NM NM - Ingrid Lane, 37, Jemez Springs, 15 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“That keeps me up at night, because that’s awful,” said Scuderi. “It’s not unusual for her to go without contacting anyone for a day. Two days would be a little out of the ordinary, three was getting into like, I am extremely worried.”

Lane – a practicing Buddhist – took off to the Zen Center in Jemez Springs on Oct. 15.

Scuderi says he encouraged her to go because she had been struggling with sleep and her mental health.

“Ingrid is fantastic at taking care of others, and incredibly generous. But not good at taking care of herself,” Scuderi said.

But three days without hearing from her prompted Scuderi to call the police. He says an Apple air tag pinged and led investigators to her damaged car, and a couple of hunters.

“And they said ‘Hey we saw this woman, talked to her.’ She apparently flagged them down, said her car had got messed up. They helped her with a tire and um – offered to give her a ride back down to the main road which she didn’t take. Said she was really determined to get to the top of a mountain or a peak,” said Scuderi.

Her car had a spare tire on it, the back window was smashed with a rock in the back seat. Scuderi says it might be from his front yard in Albuquerque.

Scuderi says Lane has a rare lung condition that worsens when it gets cold out. The car was found on a remote forest road northwest of the Valles Caldera.

Husband rambles on about inconsequential things in his interview, but maybe he's just nervous being on camera.
Had it not been for the interaction with the hunters, I'd be a lot more concerned.

If Ingrid was struggling with mental health issues, as husband states - and she refused a ride, saying she needed to get to the top of a mountain. My thoughts are, Ingrid is likely somewhere close by and just hasn't been found yet. Someone else may have even given her a ride out of the two mile zone and she's further away than they think. The odd bits can be attributed to a person who is not thinking clearly.

Last edited:
Tracfone package was open. Maybe he meant the phone hadn't been taken out.

View attachment 458716
The book on the floor of the car is -

“How Long ’Til Black Future Month” — “Stone Hunger,” in which a young woman’s ability to tap into her vast continent’s seismic power brands her an outcast. “The world hates what she is; she learned that early on.” As in most of the stories here, the protagonist of “Stone Hunger” refuses to accept the sectarian role dictated by those who rule, or seem to rule, the broken world she inhabits.

Written by N.K. Jemisin

Anyone familar with this author & book?

The book on the floor of the car is -

“How Long ’Til Black Future Month” — “Stone Hunger,” in which a young woman’s ability to tap into her vast continent’s seismic power brands her an outcast. “The world hates what she is; she learned that early on.” As in most of the stories here, the protagonist of “Stone Hunger” refuses to accept the sectarian role dictated by those who rule, or seem to rule, the broken world she inhabits.

Written by N.K. Jemisin

Anyone familar with this author & book?
Never heard of her before, but "Stone Hunger" is only one of 22 short stories from the book.
ETA: Jemisin developed three of the stories, including "Stone Hunger", into full novels.

Last edited:
"She's my person. I don't know how better to put it than that," Scuderi told KOAT. He described his wife as one-of-a-kind, a love unmatched.
1699354602683.png
"She left the house very early in the morning, around five, 5:30 a.m. She told me she was going to the Bodhi Manda Zen Center in Jemez Springs, where she's lived at before, stayed many times and even stayed over there the week before for convenience because she works up in Los Alamos every once in a while," Ingrid Lane's husband Louis Scuderi said.

"I thought nothing of it. And I, in fact, was very encouraging of her going up there to do a meditation retreat. She'd had some real struggles recently, so I thought, that's a great, great idea. I just thought, 'She's up there, she's unplugging from her phone. I'm not going to interrupt that. But come, was it Tuesday? I think I called her mom and a couple of friends who hadn't heard from her, and I was starting to get worried. First thing Wednesday morning, I called the Zen Center, and they said that she had been there probably 8 or 9 a.m. that Sunday, but had left," Scuderi said.

So the husband interviewed on air for local new station - story is more interesting. I won't say my first impression of him.

But watch this and see what your gut tells you...

The car was more damaged than news articles say and a giant rock maybe her property was in the back seat and there was a unused burner phone in car.

???

My gut tells me my Hinky-meter flew through the roof

According to her sister, Ingrid did not say what mountain she wanted to hike. But her husband Louis Scuderi said that she went to the Bodhi Manda Zen Center.

Ingrid had stayed at the religious center many times before, and she told her husband at 5.30am that she was headed that way.

The Zen Center - which says it is a 'refuge that supports the spiritual growth of all' - confirmed to the husband that his wife had been there at around 9am, but she had left on Sunday.

Scuderi said: 'Ingrid is fantastic at taking care of others, and incredibly generous. But not good at taking care of herself.

'One very strange detail is that they found a burner phone in her car, but still in its package, not opened, not activated.

'That's a shock to me. That's a huge shock to me to find out.'
Missing hiker, 37, was last seen on remote New Mexico road.

"...Her car had a spare tire on it, the back window was smashed with a rock in the back seat. Scuderi says it might be from his front yard in Albuquerque...."

Question: What the heck is the husband implying about that rock? It looks like it weighs over 100 pounds....Moo

"...Her car had a spare tire on it, the back window was smashed with a rock in the back seat. Scuderi says it might be from his front yard in Albuquerque...."

Question: What the heck is the husband implying about that rock? It looks like it weighs over 100 pounds....Moo
It sounds as if he believes that Ingrid brought the big rock from home on her trip with her.

This is so sad. I hope Ingrid is located soon. I have happy memories of travels to Jemez Springs; the natural beauty there is spectacular. It seems she felt safe going off on her own from the Zen Center. Wishing for the best outcome.

Yes! We stopped at Soda Dam last Thanksgiving.

Overnight lows in the 20's, any mention of camping equipment or a coat?

No coat needed during the day, windbreaker or a light fleece plus sunscreen.

Just saw this case mentioned in another thread. I just want to clarify the timeline, she left at 5:30a 10/15 and was at the zen center that same morning around 9? Is that correct? Did the hunters have contact with her before or after the zen center?

Also, when did the husband report her missing, in his interview he said 3 days, so did he report her missing the 17th or 18th? When was her initial return expected? Was the airtag not on the entire time?

Sorry I know I just have a lot of questions, but the entire story is off/odd...

The Buddhist center is about an hour's drive from Albuquerque.

Wonder if she stopped for coffee on the way? Might provide an image of the car -- indicating when the damage occurred?

Likely northbound on I-25:

She was not on I-40 very long, or at all, but there are cameras:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14