GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nothing so far - so which house was she last seen at ? Mom or the bf? Too many details are missing and I’m wondering if wasn’t already dead last week? JMO
Conflicting info:

The girl was last seen by her mother in the front yard of their McCurdy Road residence about 9:30 a.m. Sunday, police said
Man held as search continues for missing for Rio Arriba County girl

Renezmae was last seen at her stepfather Malcolm Torres’ home Sunday morning playing in the front yard, while her mom was at work. The mother reported her missing about nine hours later.
Officials: Missing Española girl’s body has been found

Sheriff’s Office Deputy Dwayne Epling then took Torres back to the home on Arch Lane.
Missing Española Girl Found Dead

So she was last seen at mom's home, but bf was supposed to be watching her while mom was gone all day? Did bf take her to his house instead? Because I also remember reading that Renezmae was last seen in HIS yard at 9:30.

Last edited:
Not that I am aware of.......
And to add to that, a poster previously posted an article IIRC stating that the family did not wish to interact with the media, which I found a little odd at the time. Now, I’m really wondering why they did not want to talk to the media. Maybe nothing, then again maybe everything. MOO
ETA: I think it was Charlestongal that originally posted that? Maybe?

And to add to that, a poster previously posted an article IIRC stating that the family did not wish to interact with the media, which I found a little odd at the time. Now, I’m really wondering why they did not want to talk to the media. Maybe nothing, then again maybe everything. MOO
ETA: I think it was Charlestongal that originally posted that? Maybe?
Yes, it was me. I can now see why the family did not want to talk to the press. It's obvious something has been going on since at least last month when civil papers were filed, the child disappeared from school, and it took someone 10 hours to report this child missing. Something was wrong way before Sep 8th and the family probably knows all about it. IMO

When asked about an alleged suspect who had been named by media Tuesday, FBI public affairs officer Frank Fisher said the FBI doesn’t talk about those aspects of the investigation until someone has been charged.

Fisher confirmed that Renezmae’s body was found at around 11:35 a.m. in the Rio Grande River by Santa Clara Pueblo. He said the investigation is ongoing and concluded by saying, “this is not over”.
Sad Ending To Search For Renezmae Calzada, Investigation Not Over

Yesterday I saw a local news article from a place there in NM that said the cops had been called there about one month ago because the boyfriend was domestically assaulting the mother. I have looked everywhere for it this evening and can not find it but I 100% did read it yesterday. I haven't saw it anywhere else now, but if the information was accurate that is what probably led to the filing for child support and everything around the same time, I would imagine. What I don't understand is how she filed for all of that, then this one news station says there was physical abuse, and then she puts the kids right back into his care. I guess maybe she had no one else, idk. However, I know I read that somewhere for a fact. Has anyone else saw mention of that information anywhere?

I didn't catch this the first time; at about the 16:20 mark, the Special Agent in Charge says, "We searched within a 1/2 mile of both the mother's residence as well as the stepfather's residence."

That does not sound to me like VM and MT were living together. MOO

VERY interesting...

The home of poor Mae Mae was never really clearly established in MSM reports...

It still is not clear...

Does she technically have TWO addresses?
Do we really know WHICH address she supposedly disappeared from?

Was this a lack of investigating from reporters?

Or was it made intentionally unclear to keep the investigation under wraps?

:dunno:

Yesterday I saw a local news article from a place there in NM that said the cops had been called there about one month ago because the boyfriend was domestically assaulting the mother. I have looked everywhere for it this evening and can not find it but I 100% did read it yesterday. I haven't saw it anywhere else now, but if the information was accurate that is what probably led to the filing for child support and everything around the same time, I would imagine. What I don't understand is how she filed for all of that, then this one news station says there was physical abuse, and then she puts the kids right back into his care. I guess maybe she had no one else, idk. However, I know I read that somewhere for a fact. Has anyone else saw mention of that information anywhere?
I read that as well, the article even described the marks on the mother.

Could it be here?

Search for girl continues, but no suspect in custody

I'm adblocked from actually seeing the pages, but Google search results preview says:

Torres has at least two prior DWI cases and faced a 2018 domestic violence charge that was dismissed in January.

Yes, I read it as well. I think it's actually already in this thread somewhere a ways back.

Yes, it was me. I can now see why the family did not want to talk to the press. It's obvious something has been going on since at least last month when civil papers were filed, the child disappeared from school, and it took someone 10 hours to report this child missing. Something was wrong way before Sep 8th and the family probably knows all about it. IMO
Agree! I can’t imagine not wanting to talk to media and spread the word about my missing child! I’ve said it before in other threads- if my loved one was missing, you could NOT shut me up regardless of how suspect some may see me. I just find it all so odd... the whole dang scenario really. MOO

Yeah, I don't like this "not in school for several days" thing. Just speaking generically, that casts suspicion upon the parent who had her on 8/3o/19 (unless that was a weekend), at minimum.
And nothing so far on anyone who saw this child after that last day of school attendance ? So when was she really missing ?

