NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, SS1950, that answers my questions, and changes what I thought about the auto accident. Do you have any of the particulars on the rape he committed? Age of victim? Where the crime was committed, her home or elsewhere?

What's important is to establish whether or not this was a stranger rape or if the victim had known DB, had gone out with him, despite him being married.....you know, a date type rape vs. a stranger breaking into a house type rape. It changes everything if the victim was mad at him for something else, and accused him of rape. There are vindictive women out there so that has to be considered. Obviously, he was convicted, but the circumstances surrounding that conviction are important.

I don't know the circumstances around the rape...but I do know he didn't get prison time for the rape at his trail...he was on probation...or whatever they call it...when he left the state of NM and went out of state ...he was picked up and brought back to NM...then put in prison for breaking his probation. As far as the girl that he raped ....the story is this....she was underage...got pregnant by DB....and that's all I know. But I also heard he raped a teacher's daughter to...but I don't know if this is the same rape or girl.....
Someone would have to go look at his record to know those things...and his exwife said that his rap sheet was at least a mile long....

SS1950, do you have or can you get the address where Nichols was living in Wichita Falls?

I found a listing for an 11 yr. old boy who went missing, Dec. 9, 1961, Scott Andreas Sims. Just a hunch, but it gives his address as 4600 Stanford. If Nichols lived anywhere near this child's house, it may give Wichita Falls LE a new lead to discovering what happened to Scott Sims. That little boy has never been found.

SS1950, do you have or can you get the address where Nichols was living in Wichita Falls?

I found a listing for an 11 yr. old boy who went missing, Dec. 9, 1961, Scott Andreas Sims. Just a hunch, but it gives his address as 4600 Stanford. If Nichols lived anywhere near this child's house, it may give Wichita Falls LE a new lead to discovering what happened to Scott Sims. That little boy has never been found.

Nichols' address was 1315 30th Street, Wichita Falls, TX according to his Texas Death Certificate, which can be found under public records at http://pilot.familysearch.org/recor...Wichita, Texas, United States;surname=Nichols .

Good work, justthinkin. This is actually a very promising development because according to articles I have found online, the Wichita Falls, TX Police Dept. sounds like they would welcome information and new tips - and is interested in working the leads. I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing about Nichols being in the area and his family's suspicion of him being involved in Mattie's and Patty's murders, as well as the attempted molestation in California - and anything else the Nichols' family can relay.

This could be the "break" we've been looking for in the form of involvement by an outside law enforcement agency, especially in investigating Nichols' development as a suspect and conducting interviews and gathering statements from his family - and even providing ECSO with a little "peer pressure" to get things moving. Hopefully, someone will also contact Scott Andreas (Andy) Sims' half brother, who has spent years looking for answers himself.

What a great tool this thread will be to assist LE and others in getting up to speed with the girls' case and our websleuthing efforts.

Please keep us updated...

I just Googled the Wichita Falls Tx. street map and got driving directions from 1315 30th St. (Nichols address) to the Sims house at 4600 Stanford....shocking, they lived less than 4 miles apart!!

From an online article regarding the 1961 disappearance of the Wichita Falls boy, Scott Andreas (Andy) Sims: "If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Wichita Falls Police Department Detective Tony Fox 940-761-7792"

Maybe as a retired police officer, Andy's half brother, Steve D., can help open some doors, in conjunction with the Wichita Falls Police Department's Detective Tony Fox. Additionally, the reporter with the Wichita Falls Times Record News who wrote the article on Andy's disappearance would probably be very interested in hearing about this board and a possible tie in with Nichols for follow up/investigative leads to her original story. Media people also have a way of making things happen...

I found a listing for Steve Douglass: 3583 Panama Dr. Westerville, Ohio 43081 (age 57). The phone number for the Gahanna PD is 614-342-4240, Ltnt. Jeff Spence ( jeff.spence@gahanna.gov) I hope this is the right listing for Steve Douglass, it's the only one. I was born and raised in Ohio and know that Westerville is near Gahanna.

