GUILTY NM - Omaree Varela, 9, called 911 before dying of abuse, Albuquerque, 27 Dec 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE had the chance to save Omaree and did not. Instead, they let the mom and stepdad yak and yak. Then LE more or less patted them on the back saying either you seem like a decent family or you are a decent family, then merrily went on their way. Didn't even bother to listen to Omaree's 911 call before responding.

What they should have done was listen to the 911 call, then respond, call CPS (or whatever it is called there) and wait until they got there. Omaree should have gotten his chance to say what had happened to him, IMO. He deserved to be listened to.

My late husband was retired LE night commander. I was on my parish Sheriff's Department for 10 years. I can guarantee you no one I know would have responded this way. I almost always defend LE because they generally do a good job and are good people, but as with any large group, there are the bad ones that need to be weeded out. The LE who did respond were a couple who seemed to just want to get through their shift with as little work or reports as possible. They knew who this guy was related to and knew who he was. There is no excuse.

I am in agreement that everyone involved in sweeping the abuse under the rug should be fired and certainly did not do their duty.

I started to post when I first heard of this but I was too angry not to get out of line with TOS here. I've calmed down but still angry as hell and want to see justice done.

Rest in Heavenly peace, Omaree. You are loved by even strangers who did not know you but would have done something if they'd known the horror you were forced to live in.

MOO

New report: Omaree kicked while unconscious
CYFD report shares new details in Omaree Varela Case

Omaree's body showed several signs of abuse, including cigarette burns to the chest and face, bite marks on his arms and bruising above his genitals, according to the report.

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-report-omaree-kicked-while-unconscious/25996846#ixzz31ruOIc1n

This news just about killed me. I am heartbroken and devastsed at the thought of what this sweet little guy lived through.

His life was like being a prisoner of war- grown adults lost their sanity over situations like his.

I am crying my eyes out now.

Thank you everyone here for keeping Omaree in the forefront- it matters.

LE had the chance to save Omaree and did not. Instead, they let the mom and stepdad yak and yak. Then LE more or less patted them on the back saying either you seem like a decent family or you are a decent family, then merrily went on their way. Didn't even bother to listen to Omaree's 911 call before responding.

What they should have done was listen to the 911 call, then respond, call CPS (or whatever it is called there) and wait until they got there. Omaree should have gotten his chance to say what had happened to him, IMO. He deserved to be listened to.

My late husband was retired LE night commander. I was on my parish Sheriff's Department for 10 years. I can guarantee you no one I know would have responded this way. I almost always defend LE because they generally do a good job and are good people, but as with any large group, there are the bad ones that need to be weeded out. The LE who did respond were a couple who seemed to just want to get through their shift with as little work or reports as possible. They knew who this guy was related to and knew who he was. There is no excuse.

I am in agreement that everyone involved in sweeping the abuse under the rug should be fired and certainly did not do their duty.

I started to post when I first heard of this but I was too angry not to get out of line with TOS here. I've calmed down but still angry as hell and want to see justice done.

Rest in Heavenly peace, Omaree. You are loved by even strangers who did not know you but would have done something if they'd known the horror you were forced to live in.

MOO

What is the protocol on this, do you know? I didn't think cops ever got to hear the 911 calls - the dispatcher hears it, then dispatches appropriate services. So would a cop ever have a chance to hear it? If, when the cop got there everything looked fine, like a family squabble, and there are no bruises and nothing that appears terribly amiss, what happens then?

Is there a CPS oversight that goes back and puts the call together with the officers findings?

I know my kids have accidentally dialed 911 twice (we have a 918 exchange here, 911 is often misdialed) and when the child said oh sorry wrong number and hung up, cops came to the house nearly immediately and asked to speak to the child who had dialed. They were nice about it, but it was clear a child calling 911 would have the chance to speak to an officer.
It would be an appropriate second-tier basket to catch those cases of abuses that fall through the cracks if there was a revisit of the police report and the 911 call recording by another department.

Justice for Omaree <3

a01_jd_26mar_omaree2-400x396.jpg

http://www.abqjournal.com/374353/news/autopsy-omaree-suffered-savage-beating.html

This poor child had told his teachers, he had called 911 for help; he did everything a 9 year old could do to reach out. Everybody let him down. This makes me so angry. Those officers that did not want to take the time to listen to the 911 call and then went to his home and lied about how long they stayed and then did nothing should be charged with something like involuntary manslaughter....they contributed to his suffering and death. I know that won't happen, and is not realistic, but is something I wanted to say because it's how I feel.

Oh man. I hate reading stuff like this. This breaks my heart. This little man has done everything he could to help him, he called 911, told his teachers at school..... nothing was done. He reached out and asked for help. Nothing was done!! and now the officers are having a paid vacation - typical.

What was going through his head when his mum was kicking him to death? everyone failed him.

Poor little man RIP Omaree :(

edit to say, all the photos we see of him, there is no smile :(

Oh man. I hate reading stuff like this. This breaks my heart. This little man has done everything he could to help him, he called 911, told his teachers at school..... nothing was done. He reached out and asked for help. Nothing was done!! and now the officers are having a paid vacation - typical.

What was going through his head when his mum was kicking him to death? everyone failed him.

Poor little man RIP Omaree :(

edit to say, all the photos we see of him, there is no smile :(

The sad sad life of the children forced to live with their criminal parents. This must change in our generation. Please!?

The Tragic Case of Omaree Varela
Posted: 06/27/2014 12:33 pm EDT

Omaree Varela was a 9-year-old boy living in abusive conditions in his mother's and stepfather's home in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We know he died of blunt-force trauma after being kicked to death by his mother, Synthia Varela-Casaus. Let me repeat those words: Kicked. To. Death. KICKED. To. Death. By his own mother.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbara-alvarez/the-tragic-case-of-omaree_b_5534857.html

Thank you HauntsForHope for your dedication to Omaree and his thread.

His sweet soul is at peace. I pray each day for justice.

:rose:

#RIPOmaree

:candle:

:praying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you HauntsForHope for your dedication to Omaree and his thread.

His sweet soul is at peace. I pray each day for justice.

#RIPOmaree

Thanks! I will stay on this until Justice is served to them both.

Casaus.jpg
ht_cynthia_varela_casaus_sr_140206_16x9_608.jpg

Ravaged by meth: The terrible toll of drug on mother who 'stomped her son, 9, to death' after abusing drugs since she was 15

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mother-stomped-son-9-death.html#ixzz379cViz45
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:tyou: HauntsForHope for posting such a beautiful picture of a smiling, happy Omaree into the thread!
:heartluv:

I will forever choose to remember him this way :tears:

The quest for :justice: that remains before us remains. I know I am not alone in my anger, disbelief, and inability to understand how these failure were allowed to occur over and over again. :no:

Omaree, you are loved! I know you are in a place that now allows you to be free from pain and suffering. I can't find the words to express how sorry I am for your inexcusably horrible suffering. You are a Forever Angel who deserved to live a long and happy life here on this earth. :cry:

Fly high, Little One!

#RIPOmaree

#JusticeForOmaree

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online