Yes, I read it as well. I think it's actually already in this thread somewhere a ways back.

Aha! Not only did you read it, you posted it: :p

Search continues in Rio Arriba County for missing 5-year-old girl

Last October, Torres was arrested at the home he shared with the girl’s mom, Victoria Maestas, their young son and Renezmae on Arch Lane in Espanola. Victoria had marks on her neck and face, and a split lip.

She said Torres attacked her in the middle of the night after accusing her of cheating. The case was dismissed for some reason. Technically, he’s behind bars now for failing to pay fines on two of his three DWI convictions and failure to meet with a probation officer.

When asked about an alleged suspect who had been named by media Tuesday, FBI public affairs officer Frank Fisher said the FBI doesn’t talk about those aspects of the investigation until someone has been charged.

Fisher confirmed that Renezmae’s body was found at around 11:35 a.m. in the Rio Grande River by Santa Clara Pueblo. He said the investigation is ongoing and concluded by saying, “this is not over”.
Sad Ending To Search For Renezmae Calzada, Investigation Not Over
This is the best summary of the press conference I've seen, with quotes and all. Thank you!

@margarita25 was compiling a list of the agencies involved. They've listed them in this article.

Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Office
New Mexico State Police
Espanola Police Department
Espanola Public Schools
Espanola Fire Department
U.S. Marshals
Santa Clara Police Department
The Pueblo of Pojoaque Tribal Police Department
Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office
Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office
New Mexico Corrections Department
First Judicial District Attorney’s Office
United States Attorney’s Office
New Mexico Probation and Parole
Albuquerque Police Department
New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Bureau of Land Management
Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo
Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Chaplain Corp
The American Red Cross
Santa Clara Tribal Gov. Michael Chavarria

I have never seen any LE outright say someone is not a suspect publicly, and then later on they are the suspect.

Do you know of any such case LE has publicly said someone was not a suspect, and it turned out LE lied? I ask, because I've honestly never seen them ever do such a thing.

While LE is allowed to legally lie when interviewing anyone, I've never seen them purposely lie to the public or purposefully mislead them. Why would they do that when he is already in jail going no where? It isn't like he is walking around free being surveilled by LE.

Any LE that states someone is not a suspect, and them later on they turnout to be ..would leave egg on the faces of LE making the public not find them trustworthy or think they were inept.

I have certainly seem them say they have no suspects or POIs at the time, and haven't ruled anyone in or out until an arrest is actually made. That's totally different than them saying a certain person is not a suspect. Imhoo.

It's is already extremely rare for them to publically rule anyone out, but everytime they have done so they had convincing evidence to support it.

I am so heartbroken another beautiful, precious child has been found dead, rather than alive. :(

I pray for justice for adorable MaeMae, and all who love her!

Jmho

I don't know if I missed seeing anyone else reply to this. But I agree it seems really odd. I don't recall seeing police do that before. But at this point it's hard to fathom that he's not the main suspect.

Conflicting info:

The girl was last seen by her mother in the front yard of their McCurdy Road residence about 9:30 a.m. Sunday, police said
Man held as search continues for missing for Rio Arriba County girl

Renezmae was last seen at her stepfather Malcolm Torres’ home Sunday morning playing in the front yard, while her mom was at work. The mother reported her missing about nine hours later.
Officials: Missing Española girl’s body has been found

Sheriff’s Office Deputy Dwayne Epling then took Torres back to the home on Arch Lane.
Missing Española Girl Found Dead

So she was last seen at mom's home, but bf was supposed to be watching her while mom was gone all day? Did bf take her to his house instead? Because I also remember reading that Renezmae was last seen in HIS yard at 9:30.
VERY interesting...

The home of poor Mae Mae was never really clearly established in MSM reports...

It still is not clear...

Does she technically have TWO addresses?
Do we really know WHICH address she supposedly disappeared from?

Was this a lack of investigating from reporters?

Or was it made intentionally unclear to keep the investigation under wraps?

:dunno:
About 2:58 in this video, the reporter says that investigators are searching Torres' phone and pinging his recent locations. Investigators also confirm the home on Arch Lane where Renezmae was last seen playing in the yard is the Torres' family home.

Here is the link you were looking for concerning Torres assaulting the mother.
Search for missing 5-year-old Española girl continues into day four

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221
Back