and music. All these series of suspicious fires, murders, missing, could there be some hard to trace cartel activity going on? Considering shifts in local power or something, as part of territorial or social coercion even?
The Ghost Ship fire is likely not related, AFAIK it was an issue with the building that was a hazard and caused the fire. Owner did not keep building up to safety standards, LE treating it as crime scene bc they're looking at whether or not criminal liability is attached to this fire.​
Could you be more specific about which missing/murdered girls you're talking about? I know Sarah Butler of Montclair was found deceased, no arrest I believe? Car abandoned in Orange, but the locations are a ways away from each other.​

The Ghost Ship fire is likely not related, AFAIK it was an issue with the building that was a hazard and caused the fire. Owner did not keep building up to safety standards, LE treating it as crime scene bc they're looking at whether or not criminal liability is attached to this fire.​
Could you be more specific about which missing/murdered girls you're talking about? I know Sarah Butler of Montclair was found deceased, no arrest I believe? Car abandoned in Orange, but the locations are a ways away from each other.​

Meaghan McCallum is still missing from Oakland but her car was found at a residential parking garage near Pier Village in Long Branch.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?274008-NJ-Meaghan-McCallum-30-Oakland-10-March-2015

Meaghan McCallum is still missing from Oakland but her car was found at a residential parking garage near Pier Village in Long Branch. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?274008-NJ-Meaghan-McCallum-30-Oakland-10-March-2015
Thanks. Did a quick search myself. Found her, and this woman, Nancy Cangelosi. Haven't seen any updates on her though.​
Nancy was last seen surprisingly close to the area Sarah Butler disappeared as well.​

Not ignorant at all. Glad you are here with us. :grouphug:

For sure, it was specifically just a comment by Ghassan, about Jersey City, that triggered the thought. What could make the Ghost Ship like Jersey City, besides drug dealing or crime, as there isn't a thriving community similar to Oakland's there that I've heard of? Admittedly, that's a huge extrapolation from almost nothing, and connecting the most haphazard mysterious incidents, the stuff of flaky way out there conspiracy theories... True enough about the fire hazards and such, Aeksef, in many of the cases of suspicious fires et al, the circumstances for catastrophic fires do not preclude the possibility that they were deliberately set, until the investigation is concluded.

Some of the victims were said to have been dancing on the second floor, and staff manning the door just then favored the idea of a very fast moving electrical fire underneath where they danced possibly, according to the interview he gave in MSM, showcasing the burned back of his seemingly traumatized friend's jacket, who had been unable to carry out a resident injured trying to get to the ground floor, and according to other MSM reports, IIRC. Then the Ghost Ship's doorman/bouncer/there since the beginning staff, that night mentioned 15 secs, between believing it is a fire, getting the fire extinguisher, and giving up and running out. Doesn't sound like a fire without something accelerating it besides the prime hazardous conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602