NM - Tera Chavez, 26, found dead in her Los Lunas home, 22 Oct 2007 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wasted my whole day! uggg I don't think I will sit and wait tomorrow.

I will watch for the JA conference. Then I will check in for a verdict here off and on.

See all of you sometime tomorrow.

I did pretty much the same as you and I am getting too old to waste time. I'll keep checking in tomorrow. If I have a bad headache/migraine I'll just sit here and wait, and wait, and wait.

I agree about the judge--he, like Serna--are very off the wall compared to most.
Thanks for the heads up on the Bio serial killers tonight. I watch that network a lot. I actually watch way too much true crime but good grief, there is absolutely nothing on mainstream network tv that's fit for an IQ over 40.

Couldn't agree with you more, I just can't tolerate most TV shows these days. I do a little bit of reality (still love Survivor and Top Chef, Project Runway is suffering the longer it's on Lifetime) but most of scripted programming is diving for the bottom of the IQ barrel. moo

Ok, so I'm on my way to bed to watch Bio. I hope everybody has a good night...will see you all on here tomorrow!

Poll results from WildAboutTrial. I hope this can lift our spirits!

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Poll Results on is #LeviChavez guilty of 1st deg. murder: Yes (77%, 123 Votes) No (23%, 36 Votes) Vote at http://wildabouttrial.com

I have serious doubts that Levi Chavez will be convicted.
I think that this judge has a lot to do with this verdict.
He slammed the prosecution every time possible and gave astounding leeway to the defense.
I hope that the citizens of New Mexico, take note.

Good Morning Everybody! I'm just checking in a little early--got lots of things to do if I can get going this morning. I hope each of you had a good night and that we will get a guilty verdict this afternoon. I remembered something last night during one of the Bio serial killer programs--juries usually dress up a little bit on the day they come back with their verdict. Maybe some of the Twitter reporters will remark on the way they are dressed. Just an off-beat thing but I thought I'd mention it.

This is an interesting video clip from last night's news. It's 5 minutes long and talks about the jury's length of deliberations and what was in LC's internal affairs investigation which led to his dismissal from the department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OZAWrNAsbw

This is an interesting video clip from last night's news. It's 5 minutes long and talks about the jury's length of deliberations and what was in LC's internal affairs investigation which led to his dismissal from the department.

Thanks so much for that video NCE, it so incenses me that a taxpayer funded 'organization' like the APD can withhold and black out and play all kinds of games like they have in this case - we pay for these people to do their jobs, if we are asking questions about what they've done, they are bound to divulge it. Really maddening and outrageous behavior.

Thank you for posting this video. I watched it last night and I could not believe how much of the report was redacted. I understand the need for unions and I am a member of a union but my gosh it just burns me up that if you are payed by the tax payers, you work for them then people have the right to know what is going on. Yes there should be open city government to hold agencies accountable and also the public has IMO the right to know the character and actions of the people that they are paying for protection and to enforce the law and other agencies.

Yesterday, the jury requested to review an envelope containing evidence from the case, but the contents are unknown.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3098906.shtml?cat=516

fwiw, don't fret people for the length of time the jury has been out. Although you all have had your mind made up for awhile, this jury was not allowed to decide what they believed until the END of the trial. Now they have a man's life in their hands and they want to be SURE they make the right decision. Not only for the accused, but the victim as well.

IIRCC, it took the jury 3 days or so to come to a guilty verdict for Scott Peterson. We all know how GUILTY he looked, no matter what way you flipped it.

Just keep checking and I'm sure the jury will come back with the right decision, whatever it may be.

JMHO
fran

Yesterday, the jury requested to review an envelope containing evidence from the case, but the contents are unknown.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3098906.shtml?cat=516

fwiw, don't fret people for the length of time the jury has been out. Although you all have had your mind made up for awhile, this jury was not allowed to decide what they believed until the END of the trial. Now they have a man's life in their hands and they want to be SURE they make the right decision. Not only for the accused, but the victim as well.

IIRCC, it took the jury 3 days or so to come to a guilty verdict for Scott Peterson. We all know how GUILTY he looked, no matter what way you flipped it.

Just keep checking and I'm sure the jury will come back with the right decision, whatever it may be.

JMHO
fran

You're right Fran. It's so easy to become impatient. I keep reminding myself that in a few cases in the past the jury's deliberations took longer than the actual trial.

O/T While we are waiting I just wanted to mention this since so many of you are familiar with the Mike Peterson case--also known as The Staircase Murder, in Durham, NC. He was released at the end of 2011 because of 'perhaps' tainted testimony by the NC State's Crime Lab expert who also fudged on his credentials. Judge Orlando Hudson, of the Abaroa trial, decided on a motion filed last year that Peterson should receive a new trial. In a ruling issued early this morning, the NC Court of Appeals upheld Judge Hudson's decision and Michael Peterson will, indeed, get a new trial.
Remember, their new defense may be 'the owl did it' theory. I am praying for that because it's so darn off the wall.

Well I just saw a news video and I didn't realize they are ONLY able to contemplate Murder 1 and no lessor of say Murder2. the DA contemplated Murder 2 but the crime just didn't fit.

I guess it all boils down to who the jury believes, the pros or the defendant. :(

I didn't have a chance to watch this trial as I was tied up with two other cases the past several months, but wow! I sure hope the pros made everything black and white! OTOH, I hope the jury could see through the facade this guy most likely throws up. You know? Like he could explain everything that made him look guilty, as in Jason Young! first trial that is. pfffttt

I see that the jury has an abundance of evidence items to go through. In the Zimmerman case they didn't actually have all that many items of physical evidence, but this one seems to have LOTS. I'm sure it will take the jury awhile to go through them.

If I'm not here when the jury comes in, please pm me so I can correct the title. If you remember before it's announced, let me know if you can. I do have to step out for a short time to take my grandson to football practice. bbl.

JMHO
fran

Checking in..still nothing..sigh

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Good afternoon all! Just checking in and bummed there's no verdict yet.
Hope you all are well! I'll check back later.

Hello everybody!

I read that the jury is supposed to be back in court at 1:00pm. A juror had an medical appointment. In any other case I would believe that it was serious but with this judge and trail it could be an annual checkup. At least I hope it isn't important. I think it must be hell for the Cordova famiy and think the judge should be doing everything in his power to allow the jury to reach a verdict as soon as possible. I don't understand the earlier afternoon breaks for the day and the mid morning starts.

I think Levi Chavez planned and killed his wife. I think the jury after reviewing the evidence and recalling testimony will come to the same conclusion.

I hope it is today. I want justice for Tera, her two kids and her family and I want to see her killer off the streets and no longer enjoying life.

I putzed around all morning with the JA 3-minutes-of-not-much hearing, going to go jump in the shower before the LC jurors get started again today, see you all in a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f48567899
Back