NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that article Dolphin8! Really bugs me when the reporters don't put in the article the next court hearing date!

Updated article from today -

http://www.app.com/story/news/local...murder-liam-mcatasney-venue-change/670425001/

Aside from feeling horrible for the Stern family for another delay and possibly having to travel for the trial, I really don't know what to make of LM's lawyers argument. His reasoning is the vitriolic comments from social media?! It's 2017. Social media has been around for a long time. I would think his argument would hold true for any case these days NOT just due to the social media in Monmouth County.

ETA: I really hope the trial is kept here.

So - we have a "Change of Venue Hearing" today...

So - we have a "Change of Venue Hearing" today...

Monmouth County's assignment judge, said she will announce her decision by 10 a.m. Monday.

Moriarty asked Thornton to order McAtasney's trial be moved to either Middlesex, Mercer or Burlington counties. Assistant Monmouth County prosecutor said the victim's family has the right not to have to travel any distance to attend McAtasney's trial. Of the locations Moriarty suggested the trial be moved to, Doyle said, "they're at least an hour away with no traffic.''

http://www.app.com/story/news/local...murder-liam-mcatasney-venue-change/670425001/

From the above article posted by Ali:

A motion filed by Moriarty to suppress a taped conversation between McAtasney and a co-operating witness in which McAtasney allegedly admits to killing Stern will be heard before Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Richard English on Oct. 26.

Thank you all for the updates! Very much appreciated!!

Just :bump: this up for tomorrow!

Thursday, October 26th:
*Motion to Suppress Hearing - NJ - Sarah Stern (19) (Dec. 2, 2016) - Liam McAtasney (19) accused of murder, robbery, felony murder, conspiracy to commit robbery, disturbing/desecrating human remains, tampering with physical evidence & hindering his own apprehension/(hearing re suppress recording)/DA seeks Life.
His accomplice Preston Taylor (19) faces up to 20 years in state prison and is subject to the No Early Release Act. He pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy to commit robbery, second-degree distributing or desecrating human remains, two counts of third-degree hindering apprehension and fourth-degree tampering with physical evidence. His sentencing will be adjourned until later in the year, pending McAtasney’s trial. Expected to testify at LMc's trial.
Superior Court Judge Lisa P. Thornton, Monmouth County's ruled no change of venue on 9/18/17 A motion filed by Moriarty to suppress a taped conversation between McAtasney and a co-operating witness in which McAtasney allegedly admits to killing Stern.

Has anyone heard anything regarding hearing for today whether taped recording allowed into testimony? Moved from Neptune City to VA. In June, so don't alway get the news promptly. Thanks.

Has anyone heard anything regarding hearing for today whether taped recording allowed into testimony? Moved from Neptune City to VA. In June, so don't alway get the news promptly. Thanks.

I found nothing yet. The Asbury Park Press usually provides updates: http://www.app.com

Agreed as,well as News 12. Awfully quiet up there though. Trying not to assume the worst. Thanks.

11 months. Thinking of Sarah today. Sending prayers to The Stern family and friends.

Has anyone found anything? It's been a while and I thought there was supposed to be something on Oct 26th.

I have been checking as well, and there has been nothing printed.

The Judge makes the decision if he/she hears the motion set forth whenever they want to.

Thank you for the Date. First anniversary of Sarah's death, of course Mr. Stern, family and friends feel such a loss. Our family feels it too. RIP beautiful Sarah you were a lovely breeze that blew through our life 🙏🙏🙏

:bump: up for:

Wednesday, December 13th:
*Motion to Suppress Evidence Hearing - NJ - Sarah Stern (19) (Dec. 2, 2016) - Liam McAtasney (19) accused of murder, robbery, felony murder, conspiracy to commit robbery, disturbing/desecrating human remains, tampering with physical evidence & hindering his own apprehension/hearing re suppress recording)/DA seeks Life. Superior Court Judge Lisa P. Thornton, Monmouth County's ruled no change of venue on 9/18/17
A motion filed by Moriarty to suppress a taped conversation between McAtasney and a co-operating witness in which McAtasney allegedly admits to killing Stern. 12/2 update: Hearing from Oct. 26th scheduled for today, Dec. 13th.
His accomplice Preston Taylor (19) faces up to 20 years in state prison and is subject to the No Early Release Act. He pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy to commit robbery, second-degree distributing or desecrating human remains, two counts of third-degree
hindering apprehension and fourth-degree tampering with physical evidence. His sentencing will be adjourned until later in the year, pending McAtasney’s trial. Expected to testify at LMc's trial.

:bump: up for:

Wednesday, December 13th:
*Motion to Suppress Evidence Hearing - NJ - Sarah Stern (19) (Dec. 2, 2016) [/i]

On Jan. 31, a former classmate of McAtasney and Taylor, working with police, videotaped a conversation with McAtasney in which he allegedly admits to strangling Stern. Doyle, describing the contents of the tape, said McAtasney explained in detail how he lifted her off the ground and then left her body on the floor while he watched her die for 30 minutes.

"He knew exactly how long it was because he chose to time it," Doyle told a judge on Feb. 14.

McAtasney's attorney, Charles Moriarty, is seeking to have the taped conversation tossed from evidence. He will make his case in Monmouth County court on Dec. 13.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/12/nothing_made_any_sense_father_of_sarah_stern_says.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member