Wichita Falls LE is the proper authority to call.

Bobbi, giving a private person's phone number out is against the terms of service of WS. Remove it if you still can. If you can't, contact a MOD, and have them remove it.

I put a call into Detective Fox at Wichita Falls LE. He is in school all this week. I did give the info to the person who answered to forward to him. She took my name and phone number, but said it would most likely be Monday before Detective Fox got back with me.

I'm hoping, SS1950, that you will call him also since you are the one he really needs to speak with, not me. You can give him the names, phone numbers and addresses of the daughter and granddaughter as well as your own.

If those ladies are serious about their implications of their father/grandfather in the NM slayings, then statements to that effect will need to be secured by LE right away.

The woman I spoke with wanted to know the connection between EDN, Carlsbad and Wichita Falls. I could only tell her EDN was a POI.

There is nothing to directly link him to the Sims boy's disappearance, but that he was down at The Beach, saw the girls the evening they disappeared, and having had some problem in CA concerning a molestation, does make him someone to be looked into in the Sims boy's disappearance.

It is a shame that relatively few cases before 1970 are listed for any state. If they were we might find other cases that would support EDN as a POI in a number of unexplained disappearances or unsolved homicides. Certainly his kin were scattered all over. I've looked for cold cases in the towns where they were reported as living upon his death, but came up with nothing to support SS1950's case or the Sims case.

EDN's age is still problematic for me, but different people age differently so I can make no claim as to his health or what he was capable of at age 74. He could've enjoyed outstanding health until his fatal coronary.

Wichita Falls LE is the proper authority to call.

Bobbi, giving a private person's phone number out is against the terms of service of WS. Remove it if you still can. If you can't, contact a MOD, and have them remove it.

Thanks 'justthinkin' I didn't know that as I have seen other posts with private phone #'s in them, Ruth Scott in Silver City for one...."that phone number is still viable". I posted S.D.'s number in case SS1950 wanted to use it but I will send her p.m.'s with personal info from now on, thanks again.

You're quite welcome, Bobbi. I keep having to go back over the terms of service myself, just in case I forget something. Die hard WS fans have been banned before. I love this place, so the last thing I want to do is to get called on the carpet for something. I would stoop to begging if that's what it came to. My allegiance is to WS. All Hail Tricia! Seriously, this is the only sleuthing group I belong to because IMO it's the best.

SS1950, you can call any day this week, and leave your number with Doreen. She'll see to it that Detective Fox gets the message. If two of us call, surely he's going to sit up and take notice.

You're quite welcome, Bobbi. I keep having to go back over the terms of service myself, just in case I forget something. Die hard WS fans have been banned before. I love this place, so the last thing I want to do is to get called on the carpet for something. I would stoop to begging if that's what it came to. My allegiance is to WS. All Hail Tricia! Seriously, this is the only sleuthing group I belong to because IMO it's the best.

SS1950, you can call any day this week, and leave your number with Doreen. She'll see to it that Detective Fox gets the message. If two of us call, surely he's going to sit up and take notice.

Okay...thanks for the information on this case.

I imagine we're all anxious to hear how things progress with the Wichita Falls PD in this - I know I am.

Please let us know, SS1950, if we need to get back to the drawing board. This new development will hopefully swing open the doors in getting things done on your case, but if not let us know. We still have work we can do on this.

I was reading the other day and found several sources that indicate many sexual molesters are impotent. Although molestation is indeed a sexual perversion, these offenders reportedly act out their rage on their victims, blaming them for their own inadequacies - thus the mutilation or torture involved in some cases. With semen found on the girls, perhaps this wasn't the case - but, if they discover through more thorough testing that there is not ample semen or spermatoza, this could be an explanation.

This same source said that many child molesters choose their smaller victims so they can hurt them without being hurt in return - and that it is not all about the sex, but also about power and control - and rage.

When comparing the photos of Patty Pritz (the one on the website set up in hers and Mattie's honor) and the photo of the Sims boy, "Andy," I noted a strong facial resemblance.

They said that Andy was wearing a stocking cap and bundled up in a coat the day he disappeared. Could it be that he was mistaken for a girl by the perp, until it was too late and he would have already been implicated as a child abductor if identified by the child? I have heard no mention that Nichols would have been interested in boys, so I've wondered about this.

Perhaps the perp was not as "proud" of this crime, so took more efforts at concealing the body of the boy. Also, if the perp was from the area he might take greater efforts at hiding a body than would someone who was "visiting" or just "passing through."

I do think law enforcement should check out the property where Nichols lived, in case there is evidence still existing, and look for possible burial sites on the property - but since this is Investigation 101, hopefully they will do this soon.

I just called the Wichita Falls Police Dept. and talked to a Molly about the Simms case. I can say they didn't seem to willing to listen to my story...so I don't know if this lead will go anywhere. I guess we can only only hope and pray that they will take it serious. They did take my name and telephone number.

I just called the Wichita Falls Police Dept. and talked to a Molly about the Simms case. I can say they didn't seem to willing to listen to my story...so I don't know if this lead will go anywhere. I guess we can only only hope and pray that they will take it serious. They did take my name and telephone number.

Okay Detective Fox just called me back and we talked about the Nichols guy and about Mattie and Patty's case. He thanked me for calling and letting them know about the Nichols man...so I guess we'll see what happens. He was very nice.

When comparing the photos of Patty Pritz (the one on the website set up in hers and Mattie's honor) and the photo of the Sims boy, "Andy," I noted a strong facial resemblance.

They said that Andy was wearing a stocking cap and bundled up in a coat the day he disappeared. Could it be that he was mistaken for a girl by the perp, until it was too late and he would have already been implicated as a child abductor if identified by the child? I have heard no mention that Nichols would have been interested in boys, so I've wondered about this.

Perhaps the perp was not as "proud" of this crime, so took more efforts at concealing the body of the boy. Also, if the perp was from the area he might take greater efforts at hiding a body than would someone who was "visiting" or just "passing through."

I do think law enforcement should check out the property where Nichols lived, in case there is evidence still existing, and look for possible burial sites on the property - but since this is Investigation 101, hopefully they will do this soon.

Wow, you're right, Legacy. Same shape face, same high foreheads, similar shaped eyebrows, and mouths, and chins. They look like they could be brother and sister easily.

I doubt that Andy could've been mistaken for a girl. Clothing back in those days was still gender specific. I don't think he drowned either or his body would've been found.

ITA that Nichols old place should have one of those scans that detects disturbed earth.

Wow, you're right, Legacy. Same shape face, same high foreheads, similar shaped eyebrows, and mouths, and chins. They look like they could be brother and sister easily.

I doubt that Andy could've been mistaken for a girl. Clothing back in those days was still gender specific. I don't think he drowned either or his body would've been found.

ITA that Nichols old place should have one of those scans that detects disturbed earth.

A scan of the property might be difficult if the area has changed that much. didn't one of you say the area had been developed since this young boys disappearence? It would be great if a scan could be done though.

According to Google Earth, 1315 30th. St. is now a wooded, vacant lot or it was when the satellite view was captured. It's probably several years old--that view.

Just look at all the parks within a few blocks of the Sims boy's residence on Stanford - five of them, plus the lake. We've already established through what his family has said that Nichols liked to hang out near parks (even where there are parks near water) watching young people - or at least that is what he was reported to be doing in Carlsbad in August of 1961, just four months prior to "Andy's" disappearance. In fact, the neighborhood where this young boy lived shows the greatest number of parks in the closest proximity in the entire city of Wichita Falls, Texas. This area could be considered a predator's dream.

Of course, I don't know how many of these were there in 1961, but I find this very interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay