NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I show CT's brother had children in 1958 and 1963 in Reeves County, Texas (where Pecos is located), so I would assume he was living in Pecos or a smaller surrounding town during those years.
yes, their father was a highway developer...? He planned and developed the main highway that goes through that area...CT told me that once....then he decided to not tell me anymore family things. THey have two sisters....which I had found on an obituary...F. McCasland, and E. Smidtz (sp?)..McCasland is deceased. Does anyone remember a pe teacher we had at Eisenhower school by the name Smidtz? I thought maybe she was CT sister...but not sure about that.

Sunshine, there was another sister to C. Titus named H. Hildreth also deceased.

carlsbad native, can you remember if Connie was still dating a guy named Davie Cathey at they time the girls were killed?...and how old he was? Yes, SS1950, I remember the Schmidts Both PE teachers Darlene and William. Will tell you in person about them if you would like...

Carlsbad native, Do you still have year books of your high school and jr high?

Carlsbad native, can you remember if Connie was still dating a guy named Davie Cathey at they time the girls were killed?...and how old he was? Yes, SS1950, I remember the Schmidts Both PE teachers Darlene and William. Will tell you in person about them if you would like...

Hi, I think the Pritz lived on a street called Lewis Avenue (Now named Mountain View) when Patty was born. I may be wrong but this is what I remember. David Cathey also lived on that street...he lived on the corner of 8th and Lewis. When I was born in 1946, we lived at the end of the street. It was a dead end then. I knew David (called Davie later on) all of my early life, but I lost touch with him when we moved to the country when I was probably 11 yrs old. I don't remember her ever going with him, at least she wasn't later on when we were in high school (to my knowledge) because she went to the dances. David is probably 64-65 years old now because he is at least two years older than me.

I do have my yearbooks-- somewhere. I will need to look for them. I haven't seen them in years. But I will try to find them. It may take a while....smile.

I remember the Wheelers from my youth. I believe if I remember correctly one on them had an untimely death also. That is why the dates of Pasty's death given on here earlier do not seem familiar to me. Walking from Mesquite to Pate was quite a walk or is it known if anyone gave them a ride?

From a website on the internet relating to Hawkins and his brother, Oscar:

"... Henry Oscar Hawkins ("Oscar") who was a career FBI agent in the early days of that agency. Rising in the ranks under Director J. Edgar Hoover, Oscar served as Special Agent in Charge of the Cleveland, Houston and Albuquerque field offices."

"... Carl Hawkins worked in the family mortuary ultimately leaving that business to become a deputy sheriff in Eddy County, New Mexico. Subsequently he was elected Eddy Country Sheriff for two terms, and then served as the Chief of Police of Carlsbad until his retirement."

I believe the Patsy Wheeler we are talking about died in i995. I remember my sister Connie giving her care in her last few years.

I remember the Wheelers from my youth. I believe if I remember correctly one on them had an untimely death also. That is why the dates of Pasty's death given on here earlier do not seem familiar to me. Walking from Mesquite to Pate was quite a walk or is it known if anyone gave them a ride?

Fish1966, when you say "untimely death," could you expand on that? If not, I understand. Thank you.

I believe the Patsy Wheeler we are talking about died in i995. I remember my sister Connie giving her care in her last few years.

Did Connie live in League City, TX at that time? Did the Wheeler's not have children of their own?

Patsy R. Wheeler, DOB 04/18/1926; DOD 10/24/1995 in TX.

I remember the Wheelers from my youth. I believe if I remember correctly one on them had an untimely death also. That is why the dates of Pasty's death given on here earlier do not seem familiar to me.
Walking from Mesquite to Pate was quite a walk or is it known if anyone gave them a ride?

Silvo Wheeler was only 53 yrs old when he died in 1981. I don't know what he died from but I would consider his death untimely at such an early age.

Does anyone remember where the "McDonald’s Dry Goods Store" was in Carlsbad and what is it location?

I think Patsy Wheeler died between the death of the girls and l966...suicide if I am not wrong. I think he remarried shortly a woman with 2 young boys at the time.

I was trying to pull all of your post Legacy, with Anne's post as well, but I am not so savvy with how to do that, but IF CT's brother was a ranger, I would think that he would be listed on the Ranger's website....because I have NO CLUE why CT would come a few days after the murders to check out the crime scene.....I mean, my logic is this, if the FBI can't come into a case until ASKED, why would a small town cop from a different state think that HE had jurisdiction....and even IF CT's brother was a Ranger, he would STILL not have any right to being there.

And Anne, I don't blame you for wanting to steer clear of CT.....my hair stood on end when I read what you said about him trying to track you down the way he has been.....freaked me out and it was not even happening to me...

Charles Titus was the cop in Monahans, Texas that picked up Buddy Parsons for vagrancy. Then CT decided he better call the Eddy County Sheriff's Dept. because Parsons was making statements about killing the girls....so that is where CT comes into the picture....just my personally opinion...this is where the cover up started. Buddy Parsons was a young man that had some mental problems...and he told them what he was told ....again MPO. I have the transcript of Parsons Preliminary hearing and that is all they did ....then put this poor guy in prison in Santa Fe...I believe he was released in 1965 or 66. I have several newspaper reports that had interviews with his parents and siblings....they all said he had been used...even his shrink said that......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123