GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So very sad. Prayers to her and her family. Did they mention where she was located? I haven't come across that yet.
LE didn't but it's been reported she was found in the Rio Grande with the source(s) cited as two participants of the search crew. The Special Agent in Charge did say that they searched 2 miles of the Rio Grande and asked the media to respect the tribal area around the Santa Clara Pueblo. MOO

Last edited:
Breaking: Missing Española girl's body found

Time for our regularly scheduled reminder that LE does not need to tell the truth to the media and that the media can be a tool for them. LE runs the risk of media not wanting to deal with them if they pull that card too much, but a press conference is not a court of law. For example, they can announce someone is Likeno longer a suspect to see if the person lets their guard down and does something stupid like tell a witness they got away with it.
He's still sitting in the Rio Arriba county jail on no bond. I've been watching to see when/if they transfer him to Albq on his outstanding warrants or whether they charge him with something else. So far, he's just sitting there.

FBI Special Agent James Langenberg, who heads the agency’s Albuquerque office, said during a brief news conference Wednesday in Espanola that Renezmae Calzada’s remains had been found. He did not say where.

He did not take questions after stating the investigation into Renezmae’s case would continue. He says authorities were working to identify who might be responsible for her death.

Authorities say the girl was last seen Sunday morning outside her home in Espanola, and she was reported missing that evening. Authorities have not explained why there was a delay.

Langenberg says the searched for Renezmae included Espanola and 2 miles (1.6 kilometers) of the Rio Grande
Renezmae Calzada remains found in New Mexico, FBI confirms
Well we all know that the FBI never gives out any details in cases like this. Good for them, though. Sounds like they're on the ball and will get the evidence they need to put the suspect behind bars.

I was wondering if there was custody arrangements between the couple- such as she stayed for one week with the Dad, one week with the Mom. I know we have some kids around here who's parents have this kind of arrangement. Trying to sort out this confusion.

She was found in water? Was this someplace close to home she could have wondered off or had to have been put there, IF YOU KNOW haha. Sorry, hard timing catching up today
Sorry!

"The body of 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada was found Wednesday in the Rio Grande near Santa Clara Pueblo, according to two sources who participated in the search crew."

Rio Arriba County Deputy Fire Marshal and EMS Chief Alfredo Montoya said the County’s swift water rescue team helped other agencies search a stretch of the Rio Grande near Santa Clara Pueblo on Monday afternoon.

He said the County searched approximately a mile of river somewhere near where the southern Santa Clara Pueblo boundary meets the river. He said the crew did not find any evidence or the missing girl."

Missing Española Girl Found Dead

She was found in water? Was this someplace close to home she could have wondered off or had to have been put there, IF YOU KNOW haha. Sorry, hard timing catching up today
No wander.

ETA: Had she wandered, she would have headed toward either El Llano Rd or McCurdy Rd. Probably the latter since that's the way toward town and her school. The very 1st person that saw her on either one of those streets would have stopped, gotten her to a safe place and called the cops. Multitple people would have stopped to comfort her and keep her safe until the cops got there.

Last edited:
I don't think she would have wandered there. Without knowing exactly where she was found, I think it's safe to say it was approx. five miles from the home. MOO

A number of search warrants were filed in the U.S. District Court of New Mexico in Albuquerque, with the help of the FBI, who assisted the Sheriff’s Office. The search warrants were filed under seal and can only be released to law enforcement or with a court order, unlike search warrants filed in state courts.

Missing Española Girl Found Dead

Was she found in federal forest or perhaps one of many native reservations? Is that why they need federal search warrants?

Well we all know that the FBI never gives out any details in cases like this. Good for them, though. Sounds like they're on the ball and will get the evidence they need to put the suspect behind bars.

I was wondering if there was custody arrangements between the couple- such as she stayed for one week with the Dad, one week with the Mom. I know we have some kids around here who's parents have this kind of arrangement. Trying to sort out this confusion.
This was all I could find:

"Court records the outlet obtained showed Renezmae’s mother officially asked the court to order Torres to pay her child support, as well as establish visitation with the girl and another child."

5-Year-Old Girl Found Dead Three Days After Amber Alert

This was all I could find:

"Court records the outlet obtained showed Renezmae’s mother officially asked the court to order Torres to pay her child support, as well as establish visitation with the girl and another child."

5-Year-Old Girl Found Dead Three Days After Amber Alert
Why would they have to establish legal visitation for Rene if he wasn't her father? Nor were they married. Since when does a live in boyfriend get legally mandated visitation if they split up?

Was she found in federal forest or perhaps one of many native reservations? Is that why they need federal search warrants?
We don't know where she was found. She would have to have been placed a long way N (either toward Chama HWY 285/84 [except that that's the Rio Chama] or toward Taos HWY 64) before she was in Nat'l Forest. Espanola is in a valley, not in the forest. Tribal lands is likely. I think because they knew right away that she was kidnapped (not necessarily by a stranger) and did not wander off. In NM, the state police and FBI are frequently asked to help with serious crimes because they have better resources. This is a large county (as with most counties in NM) in area but a very rural county with small towns. NM only has 2m people and most are in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Cruces*. [ETA - okay, I missed Rio Rancho but I always just consider that within the Albuquerque metro area. lol SORRY RIO RANCHO!!!]

They probably wanted to keep their investigation close to the vest and utilized the FBI tools to do that.
MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz