GUILTY NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death #2 *NG murder, Guilty endangering welfare, agg manslaughter*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds as though CG might appeal.

I wonder on what grounds he would appeal. The judge all but lay down like a rug for the G's. What could he say that the judge erred on?

They all say that after conviction, but I tend to think he might, and it will probably be funded by his parents. I don't think it will be successful though. The jury convicted. They weren't given a lot of info that was considered too prejudicial, such as CG's prior criminal history, his own past drug use (heroin if I remember rightly). So it can't be blamed on that.

The evidence was sufficient and I don't think an appeal court will cast aside the verdict based on any judicial error, if anything the judge erred on the side of the defense moreso than the state. JMO
I am assuming it is within his rights to appeal, but , also, I am assuming he, to win it, would have to have some grounds of grievance against the original decision,

Unless he thinks that he , looking like a bloke with a Masters Degree from John Hopkins, ought not to be criticised in such a heavy way..

My opinion was, his defence as put forward by Mario was so bad , the Bar Association would object for him.

It was truly a puerile and asinine effort, from Mario, a lot was promised, very little was delivered, two and a half witnesses, ( I put the patrolman as a half , because what his evidence for the defence was seemed to have no bearing on the circumstances, except to portray Chris as a man who folds for a big bloke ( we see Chris nicely putting his own handcuffs on ) and loves to bash small folk, ( which we saw on the vid clip ) , in that respect it was a negative).

Baden was a dud on the stand, for all the trumpet hooting about him previously . He did not come across as a witness who was on the ball . Papa Gregor . Well. What can one say. He did not project sanity , in retrospect. Comparing the two grandfathers , Vito and Dave, the terrible facade of Dave was so repellant.

That was all. People Mario promised either knocked themselves out, like Dr Ragusa , or were knocked out by Chris's uncontrolled and stupid fury ( Mama ) leaving Mario with a lot of egg on his face, an unhappy place for a defence attorney to be.,

All I want to know is, at his appeal is he allowed a suit and tie, OR will I see him in that dreadful prison clobber, because that is what I want, the illfitting gross gear. HIs lifetime outfit.

Ok educate me. I'm thinking an appeal has to be based on some decision the judge makes? To allow something into evidence, or not, that the defendant considered prejudicial/beneficial? Who decided to try him for endangerment on the same sliding scale as murder? We talked about how weird that seemed, earlier.

Obviously an appeal was being planned from day one, before trial began unless total acquittal. Is there any particular item where we saw Mario wet his pants? Are there customary sins that the defense always looks for?

Please excuse my ignorance, but here in England someone can't just launch an appeal. They have to apply for permission to appeal (and lay out their reasons for why an appeal should be allowed).

That request is then reviewed by another judge (or judges) from a higher court, who have to grant permission ("leave") for an appeal to be made. The vast majority are refused leave.

Lucy Letby for example recently applied for leave to appeal and was refused.

Is the process similar in the US, or can appeals just be launched and their merit or otherwise decided in the next court?

Please excuse my ignorance, but here in England someone can't just launch an appeal. They have to apply for permission to appeal (and lay out their reasons for why an appeal should be allowed).

That request is then reviewed by another judge (or judges) from a higher court, who have to grant permission ("leave") for an appeal to be made. The vast majority are refused leave.

Lucy Letby for example recently applied for leave to appeal and was refused.

Is the process similar in the US, or can appeals just be launched and their merit or otherwise decided in the next court?
I think anyone can appeal if they can find the legal representation to do it. But I'm way out of my zone. Scott Peterson appealed, that Todt who killed his whole family is appealing, Amber Heard appealed. With those who take plea deals it can be different, like with baby murderer Chris Watts. IIRC he had a very brief time to appeal, like days, then a so-called "appeal" process was closed and he would now have to use a 35C process which is something he can try but it depends on new evidence being uncovered, but not things he had withheld in the first place, could also be ineffective counsel, or prosecutorial misconduct. So very few 35C's, at least in Colorado are ever accepted by the judge, according to Crime Talk. But appeals are routine. Then since it's not federal, there could be different laws in all the states, maybe even different in smaller jurisdictions.

I'm just kind of rambling here, but I've never heard of having to get permission for an appeal.

Last edited:
I think anyone can appeal if they can find the legal representation to do it.

I'm just kind of rambling here, but I've never heard of having to get permission for an appeal.
SBM for focus

That's really interesting, thank you. I think it's done this way here to prevent the courts becoming clogged with appeal cases where there are no significant procedural or evidential reasons to warrant the original trial being challenged.

Not liking the verdict is not considered sufficient reason to appeal here, so someone like CG would in all likelihood just be refused leave to appeal.

SBM for focus

That's really interesting, thank you. I think it's done this way here to prevent the courts becoming clogged with appeal cases where there are no significant procedural or evidential reasons to warrant the original trial being challenged.

Not liking the verdict is not considered sufficient reason to appeal here, so someone like CG would in all likelihood just be refused leave to appeal.
same here for me, Breaddo. He would have to have some legal basis, an error by the judge, a discrepancy among the jurors, a pitiful and incompetent defence put forward, a witness with unclean hands, so to speak. .

That said , among Australian barristers who take on these cases , they can often find such 'errors' to float for an appeal, and it is common for the appeal to proceed, more common than not. It would be a radical bench ( judges opinion ) that would not allow and appeal to proceed.

Neither system is 'better', just different.

same here for me, Breaddo. He would have to have some legal basis, an error by the judge, a discrepancy among the jurors, a pitiful and incompetent defence put forward, a witness with unclean hands, so to speak. .

That said , among Australian barristers who take on these cases , they can often find such 'errors' to float for an appeal, and it is common for the appeal to proceed, more common than not. It would be a radical bench ( judges opinion ) that would not allow and appeal to proceed.

Neither system is 'better', just different.
I have a fair number of friends and rellies in Oz, and a lot of your systems are very similar to ours.

IANAL but I think the main difference justice wise is probably not that defence barristers don't try it on, but rather that those just flying a kite have their strings cut rapidly, by being refused permission to appeal.

PS: Loving "Breaddo" ... I could hear the accent and it made me grin!

It sounds as though CG might appeal.

Good luck is all I can say….

This prosecutor wasn’t nearly as aggressive as she should have been.

THIS is a sampling of the criminal record of Christopher J Gregor. Not sure if it was hidden until now because of daddy's powers but.... this isn't even ALL of it!!!! IT IS 25 PAGES!!!! 25 PAGES!

How shameful. It's all searchable at

Corrected link

ALL I KNOW IS IF MY KIDDO HAD EVEN ONE OF THESE COUNTS ON HIS RECORD IT WOULD BE A DISGRACE. The family Gregor has been on their high horse calling Bre trashy but.... hmmmm. Who's the trashy one???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240611_153556_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153556_Chrome.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20240611_153625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153625_Chrome.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20240611_153658_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153658_Chrome.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20240611_153714_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153714_Chrome.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20240611_153734_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153734_Chrome.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20240611_153748_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153748_Chrome.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20240611_153805_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153805_Chrome.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20240611_153824_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153824_Chrome.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20240611_153840_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153840_Chrome.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20240611_153903_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240611_153903_Chrome.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
THIS is a sampling of the criminal record of Christopher J Gregor. Not sure if it was hidden until now because of daddy's powers but.... this isn't even ALL of it!!!! IT IS 25 PAGES!!!! 25 PAGES!

Corrected link

ALL I KNOW IS IF MY KIDDO HAD EVEN ONE OF THESE COUNTS ON HIS RECORD IT WOULD BE A DISGRACE. The family Gregor has been on their high horse calling Bre trashy but.... hmmmm. Who's the trashy one???
He is a career criminal. A deliberate and prolonged program of civil and civic disorder., a drunk driver, a drugged driver, a reckless driver, and public basher of members of the public, a persistent offender, a committed offender, a man who sought ways to offend!.. driving recklessly on school property!., who in hell does that? his rap sheet is longer than Al Capone's and possibly more nasty , just stupid taken to a Masters Degree of culpability . He's a thief, an opponent of the peace , a horror neighbor, a death dealing idiot on the road, a careless and criminally negligent citizen.

