NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across a 2000 obituary for Parsons' mother and was somewhat surprised when I read that he (BP) was living in WF, the very same town Nichols was from (and where the little Sims boy disappeared) at the time of his mother's death. His mother passed away at 94 years of age in Graham, 60 miles south of WF. It is a small world, isn't it? I was probably as surprised to see he was still alive in 2000, as so many involved as suspects, subjects, etc. in the murders of Mattie and Patty have come to an early demise. So, unless I'm wrong on the identity, more research about "connections" needs to be done. Unfortunately, I'll be out of pocket and won't have much time this week, but I'll "work" as I can. Feel free to take up the ball and run with it if you can.

This is probably a mere coincidence - which this case seems to be so very full of.

Just look at all the parks within a few blocks of the Sims boy's residence on Stanford - five of them, plus the blake. We've already established through what his family has said that Nichols liked to hang out near parks (even where there are parks near water) watching young people - or at least that is what he was reported to be doing in Carlsbad in August of 1961, just four months prior to "Andy's" disappearance. In fact, the neighborhood where this young boy lived shows the greatest number of parks in the closest proximity in the entire city of Wichita Falls, Texas. This area could be considered a predator's dream.

Of course, I don't know how many of these were there in 1961, but I find this very interesting...

That is a scary thought there Legacy. When I was a kid...of course...this is before Mattie and Patty were murdered...I was never afraid of people...and I guess we weren't told to be afraid of people...maybe...but I never thought that I would get hurt by someone else...just didn't occur to me then. ...but boy it does now. I never thought someone would hurt me while I was at the Carlsbad Beach area....we loved going there. Our parents would take us on picnics there when we were little. The teenagers hung out there all the time during the warm months. I guess they still hang out in that area. I haven't lived in Carlsbad in 40 yrs. now....but when I visited last I did see teenagers there...and other people as well. Just think some of those people might be watching our children...to hurt them!

I just came across a 2000 obituary for Parsons' mother and was somewhat surprised when I read that he (BP) was living in WF, the very same town Nichols was from (and where the little Sims boy disappeared) at the time of his mother's death. His mother passed away at 94 years of age in Graham, 60 miles south of WF. It is a small world, isn't it? I was probably as surprised to see he was still alive in 2000, as so many involved as suspects, subjects, etc. in the murders of Mattie and Patty have come to an early demise. So, unless I'm wrong on the identity, more research about "connections" needs to be done. Unfortunately, I'll be out of pocket and won't have much time this week, but I'll "work" as I can. Feel free to take up the ball and run with it if you can.

This is probably a mere coincidence - which this case seems to be so very full of.

The last time I talked with the cop from Monahans...Pecos, Texas, he said he had talked with BP...he lived in San Antonio, Tx then...he said BP would be more than willing to talk with the investigator...that was in 2004.

The last time I talked with the cop from Monahans...Pecos, Texas, he said he had talked with BP...he lived in San Antonio, Tx then...he said BP would be more than willing to talk with the investigator...that was in 2004.

I guess I need to make a correction to place of death to Jacksboro, burial and service in Graham. So many people in Carlsbad or Pecos affiliated with this case come from or have relatives from within a 100 mile radius of this part of Texas, WF that is. Strange, isn't it?

I do remember now you mentioning that "he" said BP would talk with the investigator (along with several others), as long as "he" the cop was present.

I guess I need to make a correction to place of death to Jacksboro, burial and service in Graham. So many people in Carlsbad or Pecos affiliated with this case come from or have relatives from within a 100 mile radius of this part of Texas, WF that is. Strange, isn't it?

I do remember now you mentioning that "he" said BP would talk with the investigator (along with several others), as long as "he" the cop was present.

Yes, CT told Investigator JE from the ECSO that the two ladies...AB and BH would not talk with him...the only way these two ladies would talk to him would be if CT could be there with them. But keep in mind CT said he didn't know these ladies at all....just met them the one time when Deputy McGrew and Sheriff Hawkins came to Monahans, Texas to pickup Buddy. When I started asking questions about their relationships with each other...CT got upset with me. He told me that the investigator had lied about what he had said regarding AB...that was when he got mad at me and stopped our talks. To me that just confirmed the fact that he knew the AB & WDB & DB (family) before the murders took place.
To me if your innocent of these crimes...you wouldn't have a problem talking to the investigators or just me...but these people will not talk to anyone. Why is that?

Yes, CT told Investigator JE from the ECSO that the two ladies...AB and BH would not talk with him...the only way these two ladies would talk to him would be if CT could be there with them. But keep in mind CT said he didn't know these ladies at all....just met them the one time when Deputy McGrew and Sheriff Hawkins came to Monahans, Texas to pickup Buddy. When I started asking questions about their relationships with each other...CT got upset with me. He told me that the investigator had lied about what he had said regarding AB...that was when he got mad at me and stopped our talks. To me that just confirmed the fact that he knew the AB & WDB & DB (family) before the murders took place.
To me if your innocent of these crimes...you wouldn't have a problem talking to the investigators or just me...but these people will not talk to anyone. Why is that?

Another thing that has been on my mind is this: Three days after the girls bodies were found....CT shows up...goes out to the body drop and snoops around....asking questions....why ? He didn't have any jurisdiction in Eddy County. Was he there making sure everything was going there way? Was he there to make sure everything was going as planned? Now this is three days after the girls are murdered....then in 1962...he gives them BP! This justs doesn't add up to not knowing these people before the girls were killed.
WOW...I've got that off my chest...CT showing up just three days after the girls were killed...out at the body drop off!!!!

5 Jan 1965 Albuquerque Journal NM Page B-5

Attachments

• W.C. (Dan) McGrew Suicide 5 Jan 1965 Albuquerque Journal NM Page B-5.jpg
    W.C. (Dan) McGrew Suicide 5 Jan 1965 Albuquerque Journal NM Page B-5.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 95
I know this is kind of late in the ball game to bring some of this up and it may be that I have just missed the answers in the postings since I have only been able to visit this site sporadically. Then again the questions that keep nagging me might not even be relevant, but here they are:

1. Did LE ever confirm with Melton the following statements made by WDB:
  • That Melton initiated the fishing trip.
  • That Melton made the statement to WDB that he "wanted to show me where there was a lot of rabbits
  • WDB stated, "I thought that I saw something red on my right and I told Bill to stop. Thought it looked like someone lying down." Did LE ever confirm the line of sight to see if WDB's statement was reasonable?
  • Diary entry on 8/8/61: David called and I called David. Was there any way to check phone records to see what numbers were called from Patty's house?

2. One of the reports states that three of the killer's tires were bald and one had tread. I wonder if an inquiry was made of the area tire stores, service stations and junk yards to see if a single tire was purchase around the time of murders? It sounds like a tire had to be replaced and the purchase of a single tire might have drawn attention. Also, that area has a lot of sharp rocks and plant that are hard on tires which means that there could have been a flat that had to be fixed.

3. The police report on the interview with Linda Lou Roberts states that the car that she saw had a license tag that began with 6-1. This is significant because in 1961 the first digit of the license plate designated the county that the automobile was registered in. Like a 3 designated Eddy County, a 4 designated Chaves County, and a 6 designated Lea County I believe. So it would seem that if LE was looking for a certain make, model and color they would have at least had a starting point. Plus there weren't near as many automobiles then as there are today.

4. Also, there was a man named Johnny Meadows that was thought to be a serial killer that was sent to prison for abducting, raping and killing a woman in Odessa, TX in 1968 and suspected of killing several other women in the Odessa, Kermit, Monahans areas using different methods. Some of these areas are less than a hundred miles from Carlsbad. What makes this interesting is that he was arrested in Aztec, NM on another charge and started talking about the killings in west Texas. Which means that he was transcient.

I know this is kind of late in the ball game to bring some of this up and it may be that I have just missed the answers in the postings since I have only been able to visit this site sporadically. Then again the questions that keep nagging me might not even be relevant, but here they are:

1. Did LE ever confirm with Melton the following statements made by WDB:
  • That Melton initiated the fishing trip.
  • That Melton made the statement to WDB that he "wanted to show me where there was a lot of rabbits
  • WDB stated, "I thought that I saw something red on my right and I told Bill to stop. Thought it looked like someone lying down." Did LE ever confirm the line of sight to see if WDB's statement was reasonable?
  • Diary entry on 8/8/61: David called and I called David. Was there any way to check phone records to see what numbers were called from Patty's house?

2. One of the reports states that three of the killer's tires were bald and one had tread. I wonder if an inquiry was made of the area tire stores, service stations and junk yards to see if a single tire was purchase around the time of murders? It sounds like a tire had to be replaced and the purchase of a single tire might have drawn attention. Also, that area has a lot of sharp rocks and plant that are hard on tires which means that there could have been a flat that had to be fixed.

3. The police report on the interview with Linda Lou Roberts states that the car that she saw had a license tag that began with 6-1. This is significant because in 1961 the first digit of the license plate designated the county that the automobile was registered in. Like a 3 designated Eddy County, a 4 designated Chaves County, and a 6 designated Lea County I believe. So it would seem that if LE was looking for a certain make, model and color they would have at least had a starting point. Plus there weren't near as many automobiles then as there are today.

4. Also, there was a man named Johnny Meadows that was thought to be a serial killer that was sent to prison for abducting, raping and killing a woman in Odessa, TX in 1968 and suspected of killing several other women in the Odessa, Kermit, Monahans areas using different methods. Some of these areas are less than a hundred miles from Carlsbad. What makes this interesting is that he was arrested in Aztec, NM on another charge and started talking about the killings in west Texas. Which means that he was transcient.

Wish you worked in the Eddy County Sheriff's Department...at least you ask questions that need to be answered.

Unless there is tape recorded interviews that are available from Willie Dee Blair and Bill Melton....none of those questions have been answered that I know of. What I put on this website is all that I have on what Bill Melton said to the sheriff's deputies. He was to worried about missing a day of work or having to mess up his day off to help with this investigation. And I resent the Heck out of this mess up. They didn't talk to Willard Dee Blair like they should have...neither of these men took polygraph tests that I know of.

As far as the diary of Patty goes...what you see is what you get. I haven't heard anything else regarding that diary. Maybe it is in the interviews they have on tape somewhere...or maybe they are lost.

I think the deputies and city cops checked on the tires....checked shops and went to individuals homes to check out tires that people said they needed to check out.

I have never heard of the Meadows suspect. Would like to learn more about him.

I have talked to Bill Melton's granddaughters and what they told me so far is that he "didn't talk much about finding the bodies, he was just that way". His oldest g'dtr told me that she would ask her Aunt, Melton's oldest sister and other family members about the murders as far as what they know or remember. She did say that he never went hunting for anything before that Sunday morning which leads me to believe it was W.D.B. who initiated contact with Melton to frame him...tire marks. I'm still waiting to hear more from his g'dtr. A license number starting with a '6' being Lea Cty would be Hobbs, NM.

Another thing that I noted was that in Officer Melvin Miller's report (Posting #139) he states that tire tread outside to outside was 5'5" and inside to inside was 4'6" which means that from center of hub to center of hub was 4'11-1/2". Even if this measurement was off by an 1/8" LE should be able to compare the specifications on 55-57 Chevrolet to 55-57 Ford and get a pretty good identification of the make and model of the car being used.

One thing I wanted to point out in the photo that SS1950 provided us of Blair and Melton is that Melton is wearing very short gloves. I just found it odd he would be wearing gloves.

The first paragraph above says it all in a nutshell.....scratches on his face, skin under Patty's fingernails, immediately disposing of his car, leaving town suddenly, etc. Blair's wife may not have noticed any indication of an altercation due to the fact that perhaps Blair was unclothed when he commited the crime, but what was he so nervous and agitated about? Could Nichols and Blair have been in cahoots? Did anyone question Nichols about the scratches on his face?
I remember a lady that I worked with named Brenda Blair who told me she was divorcing her husband named David and I believe he worked as a city cop, this would have been in the mid to late '80's. I'm wondering if he is a relative of David Blair, perhaps son or grandson. This may be nothing but then again it may be something to look into.

DId you ever find out who this David Blair is? Is it a son of the David Blair...I know he had a son named after him.

One thing I wanted to point out in the photo that SS1950 provided us of Blair and Melton is that Melton is wearing very short gloves. I just found it odd he would be wearing gloves.

That post # is 521 I believe. Justthinkin that is odd. But if you look at WDB hat....it looks strange. Is it a cowboy hat or a hard hat? Maybe they were helping dig for the slugs!!!

http://www.ncjrs.gov/html/bja/coldcasesquads/bja6.html

When you have some time, look at the link above, perhaps there will be some information for you there, that you could use, in getting persons in certain areas, to offer some advise on which path to travel and on what road......if it has already been brought to your attention, then please just delete this message.

he Vidocq Society
1704 Locust Street, Second Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215–545–1450
www.vidocq.org

http://www.ncjrs.gov/html/bja/coldcasesquads/bja6.html

When you have some time, look at the link above, perhaps there will be some information for you there, that you could use, in getting persons in certain areas, to offer some advise on which path to travel and on what road......if it has already been brought to your attention, then please just delete this message.

he Vidocq Society
1704 Locust Street, Second Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215–545–1450
www.vidocq.org

Hi Mr.TT, I have been told about this group....and have looked at their website. Do you know much about them? I even wrote them a letter...but didn't mail it. Sometimes I just feel like giving up...and today is one of those days. Thanks for the information.

Your post # 2, its time to get that DNA tested, once and for all..........let that be your current focus

Hi Mr.TT, I have been told about this group....and have looked at their website. Do you know much about them? I even wrote them a letter...but didn't mail it. Sometimes I just feel like giving up...and today is one of those days. Thanks for the information.
No, i do not know anything about them.
the devil and his demons would love nothing more then to have you give up. But we don't care about what the demons want you to do.
sometimes, things that are spiritual, has to have an opening in the physical, to get things done.
When you call someone, and do that today if you can, from the following link,.....don't rush it, let spirit guide you as you search, just look at the links awhile, take your time, and wait until something points itself out to you, and let that be your first phone call......then perhaps that person, can call someone else, and so on and so on, until you reach that someone whom understands your whole situation, and has the connections and resources to turn the light back on, turn back on this long and dark situation.

You have plenty of information, and answer's to any questions they may ask you, and that is good.

To much RED TAPE, and partitions, are separating fact from fiction, and those involved, and those not involved... Its time to have someone in authority, in certain positions, to guide you through phone calls, to put you on the road you belong.
there are more links, at the site, i just posted
a few here.

nmsoh_heading.jpg

http://www.nmsoh.org/contact.htm

Send Snail Mail To: Address: New Mexico Survivors of Homicide, Inc.
400 Gold Ave SW Suite 500, #27
Albuquerque, NM 87102 Phone: 505-232-4099 Toll Free: 877-700-8500 Fax: 505-268-6962 Email: info@nmsoh.org Advocate/Office
Coordinator
advocate@nmsoh.org
Board of Directors
2007-2008
President
Sylvia Montoya
Survivor
Albuquerque, NM
(505) 232-4099

Vice-President
Acting Treasurer

Christine Vigil

Survivor
Albuquerque, NM
(505) 232-4099
Secretary
Pat Caristo
Albuquerque, NM
(505)-232-4099
http://www.nmsoh.org/resources.htm

Sunshine, I know you feel very frustrated but please don't give up. I have been hearing news stories more and more lately about old unsolved cases that are being solved, I believe very soon this case WILL be one of them! Keep the Faith, we'll git-ur-dun!

Your post # 2, its time to get that DNA tested, once and for all..........let that be your current focus

No, i do not know anything about them.
the devil and his demons would love nothing more then to have you give up. But we don't care about what the demons want you to do.
sometimes, things that are spiritual, has to have an opening in the physical, to get things done.
When you call someone, and do that today if you can, from the following link,.....don't rush it, let spirit guide you as you search, just look at the links awhile, take your time, and wait until something points itself out to you, and let that be your first phone call......then perhaps that person, can call someone else, and so on and so on, until you reach that someone whom understands your whole situation, and has the connections and resources to turn the light back on, turn back on this long and dark situation.

You have plenty of information, and answer's to any questions they may ask you, and that is good.

To much RED TAPE, and partitions, are separating fact from fiction, and those involved, and those not involved... Its time to have someone in authority, in certain positions, to guide you through phone calls, to put you on the road you belong.
there are more links, at the site, i just posted
a few here.

nmsoh_heading.jpg

http://www.nmsoh.org/contact.htm

Send Snail Mail To: Address: New Mexico Survivors of Homicide, Inc.
400 Gold Ave SW Suite 500, #27
Albuquerque, NM 87102 Phone: 505-232-4099 Toll Free: 877-700-8500 Fax: 505-268-6962 Email: info@nmsoh.org Advocate/Office
Coordinator
advocate@nmsoh.org
Board of Directors
2007-2008
President
Sylvia Montoya
Survivor
Albuquerque, NM
(505) 232-4099

Vice-President
Acting Treasurer

Christine Vigil

Survivor
Albuquerque, NM
(505) 232-4099
Secretary
Pat Caristo
Albuquerque, NM
(505)-232-4099
http://www.nmsoh.org/resources.htm

Thanks M. TT, I'm doing just what you said...I'm going out of town this weekend with the hubby...looking at the beautiful colors of fall. I appreciate all the information you have supplied me...and I will look at all of them.
I talked with the investigator that is working on this case yesterday and again this am. He said the DNA they have isn't good. Something about it didn't leave them with a profile. I don't know much about the DNA stuff...but I asked him if they would do more and he didn't really answer me with yes or no...just it isn't good...we can't get a profile from the evidence. And he also said the Nichols man wasn't a good suspect as well...due to the fact this man car colors were not what they are looking for. He said they are saying it was a light colored car...maybe white...55-56 Chevy. So you see this is why I'm so frustrated. But like I told this investigator....I will not give up...
Again thanks for the information. I don't know what I would do without you people on here...lifting me up. Thanks to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VikkiB73