Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, a valid point that she was LGBT, and a lot of people in the LGBT community were troubled by the results. I didn't read her social media, so I had just trusted that it had been brought up.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk
It was brought up on her sites as Dolphin stated. ( dolphin ) replied she didnt feel her 'statements' were 'deeply' concerned about politics but 'maybe a few innocent statements that made it easy to figure out who's side she's on'. Once again me pointing out her negative posts online has nothing to do with politics, period! Nor did I say an elecction was the root or only factors in a suicide scenario. The fact is that there were obvious negative posts that shouldnt be overlooked. ( dolphin ) doesnt feel that couldn't of been a contributing factor of duress with the other compounded theories floating around on this site which could've all added up to suicide. I hope that none of the assumptions we make on this site end up to be fact, instead I pray for her and all the others for a safe return home. This case in particular has had no real substantial evidence released and therefore all of our posts are based off of assumptions from what little information we have. As someone who has experienced suicide and the missing first hand im well aware that what one person deems an insignificant statement or post unfortunately wasn't.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It was brought up on her sites as Dolphin stated. ( dolphin ) replied she didnt feel her 'statements' were 'deeply' concerned about politics but 'maybe a few innocent statements that made it easy to figure out who's side she's on'. Once again me pointing out her negative posts online has nothing to do with politics, period! Nor did I say an elecction was the root or only factors in a suicide scenario. The fact is that there were obvious negative posts that shouldnt be overlooked. ( dolphin ) doesnt feel that couldn't of been a contributing factor of duress with the other compounded theories floating around on this site which could've all added up to suicide. I hope that none of the assumptions we make on this site end up to be fact, instead I pray for her and all the others for a safe return home. This case in particular has had no real substantial evidence released and therefore all of our posts are based off of assumptions from what little information we have. As someone who has experienced suicide and the missing first hand im well aware that what one person deems an insignificant statement or post unfortunately wasn't.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Let me explain my statement better, my thoughts on this are my opinion only. First, I am not a member of the LGBTQ community but I can understand and empathize in regard to their past, present, and future concerns regarding politics on any level. I have friends who are LGBTQ, none of whom are outwardly suicidal about recent politics, doesn't mean there are not others out there that feel differently. Second, I need two hands to count my losses in regard to "experience" with suicide and that does not deem myself or anyone else, in any MP case, (unless its LE or family members) to view and regard a statement as significant or insignificant. What bothers me a lot about this thread, other than the fact that SS is still missing, is that many posters have chimed in to say this is a suicide, almost as if they know it to be for certain. Why? Because her car was found on a bridge? That's the obvious initial fear and that's why highly skilled teams and LE have searched for SS for days. But with all due respect, Why? Because posters on here have such experience with depression and loss that you can say for certain that this is a suicide? Is there something on her SM that really stands out to some of you that others may be missing? Do you know her and have more ideas or more information? Don't we owe Sarah the courtesy of a bit more time, speculation, and concern in regard to what else could've happened that night and her safety now if this wasn't a suicide? IMO anything other than that would be a disservice and an injustice to her at this time and unfortunately it will stay that way until any evidence, one way or another, comes to light. There isn't much for us to go on but I'm sure that LE and family know more. They are continuing to update the FB page and they are continuing to ask people to share her info and look for her. They haven't given up and I'm not either. I do not subscribe to the suicide theory in this case right now but that is my opinion only. As long as her family, friends, and LE considers her to be missing, I will continue to look and share her info everywhere I go.

I'm not thinking suicide either....the car is too convenient.

How do you mean?

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk
What I think she means is that whoever left the car there and for whatever reason might've done so for the purpose of wanting it to be seen so it would look like someone parked there to jump. Too convenient, or other words, too obvious... the fact that it was parked at the most visible part of the bridge in an area that is brightly lit and has a constant flow of traffic, especially at 11:45 pm as bars and restaurants are walking distance, not to mention 2 police stations are located half a mile in each direction. Plus there are condos across the bridge that face the bridge and underneath and all around is a marina where fishing boats go in and out through out the night.

I have been following Sarah's case for awhile and I agree with some posters here that this probably wasn't a suicide.

I don't remember where but someone mentioned that the bridge where the car was parked was not popular for suicides - something about the height of the bridge or water being too low for people to succeed in doing so.

It really is convenient for her car to be there. Maybe she wanted people to think she committed suicide and has gone off on an adventure on her own, or the rare alternative - she was abducted.

I do question why she would leave her dog behind (if she left on her own terms), but perhaps she really felt that her family would take good care of him/her.

On another note, in regards to the topic of suicide... there have been people who posted absolutely nothing negative on their social media and have killed themselves. There were no hints of any sadness or anger. There have also been people who post lots of stuff related to depression who have not killed themselves.
It goes either way and I absolutely do not think that what people choose to post on social media is reflective of what they feel inside.