Mario didn't mention any of this, naturally, how well known he was to police in a lot of jurisdictions... not for being the son of a cop but for being a class A top grade menace to the general public, and his Mama and Pa let a small child go and live with him unsupervised. The absolute horror of it.

If I am reading the dates correctly on this criminal record of Gregor's , his parents were knowingly concealing this during the custody hearings,, where Gramps was so vocal , so determined, so solid in backing his criminally inclined son. To have custody of a child. When he , the son, demonstrably, had no custody of his own behaviour.

If I can just provide a quick summary for people who didn't watch:

1. Corey's mother became pregnant by CG at age 16 as a result of being drugged and raped by CG at a party. CG was 21 at the time. He pressured her to have an abortion.

2. CG's defense attorney was allowed to present evidence of Bre Micciolo's use of methamphetamine but evidence of CG's abuse of heroin was disallowed by the court.

3. CG holds a Master's Degree in Special Ed. and had a brief career teaching math. His father is a retired NJ State Trooper. His parents live in a lavish home. Bre Micciolo believes CG received preferential treatment because of this and that it was the ultimate cause of Corey continuously being returned to him.

4. NJ's Department Of Children's Protection and Permanency (DCP&P) WAS COMPLETELY AWARE OF AND HAD SEEN THE TREADMILL VIDEO but not only was CG not arrested and charged with child abuse, THEY CONTINUED TO RETURN COREY TO HIM.

5. After multiple failed attempts to get DCP&P caseworkers to protect Corey, Corey's maternal grandmother told caseworkers she feared Corey would become "the next Gabriel Fernandez". She said the response was that they just looked at her weird, they obviously didn't know who Gabriel Fernandez was.

6. For people who think DCP&P just passed this off as another custody dispute with mudslinging, nope, in a addition to the treadmill video, there were 2 reports from mandatory reporters, Corey's pediatrician and Corey's teacher.

7. Earlier on the day he killed Corey, CG hotlined Bre, claiming she'd been coaching Corey to tell people he'd been hit by his father. Corey had never told anyone CG had hit him.

8. Prior to his murder, Corey's mother had made 100 calls to DCP&P about Corey returning home with suspicious looking bruises.

O.k., here's what I think happened. CG was impeccably polite to authority figures. He's articulate, he comes off seeming educated, he knows all the "buzz words" e.g. I have a masters degree, I'm a teacher, my father's a state trooper, my ex is an addict, blah, blah blah. The mother on the other hand got pregnant at 16, has admitted having a substance abuse problem and receives government assistance. They just didn't believe her and didn't want to back down and admit they'd been wrong.

Also, kind of off-topic but native Staten Islander here and can attest to that New Yorkers LOVE Mario Gallucci. He won a couple of high profile Staten Island murder cases while I lived there. I kind of doubted his Vinnie From Brooklyn routine would go over very well in a New Jersey courtroom though.
@Swirlz, thank you so much for posting this summary.

Last edited:

Corrected link

That is unbelievable!!!

I thought there was mandatory jail time for driving under the influence more than once!

What is going on here?

many of these are for reckless driving, driving while license was revoked, lack of registration, speeding, hit and run, DUI, several failures to use carseat or seatbelt with minor passenger, non functioning mirrors or lights, public drunkenness. around 2015 you start to see the drug/paraphanalia offenses. Then we get to the murder :( From his record it appears he had many opportunities to learnt o be a good citizen and follow the rules. Unfortunately I don't think he ever learned that lesson because he kept getting out of trouble (probably with lots of family help). It only served to further embolden him. JMO

Corrected link

Bre is so strong. Was hoping those words Corey said to the nurse would be a relevation.. alas, just a sweet little kid saying he had to pee.

The sentencing for this killer must be just. Glad Christopher Gregor is still in jail where he belongs! I despise hearing Mario talk tho... everything he says is so insincere.

Justice for Corey!!!

This is on YouTube too for those who don't want to use twitters.
CrimeFix with Bre speaking with Angenette.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back