GUILTY NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death #2 *NG murder, Guilty endangering welfare, agg manslaughter*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
blood cultures - can you tell teh jury the significance of a blood culture

Objection

denied he can talk about it briefly

Asking about grieving. State objects, overruled. People grieve differently.

Asking if CG leaving and coming back, his text messages, have anything to do with his finding on cause and manner of death. Dr. Baden says no.

Dr. Baden is dismissing the blood culture from the night before.

90 - 95% of the time in someone with pnuemonia it won't pick up a bacteria but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

touched by doctors, touched by staff, etc after death, does thaqt have anything to do with your findings? No.

Asks if all those things (texts, grieving, etc, etc) have significance on the cause and manner if death.

Dr. Baden says, yes, they have significance on the case but not on cause and manner of death.

is it true that not a single bit of the bruising has anything to do with Corey's death? yes.

Baden trying to explain that no bruising exists except that caused by CPR?!? Did I hear that correctly??

Dr. Baden is excused after testifying that there were only old bruises, no fresh bruises from within the last 24 hours, only bruises caused by CPR, including the damage to the heart and liver.

It'll be the jury's job to sort that out.

State is asking Dr. Baden if he reviewed 11 supplemental reports.

She keeps asking, he seems confused. Finally he agrees, he only reviewed one supplemental report.

She asks whether he reviewed reports from various LE agencies.

Quotes him, "the manner of death is riddled with details". He didn't recall saying that.

Asking about bruises on Corey. Asking about specific incidences.

Asking Dr. Baden about CG's internet searches about bruises...

....that Corey missed school for an unspecified reason...

State continues describing incidences of bruising...

Dr. Baden sometimes doesn't recall or didn't include it in his report because he didn't believe those injuries and bruises did not cause or contribute to his death.

Now talking specifically about Corey's pediatric appointment on April 1. Temp normal, breathing normal, no red throat, lungs clear, spleen and lymph nodes and liver weren't swollen. Less than 24 hours before he died. Doctor noted bruising.

E.R hospital. Corey was afraid, didn't want to answer doctors questions. Lungs clear, not wheezing, not in respiratory distress.... at least 12 bruises or lacerations on Corey's body
This should be the end of Baden’s career.

This should be the end of Baden’s career.
He's just too used to the adulation to see the writing on the wall. Who wants his last professional appearance to be described as confused. I hope that comes up in closing arguments, he was confused cuz he hadn't reviewed much of the supporting docs, whatever, just get the word confused in there. A few times.

Maybe Chrisopher figured out his attempts at connecting with the jury as the shuffled out for the noon break fell flat and he knew at that moment his goose is cooked, therefore he changed his mind about testifying.

He's just too used to the adulation to see the writing on the wall. Who wants his last professional appearance to be described as confused. I hope that comes up in closing arguments, he was confused cuz he hadn't reviewed much of the supporting docs, whatever, just get the word confused in there. A few times.
and the fact he was not given those things to review is telling IMO. He and his opinion were paid for and the documents provided for him to review were cherry picked by the defense. I hope that is not lost on the jury and that the pros will hammer that home in their closing.

Maybe Chrisopher figured out his attempts at connecting with the jury as the shuffled out for the noon break fell flat and he knew at that moment his goose is cooked, therefore he changed his mind about testifying.
I just don't think he ever was going to testify. I don't see the scenario where it would benefit him, except that jurors might tend to think a guy who had the bells to get up there wins a few points.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back