Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah! I was not expecting this! my heart goes out to Sarah's family, what a tragedy :( :(

Unlikely. They would both be charged with the murder if they committed it then a plea would be copped. It wouldn't change the charges just the dissolution of the charges.

The other one wasn't charged with robbery either. His involvement would have been post mortem.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Oh ok. That makes sense. I am not super educated in law or anything, thank you for the explanation :)

My mind never, ever went in this direction. Just drove over the bridge this morning and then through Neptune to Shrewsbury. Thought about Sarah on this beautiful, sunny day at the shore. I am just so sad to learn of this outcome. RIP.

And I feel so devastated also for the parents of the boys involved. Cannot imagine learning of such allegations against my son.

I wonder what happened. Poor girl. Was hoping for a better outcome.

My sincere condolences to the Stern family and friends, you along with Sarah will forever be in my thoughts and prayers. To the police and detective agencies that never gave up, thank you.

My mind never, ever went in this direction. Just drove over the bridge this morning and then through Neptune to Shrewsbury. Thought about Sarah on this beautiful, sunny day at the shore. I am just so sad to learn of this outcome. RIP.
Mine either, at all. I drove over the bridge last week coming back from Asbury and thought about her a lot. This is so incredibly sad.

Very sad ending to a beautiful girls life! My heart goes out to her family and friends.

The boys parents must be beside themselves. They look like very normal happy kids!

It blows my mind what people are capable of doing to another human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am very saddened to read this. I really hoped she was hiding safely. May justice be harsh & swift.

101.5 radio just said it was a home invasion that went horribly wrong. Now they made it sound like Taylor was the driver, but he should have been charged with felony murder. They said Taylor threw her off the bridge.

My guess is Liam went there killed her. Then Taylor was called by Liam and drove her car and threw her off the bridge. And they left in Liam's car. That is why Taylor avoided felony murder, because he wasn't present when murder happened.

101.5 radio just said it was a home invasion that went horribly wrong. Now they made it sound like the second one was the driver but he should have been charged with felony murder. The other one they say threw her off the bridge.

My guess is Liam went there killed her. Then the other guy showed up drove her car and threw her off the bridge. And they left in Liam's car. That is why he avoided felony murder.

http://nj1015.com/sarah-stern-killed-2-charged-in-death-of-missing-jersey-shore-woman/

wow. Stunned. This should remind us in other cases here that there are always things we do not know, that are not reported, that LE is doing behind the scenes. I don't think anything like this was on anyone's radar and then whamo.

So so sorry for you, beautiful soul.

.... she was robbed, strangled and thrown off a bridge by two of her Facebook friends

McAtasney is accused of strangling Stern during a robbery (stealing money) Dec. 2 at Stern’s Neptune City home. McAtasney and Taylor are both accused of moving her body from her home and throwing her over the Route 35 bridge over the Shark River Inlet.

McAtasney: first-degree murder, first-degree felony murder, first-degree robbery, second-degree desecration of human remains, second-degree conspiracy to desecrate human remains and second-degree hindering apprehension.

Taylor: second-degree desecration of human remains, second-degree conspiracy to desecrate human remains and second-degree hindering apprehension.

http://nj1015.com/sarah-stern-killed-2-charged-in-death-of-missing-jersey-shore-woman/

Preston Taylor:
1658698_767858649912078_8079923118489624250_o.jpg

I'm so thankful for the police who worked on this case. It would have been easy for them to dismiss Sarah's disappearance as a suicide, which is probably what the suspects were counting on, but they investigated all possibilities and found answers for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper