NM NM - Ingrid Lane, 37, Jemez Springs, 15 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For some reason, I can't copy the quote about the sister saying she was bent on reaching a peak (or something or other).

IMO that excuse she gave to hunters was kinda random. She might have just wanted to be left alone to go incognito for a while. It sounds like her car was almost completely disabled; in her position, I would definitely bail on my adventure for the day and accept the ride.
The vehicle was drivable.

The packaging and phone were in the vehicle, which is at least circumstantial evidence that she bought it.
I have to admit, the stuff in the car seems staged. By whom, I don't know.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and burner phone packaging and rock just happen to be in a car of a missing person coincidentally. Strange things do happen.

jmo

I have to admit, the stuff in the car seems staged. By whom, I don't know.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and burner phone packaging and rock just happen to be in a car of a missing person coincidentally. Strange things do happen.

jmo
The rock is strange, since there is no sandstone in that part of the Jemez Mountains.

This is the most likely to me.

Wondering about the AirTag. Why is it in the car at all? Specially to locate the car when needed, or left behind from luggage, camera case, jacket pocket, etc.?
I’m wondering this, too. There are a few possible scenarios that don’t quite make sense. For context, the Find My app allows you to track many different things, including AirTags registered to you, the locations of people’s devices if they have chosen to share their location with you, and your computers and other Apple devices.

If it’s her AirTag, registered to her…
-Only she would be able to see it, under “Items” in her Find My app (unless he had her iCloud info to log in, or they shared an Apple ID/iCloud on two phones?)
-If she has an iPhone, he should already be able to see her location if she shared it with him in Find My (from her phone). Why the need for an AirTag, then, unless it was to track the car and not her? (And what’s the benefit of tracking her car separately?)

If the AirTag is registered to him…
-Why is it there, if he could use the Find My app to see her phone’s location without an AirTag? If it was tracking her keys or purse, wouldn’t the AirTag be registered/visible to her instead?
-Did she know it was there? There are safety functions meant to keep AirTags from being used to track people without their knowledge, like messages that pop up on your iPhone if an AirTag is traveling with you that is registered to someone else, but they can be disabled on the phone.

One thing that might help clarify the location aspect: even if an AirTag doesn’t currently have a nearby iPhone to report its location, the “last seen” location is often visible in the Find My app with a date and time. So if someone had passed by with an iPhone the day before, that location might still show in the app even if the location isn’t up to date.

MOO

Last edited:
I’m wondering this, too. There are a few possible scenarios that don’t quite make sense. For context, the Find My app allows you to track many different things, including AirTags registered to you, the locations of people’s devices if they have chosen to share their location with you, and your computers and other Apple devices.

If it’s her AirTag, registered to her…
-Only she would be able to see it, under “Items” in her Find My app (unless he had her iCloud info to log in, or they shared an Apple ID/iCloud on two phones?)
-If she has an iPhone, he should already be able to see her location if she shared it with him in Find My (from her phone). Why the need for an AirTag, then, unless it was to track the car and not her? (And what’s the benefit of tracking her car separately?)

If the AirTag is registered to him…
-Why is it there, if he could use the Find My app to see her phone’s location without an AirTag? If it was tracking her keys or purse, wouldn’t the AirTag be registered/visible to her instead?
-Did she know it was there? There are safety functions meant to keep AirTags from being used to track people without their knowledge, like messages that pop up on your iPhone if an AirTag is traveling with you that is registered to someone else, but they can be disabled on the phone.

One thing that might help clarify the location aspect: even if an AirTag doesn’t currently have a nearby iPhone to report its location, the “last seen” location is often visible in the Find My app with a date and time. So if someone had passed by with an iPhone the day before, that location might still show in the app even if the location isn’t up to date.

MOO
You can now share AirTags across multiple iCloud accounts. I believe this is a new feature in iOS 17 (which was released in September). So, it's possible that they were both able see the AirTag location.

As far as why the AirTag was in the car...I think the earlier suggestion that it was to track the vehicle in case it was stolen is probably the most likely explanation. It's one of the most common use cases suggested for Bluetooth trackers, along with attaching one to your pet's collar or sticking one in your luggage.

You can now share AirTags across multiple iCloud accounts. I believe this is a new feature in iOS 17 (which was released in September). So, it's possible that they were both able see the AirTag location.

As far as why the AirTag was in the car...I think the earlier suggestion that it was to track the vehicle in case it was stolen is probably the most likely explanation. It's one of the most common use cases suggested for Bluetooth trackers, along with attaching one to your pet's collar or sticking one in your luggage.
Oh, Ingrid didn't have the AirTag with her, but it was in her car? Well, that puts the kibosh on whether she can be found via an AirTag....We already know where her car is.

Am I understanding correctly that the back window was already broken when she encountered the hunters? Therefore it wasn't done by someone who came upon a broken-down car later and broke in? If so, I am really curious how the back window ended up broken. I know she told the hunters she "messed up" her car. Does that mean she broke it somehow, either in an accident or...?

IMO a flat tire is not unusual especially driving on those dirt or back roads. Heck, I feel like I get one flat tire every year or two just driving around my city and going over a nail or something. But the broken back window is out of the usual. Did she stop somewhere previously and someone tried to break into her car through the back window? And she just didn't mention that to the hunters? However, it would be odd to me to not call police if I find my back window broken.

This is my timeline, but that article is saying she stayed 10/14 at the zen center. But the husband reported she left home at 5-5:30 on 10/15. I'll link & quote the article below. So now I'm super curious about when she actually left and how that isn't set in stone.

10/15 5-5:30a She left home
10/15 9a left the zen center
10/15 2pm the hunters talked to her
10/18 husband reported her missing
10/18 car located via air tag

Lane – a practicing Buddhist – took off to the Zen Center in Jemez Springs on Oct. 15.
Husband asks for help after wife goes missing in Jemez Mountains

Zen centre says she stayed there the 14th...husband days she left home on the 15th...??????? What????

Zen centre says she stayed there the 14th...husband days she left home on the 15th...??????? What????
I'm pretty sure that she stayed at the center overnight.

It's over an hour's drive between Albuquerque and Jemez Springs, so to arrive after 6:30 and leave at 9 wouldn't make a whole lot of sense and would almost certainly have been remarked upon by the center's director who said she was in a good frame of mind. Also, 10/14 was a Saturday. Assuming that Ingrid worked a regular work week, she would likely want to maximize her time off as opposed to arriving on a Sunday.

An article from another source says that she "visited a meditation center in Jemez Springs days before she was reported missing" and the quote from the husband says she left in the morning, but doesn't actually mention the date: "She left the house very early in the morning, around five, 5:30 a.m. She told me she was going to the Bodhi Manda Zen Center in Jemez Springs, where she's lived at before, stayed many times and even stayed over there the week before for convenience because she works up in Los Alamos every once in a while."

IMO, it's not really suspicious so much. It's just miscommunication between the husband and the reporter. Watching the KOB4 video report, the news channel seemed more focused on the 'human interest' aspects of the story (how the couple met, video of them playing music together, discussion of the house they recently bought) and not the actual facts.

Am I understanding correctly that the back window was already broken when she encountered the hunters? Therefore it wasn't done by someone who came upon a broken-down car later and broke in? If so, I am really curious how the back window ended up broken. I know she told the hunters she "messed up" her car. Does that mean she broke it somehow, either in an accident or...?

IMO a flat tire is not unusual especially driving on those dirt or back roads. Heck, I feel like I get one flat tire every year or two just driving around my city and going over a nail or something. But the broken back window is out of the usual. Did she stop somewhere previously and someone tried to break into her car through the back window? And she just didn't mention that to the hunters? However, it would be odd to me to not call police if I find my back window broken.
It seemed fairly clear that the window was broken intentionally at the location where the vehicle was found, almost certainly by her. Reason unknown.

I'm pretty sure that she stayed at the center overnight.

It's over an hour's drive between Albuquerque and Jemez Springs, so to arrive after 6:30 and leave at 9 wouldn't make a whole lot of sense and would almost certainly have been remarked upon by the center's director who said she was in a good frame of mind. Also, 10/14 was a Saturday. Assuming that Ingrid worked a regular work week, she would likely want to maximize her time off as opposed to arriving on a Sunday.

An article from another source says that she "visited a meditation center in Jemez Springs days before she was reported missing" and the quote from the husband says she left in the morning, but doesn't actually mention the date: "She left the house very early in the morning, around five, 5:30 a.m. She told me she was going to the Bodhi Manda Zen Center in Jemez Springs, where she's lived at before, stayed many times and even stayed over there the week before for convenience because she works up in Los Alamos every once in a while."

IMO, it's not really suspicious so much. It's just miscommunication between the husband and the reporter. Watching the KOB4 video report, the news channel seemed more focused on the 'human interest' aspects of the story (how the couple met, video of them playing music together, discussion of the house they recently bought) and not the actual facts.
As I’m sure you all know, witness reports are notoriously unreliable, becoming more so over time. The initial information from the Bohdi Manda Zen Center was that she arrived and left on Sunday morning, which is consistent with her husband’s account. I would lean towards that timeline being correct.

This is my timeline, but that article is saying she stayed 10/14 at the zen center. But the husband reported she left home at 5-5:30 on 10/15. I'll link & quote the article below. So now I'm super curious about when she actually left and how that isn't set in stone.

10/15 5-5:30a She left home
10/15 9a left the zen center

Lane – a practicing Buddhist – took off to the Zen Center in Jemez Springs on Oct. 15.
Husband asks for help after wife goes missing in Jemez Mountains

So rather,
10/14 5-5:30a She left home
10/15 9a left zen centre

Thanks ya'll.

Talking about the hunters and the airtag -- would they have to have apple phones? It wouldn't work if they had android phones, correct? Do we know what type of phones they had? Just reading this whole thread tonight so sorry if I am going over something that is resolved or closed as far as discussion already.

Maybe she didn't take a ride with the hunters for safety reasons? A woman alone might feel wary getting in a vehicle with two men (even if they had helped put air in the tire). Maybe she figured if she got to the peak she wanted to visit, she would have good enough reception there to call her husband or someone else to come help her?

Have the hunters said anything about her mindset or behavior that might have seemed concerning? Did they see her walk away from her car because it seems like they were generally in that area for days if they flagged down the tow truck driver.

Imo.

The most recent post from Ingrid's sister on her Facebook missing page is from Nov 14. Other than that there doesn't seem to be anything recent in the media about this disappearance.

Kelsey Lane's post:

Update: We haven't found Ingrid yet, but the search is ongoing. A few new details:
Ingrid was last seen wearing grey fleece jacket, black jogger pants, grey knit hat/beanie.
The news media and social media momentum brought forward some new tips, but they all corroborated Ingrid being at her broken-down car on Sunday, Oct 15 around 12-2-ish and then walking uphill. There was evidence she made it a mile up FR 144, so she was heading north. We're still not sure which mountain or peak was the destination, or if she was just getting to high ground and a pretty view. Technology and online accounts have still shown no activity. We're still hoping someone saw her after Sunday afternoon or gave her a ride and can give us more direction on where to look.
Incredible locals, SAR folks, etc. are still searching - in jeeps, trucks, on foot, with drones and dogs. THANK YOU! We appreciate you! New Mexicans have been very kind to us.

402642210_10103251796530491_28013756089103603_n.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli