NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the plate # of the car that DB drove when the man on Standpipe ran him off his land. He said he got the plate number and must have run it to know that it belonged to DB. We can get the VIN and see if the car was ever re-registered again or transfered or disappeared.

Below the picture of D McG there is some information about his life. Is that from the obit and is there more to the article that was not included?

Below the picture of D McG there is some information about his life. Is that from the obit and is there more to the article that was not included?

that is the information that Charles Titus sent me....he didn't send the front page...must have had something in it that he didn't want me to have!

Ys, I sent you a PM.

I've looked up the address of Truett Hughes...WDB friend...according to the original investigative reports he lived at 804 Legion Avenue. This is in the statement WDB gave the police on August 13, 1961

That's the statement Blair gave but Google doesn't recognize any Legion Ave. I think Bobbi said it was near CARC farm or something like that, but I would have no idea where that might be.

Glad to see you up and posting.

Did you ever talk to Short? Mayve what she had to say was in all those pages. I keep trying to go back and reread, but am going very slow at it this time around.

Post 526 is of an August 20, 1961 newspaper article titled "Will Girl's Murder Join List of Unsolved Crimes?" In it there is the statement "Those countless leads to date have not turned up a definite clue to the identity of the killer. They may never do so." This is only one week after the discovery of the bodies and already the community thinks the crime will go unsolved! It seems like people were already giving up.

Sure sounds like it, Tom. I have to wonder at LE interviewing Melton for 2 hours, but then taking only those short statements from Blair. I find that kind of odd. And then 10 years later, not a single interview had survived according to those 3 detectives in 1972. That's just unheard of. Well that can't be right. We have the Bunnell interview, but where are the rest?

9-24-200991535PMnewspaperarticles.jpg

Newspaper articles continued

SS1950, in Post #522 newspaper article, column 2, there is a paragraph that says, "Physical evidence at the site......the girls bodies were found ....... and it was cold." Do you have the rest of the article that would explain what they found that was cold? The right margin of the page is cut off.

Glad you're back!

With regard to the missing records, I just read that the detectives said not a single record had survived prior to 1972. Within the past couple of years, I attempted to get a forty year old police report on a different matter. I was told then that no records were available prior to 1972. I asked if I might speak to the Sheriff and was told, "He won't know anything about that - he's new." I have first hand experience in dealing with this Sheriff's Office, and although it pales in comparison to yours, I can somehow relate to your frustration.

What happened to the records prior to 1972? Even if they did "purge," they shouldn't have purged an "open" investigation's records, especially one involving homicide, or any death for that matter. Was there a fire? Records stolen? Damaged? Where are the records?

This should be of concern to the Attorney General's Office.

It was mentioned earlier that W.D.B. went to the Hamilton Station on Sunday morning (but it was closed) and "drank a 7up". I'm thinking that the soda machine could have been out in front of the station as most of them were and still are. Also, a pay phone was probably out front too. Just a quick thought.

Sure sounds like it, Tom. I have to wonder at LE interviewing Melton for 2 hours, but then taking only those short statements from Blair. I find that kind of odd. And then 10 years later, not a single interview had survived according to those 3 detectives in 1972. That's just unheard of. Well that can't be right. We have the Bunnell interview, but where are the rest?

SS1950 said that "the new sheriff decided it was time to clean house".

I am bothered that when the FBI lab tested the clothing samples that they found evidence of semen, but no evidence of spermatazoa. Old dna samples have convicted killers before so that makes me wonder if the girls' killer had had a vasectomy?

I wasn't aware that that operation was popular back then mainly cause I was a kid myself, but it could be possible. It could also be possible that the killer didn't produce sperm for some other physical reason.

Here's an article that may offer some clues.
http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-themd7-2008jul07,0,1828171.story
And here's a history of the vasectomy:
http://www.vasectomy-information.com/moreinfo/history.htm

note to Bobbi, thanks! For some reason, there is no thanks icon coming up on your posts for me to click on.

SS1950, on Post 522's newspaper article, column 2, there is a paragraph that says, "Physical evidence at the scene ....... and it was cold." Do you have the rest of the article that would explain what they found that was cold? The right margin of the page is cut off.

Glad you're back!

No...this is all I have. My Aunt Bobbie had these clippings in a scrapbook...I have tried to get them from her daughter...but haven't succeeded yet. Aunt Bobbie has Alzhiemer's now and is in a nursing home in Los Alamos...but she doesn't know anyone...so sad. She could tell you so much...now it's all lost.

thanks for well wishes. I'm doing good.

SS1950 said that "the new sheriff decided it was time to clean house".

That and the place where they took everyone to do polygraph tests was broken into and ONLY those tapes were took. So you see it gets deeper.
In Lubbucl, Texas.

With regard to the missing records, I just read that the detectives said not a single record had survived prior to 1972. Within the past couple of years, I attempted to get a forty year old police report on a different matter. I was told then that no records were available prior to 1972. I asked if I might speak to the Sheriff and was told, "He won't know anything about that - he's new." I have first hand experience in dealing with this Sheriff's Office, and although it pales in comparison to yours, I can somehow relate to your frustration.

What happened to the records prior to 1972? Even if they did "purge," they shouldn't have purged an "open" investigation's records, especially one involving homicide, or any death for that matter. Was there a fire? Records stolen? Damaged? Where are the records?

This should be of concern to the Attorney General's Office.

I think the records are there...I just think the last sheriff...Waller....wouldn't help me with obtaining them...I think he really got mad when he found out how much the investigator sold me...that is my opinion...
I can't get anyone to speak to me at the sheriff's dept...I leave messages on voice mail and all that ...but as soon as I tell them my name I'm put to the answering machines.
Now...I'm willing to write a letter to the Attorney General again...but I'm not sure what to say....you all might have to help me on this....with the language of this case...what I want...etc.

I know it's getting to the point where we have hashed everything out that we can...we need answers to questions....right?

That is from the obit...again CTitus sent me that...minus the front page.

That's the statement Blair gave but Google doesn't recognize any Legion Ave. I think Bobbi said it was near CARC farm or something like that, but I would have no idea where that might be.

Glad to see you up and posting.

Did you ever talk to Short? Mayve what she had to say was in all those pages. I keep trying to go back and reread, but am going very slow at it this time around.

Short? Are you talking about Scott? If so no I haven't talked to her...the investigator talked to her...also the detective in '72...Tulley talked with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123