[h=1]'We're at a loss,' says father of missing Neptune City teen after 4-week search[/h]http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/12/neptune_teen_still_missing_after_4_week_search.html

I just joined this discussion. I saw a tweet from July where she said, "[FONT=&quot]Went for a great midnight walk last night along the Asbury park Boardwalk." So she could have gone out to do something like that? [/FONT]
BBM

Well, this stands out to me. She left home at 11:45 PM. Where was she going?
Did she have plans and was leaving that late? Was she meeting someone?

That's possible I suppose. I used to do the same thing because it's a very peaceful time. Actually its not uncommon to see people by the water, night fishing or walking the boardwalk right up until dawn.. even in freezing weather. There are no parking spots on the bridge though, the car was parked on the shoulder. JMO it wouldn't necessarily be a strange place to go for a walk but it would be a strange, if not bizarre, place to park if you planned on going for a walk.

My first thought was that the tweet proves it was not altogether unusual for her to go out at that hour. That is a bit of a relief to me, because so many people have found it so strange that she was leaving alone at that hour. Now I realize she could have just wanted to walk the boards in AP. And AP is not far at all from Neptune City. It is a GREAT and well-lit boardwalk and a pretty lively area. I hate to say it, but I think it could be a case of abduction (I love AP and go there often, but like many places, there are random crimes committed...for example a car was stolen in front of Stella Marina several years ago when the driver got out to put his name in for a table, about 20 ' away.) And an abduction can take place anywhere...at anytime...and especially in the dark, when you are traveling alone. I think her car on the bridge was parked by someone wanting to lead the investigation down a certain path and away from any suspicion of foul play. They wanted people to think she committed suicide. So while it may well be a random crime that started in AP or somewhere between the two spots, the abductor would be pretty savvy to think of parking her car there and walking briskly away. It's so hard to believe there are no surveillance cameras on the bridge or at the lights before and after that ...they should catch SOMETHING at that hour. How about cameras at the Belmar train station, which is close by?
That's possible I suppose. I used to do the same thing because it's a very peaceful time. Actually its not uncommon to see people by the water, night fishing or walking the boardwalk right up until dawn.. even in freezing weather. There are no parking spots on the bridge though, the car was parked on the shoulder. JMO it wouldn't necessarily be a strange place to go for a walk but it would be a strange, if not bizarre, place to park if you planned on going for a walk.

Yea I feel like there has to be cameras in the area that caught something meaningful

New to this board. So please be patient with me. I live in the area, but just found this.
I think the car was found around 245 a/m. Do they have any surveillance tapes anywhere that would narrow the timeframe of when the car was left...not when it was first seen by police? Even if there are just residential tapes that show the bridge in the distance and could prove the window of time when it was left?

A NJ Transit train runs South from Belmar on Friday nights/Saturday mornings around 130 a/m...stopping in Spring Lake, Manasquan, PPB and Bay Head. No trains run North after midnight. The train station proximity could be relevant, but I tend to think that multiple people are involved here and that the train wasn't used.

My first thought was that the tweet proves it was not altogether unusual for her to go out at that hour. That is a bit of a relief to me, because so many people have found it so strange that she was leaving alone at that hour. Now I realize she could have just wanted to walk the boards in AP. And AP is not far at all from Neptune City. It is a GREAT and well-lit boardwalk and a pretty lively area. I hate to say it, but I think it could be a case of abduction (I love AP and go there often, but like many places, there are random crimes committed...for example a car was stolen in front of Stella Marina several years ago when the driver got out to put his name in for a table, about 20 ' away.) And an abduction can take place anywhere...at anytime...and especially in the dark, when you are traveling alone. I think her car on the bridge was parked by someone wanting to lead the investigation down a certain path and away from any suspicion of foul play. They wanted people to think she committed suicide. So while it may well be a random crime that started in AP or somewhere between the two spots, the abductor would be pretty savvy to think of parking her car there and walking briskly away. It's so hard to believe there are no surveillance cameras on the bridge or at the lights before and after that ...they should catch SOMETHING at that hour. How about cameras at the Belmar train station, which is close by?
Ha, no I didn't find it strange, at all, that she was going out at 11:45 whether it be for a pack of smokes (not sure if she was a smoker) or for whatever else it is 19 years old do these days. Heck, when I was 19 our night was only just beginning at that time. AP has and still is becoming a thriving artsy area and that boardwalk is super-iconic. Might even find yourself running into Bruce or Bob Dillon on any random day. That said tho, if given a choice as to where to walk alone late at night, AP boardwalk would be last on my list, JMO. I think that it's been mentioned on the family FB page that whatever cameras were working were checked. I can't disagree on the abduction theory... someone put that car there for some reason and that's just about all we (ie the public) know right about now. But why would the abductor go through the trouble and risk of being seen (in the most visible area around) trying to make that statement (that she jumped)... all the while possibly incriminating himself when the car could've easily been dumped or left innocuously in just about a million other places?

I don't find it strange at all that she went out at that hour either. When I was around her age and living in the area I went out at that hour to go for a walk on the beach or boardwalk or to grab something at wawa or to meet a friend for coffee. So going out at that hour doesn't strike me as strange at all. I do think it's odd that her car was parked at that location but the other areas I would think about dumping a car at during that hour in that area all have cameras although I'm sure there are places I don't know of that could have been used though.. I just find the location of the car to be really odd. It's like whoever placed it there purposely thought people would think she jumped.

A NJ Transit train runs South from Belmar on Friday nights/Saturday mornings around 130 a/m...stopping in Spring Lake, Manasquan, PPB and Bay Head. No trains run North after midnight. The train station proximity could be relevant, but I tend to think that multiple people are involved here and that the train wasn't used.
Welcome!! And no worries, takes a while to get the jist of things. Yes, that's been mentioned and discussed to some degree. You might find it helpful reading though this thread from page one if you haven't already. I immediately thought the train too as I'm sure LE did as well and checked any surveillance. Some agree on the train theory, others don't. I wasn't aware that southbound trains had longer hours, good point. Why do you feel multiple people were involved?

Everyone I have spoken to about Sarah missing has first commented on how strange it was that she left the house at that hour. I have two kids her age and when I saw last night that she tweeted in July about leaving one night to walk the AP boardwalk, I think that demonstrates it's not unusual. The hour was almost exactly the same. Like you, I wouldn't choose to park in AP to walk the boards at that hour (very difficult at that hour, with all of the bar traffic a Friday night brings). The boardwalk is lively. But getting there and back is a vulnerable situation, when you are walking alone. I don't think it's safe anywhere, but parking is very tight there on a Friday night and you could have to walk a ways in the dark. The dumping of the car on the 35 Belmar Bridge is so bizarre. Risk-taking, cocky behavior. I have such a hard time believing that no house on that river has a surveillance camera out back on its river side that could have picked up SOMETHING, in terms of a timeline for when it appeared there, but it's way too late now.
Ha, no I didn't find it strange, at all, that she was going out at 11:45 whether it be for a pack of smokes (not sure if she was a smoker) or for whatever else it is 19 years old do these days. Heck, when I was 19 our night was only just beginning at that time. AP has and still is becoming a thriving artsy area and that boardwalk is super-iconic. Might even find yourself running into Bruce or Bob Dillon on any random day. That said tho, if given a choice as to where to walk alone late at night, AP boardwalk would be last on my list, JMO. I think that it's been mentioned on the family FB page that whatever cameras were working were checked. I can't disagree on the abduction theory... someone put that car there for some reason and that's just about all we (ie the public) know right about now. But why would the abductor go through the trouble and risk of being seen (in the most visible area around) trying to make that statement (that she jumped)... all the while possibly incriminating himself when the car could've easily been dumped or left innocuously in just about a million other places?

The car thing is totally odd and hard to figure out. Along Rt 35 or 71 between AP/Neptune/Ocean Grove/Bradley Beach/Avon/Belmar there are a gazillion dark places where a car could be dumped. Easily. The car is the confounding thing in all of this. Seems like a premeditated foul play situation by someone who has a really sick, menacing, risk-taking element of criminal behavior...rather than a clumsy, less sophisticated perp.
I don't find it strange at all that she went out at that hour either. When I was around her age and living in the area I went out at that hour to go for a walk on the beach or boardwalk or to grab something at wawa or to meet a friend for coffee. So going out at that hour doesn't strike me as strange at all. I do think it's odd that her car was parked at that location but the other areas I would think about dumping a car at during that hour in that area all have cameras although I'm sure there are places I don't know of that could have been used though.. I just find the location of the car to be really odd. It's like whoever placed it there purposely thought people would think she jumped.

I feel like the dumping of the car on the bridge with a successful escape on foot would be so difficult for someone to pull off, that two people working in concert with the car drop--- and the driver just jumping in a car pulling up alongside it would be so much easier, as a quick getaway. I don't know. It's so confounding and frustrating. And I too was REALLY surprised that the train going Southbound runs later!
Welcome!! And no worries, takes a while to get the jist of things. Yes, that's been mentioned and discussed to some degree. You might find it helpful reading though this thread from page one if you haven't already. I immediately thought the train too as I'm sure LE did as well and checked any surveillance. Some agree on the train theory, others don't. I wasn't aware that southbound trains had longer hours, good point. Why do you feel multiple people were involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper