NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About chargers. At home or in a car, iPhones are charged via USB ports, so device identification numbers used for connection are recorded. It is pretty much straight forward to identify where the phone has been charged.

Maybe. Cheapo USB car charger may not provide any ID information, - only +v and GND (which is all the phone needs to charge). Apple charger may be different...

Hello again lovely people...

I wanted to let you know that, as many of you felt such a massive surge of relief with GBC's bail being denied, so did I!

At the same time, I couldn't stop thinking about Allison's three girls. All because of their dad's greed and duplicity, they've lost their beautiful mum. To be honest, and as harsh as it sounds, I'm glad that GBC has been removed from them and that they are far away from the rest of the BCs. I think about the girls so often and their situation really breaks my heart, yet I believe that the love, protection and support that they so need will come from Allison's parents and the rest of her side of the family...

Something alse I've been thinking about today is the BC clan and their support for GBC and, in particular, OW's support for her brother. After sitting in court and hearing the details of GBC's stupidity and his tendency to use the wrong "head" when making his life plans, can OW and the rest of the BCs really publicly support GBC now? I mean, it's not like OW can now say that she has no idea about the false life GBC led. I know there are families that support their own criminally-inclined members, but I can say with certainty that I would be absolutely disgusted if I saw OW (or other BCs) standing by and defending this poor excuse for a human being in future. I will be doubly disgusted if it comes to light that OW requests further financial assistance for her brother!

On another note, I do not think it's over yet. I still feel that NBC and EBC have many questions to answer and I still suspect NBC as being a major participant in Allison's demise.

By the way, I've been really enjoying your caterpiller and butterfly banter! Caterpiller my *advertiser censored***! :laugh:

As always, my heart goes out to Allison and her girls... XX

I agree with what you outline above. My concern is whether the girls actually heard or witnessed something. I think that would be horrendous! If they didn't, then their chances of "recovery" are pretty good I think, because kids are very resilient.

I agree with you - wholeheartedly: a new start might be better for them; but the loss of close mates would also be hard for the older girls, especially, at this time. Also, the Dickies are elderly. Looking after three young girls at this stage of their lives would be very difficult. I know they would do it, would want to do it, but is it too much to expect of them? I have no idea what the best solution would be. I hope the Dickies and relatives and friends in communication with the girls will be able to come up with a solution. It's a dreadful situation for the Dickies and those little girls.
I don't think they will be there, but this is just my feeling on the matter. I am assumng the girls are staying with the Dickies, who live on the Gold Coast. Not sure what will be happening in the near future with residence, school etc, but I've been past the house in Brookfield at night a couple of times, and it has been in darkness. It's a rented property anyway, so it will be interesting to see what happens to it.

Very sad situation, from all accounts the girls loved their school but I can't see how they can continue going there, or return to live in that area. It is a 50/50 situation to my mind, on the one hand good for them because they are supported at school, it's familiar, they have their friends etc, and it's one thing that hasn't changed and been ruined or taken away from them (if they were somehow able to still go there). On the other hand, maybe there are too many bad memories associated with the district now, and they are better to be in a new environment with no physical reminders of all that has occurred. How could they stay living in the house where the murder took place?

Although it's an initial wrench maybe starting afresh at a local school, in the new location with their grandparents, lots of visits from Allisons sister and brother, and maybe their favourite friends from Brookfield now and then would be best. I guess these are some of the many decisions that the various child support services and professionals the Dickies may have access to can help them with.

I am going to the cricket day, and I'll be wearing a sunflower, contriuting to funds raised, and sending up prayers for Allison and girls! Hope it's a beautiful sunny day and they raise more than $20,000 :)

I have said this before. Carbon monoxide poisoning. He gassed her in the car - IMO.

I don't understand this line of thinking. How would he have got her in the car, and to keep her there? He couldn't have restrained her manually whilst she died, as he would have been exposed to the exhaust as well. If he had restrained her in the car by other means, there would have been visible signs on the body from restraints. If he drugged her, it would appear in her blood. If he knocked her out, there would be outward signs of injury.

I guess nothing can be ruled out, given we don't have full access to the evidence, but I just can't see this been a possibility. Sorry!

Edit: also, if he had just locked the door and held it shut (or something along these lines - i.e. she was conscious but locked in car), there would likely be damage to her nails/hands or other body parts like deep bruising from pushing shoulder against door, in an attempt to exit the vehicle.

Don't have time to read back ATM. Went to bridge today and tidied some flowers. The cross looked so fresh and it was really well anchored. I wore my best sensible shoes and went right down. I couldn't find the geocache. I spent about 20 minutes in the spot where she was found.

Yep I stabilized the cross and place 3 bunches of bigger sunflowers on it. Thanks for checking Possum.

Thankyou Jillie i don't know what i did wrong. I just made up a display pic with Allison and some sunflowers. I was going to put it in my display pic but obviously it didn't work :(

I can see your display picture with Allison and sunflowers.

It was stated yesterday the phone was taken off the charger at 8:45 pm. At what time of day was the timing thing at the roundabout done?

The 'timing thing at the roundabout' was between 11:00pm and 4:00am. This has been discussed in numerous, earlier threads.

So, looking at the timeline posted recently, what time do you all think this murder took place? I think a 10 y.o. child is still awake at 8:45 pm and possibly not sound asleep until 9:30-10:00 pm. Allow 30 minutes of discussion/argument after that. If he contacted NBC at 12:20, and if she was killed at home, IMO it could have been after 10:30 pm (Footy Show had been on and GBC remembers it) but before 12:00 midnight. He then needed some time to think before making a call to NBC. All my speculation and IMO.

I think so, too. In my opinion, the tragedy could take place after 10:30pm and before midnight. But one does not need to actually watch the show to use it as a reference. He knew it would be on. Although, I now think it would be too sophisticated for him, so no, it could well be that simple that he remembers the show. JMO.

Of more interest to me is whose property is he guarantor for $335k.....I'm guessing it's his parents......but of course this is jmo

I reckon he went guarantor for Olivia and the Pasta, Greg...

I reckon also, one of those 'gentlemanly agreements* which means the lender can kiss the money goodbye, would be Toni.. I get the distinct impression she was throwing quite a bit of weight around , and that always means that money lent is in the mix...she wanted the ring and/or the money, and by July 1st....no ifs or buts. And no Allison at the conference..

That's right. My guess is that the body was placed there to look like a suicide (bridge jump, comments about depression in the media to support the notion). For (quick payout, which is what he needed) insurance purposes, the body would need to be found...

If faking her suicide was his intention, it was pretty badly executed, because she was underneath the bridge and she couldn't have jumped and landed in that position. IMO he was trying to make it look like a random abduction/murder.

I have said this before. Carbon monoxide poisoning. He gassed her in the car - IMO.

I think if your suggestion was the case her body would have been toxic throughout and this would have been picked up in the autopsy and toxicology tests. IMO

Being on charge also doesn't necessarily indicate being at home - it could have been a car charger or at another fixed location...

19th April - 8.45pm His phone is removed from the charger

20th April - 1.48am The phone is connected to the charger

20th April - 6.18am The phone is removed from the charger

That is a good point. If it was charged at home, these times don't allow for him to have spent much time out at Anstead if he took his phone with him (ie, putting his phone back on the charger at 1:48am and not taking it off until 6:18am - this may indicate he was home in that period of time) - perhaps the charger was in his car - if I am understanding this correctly? Unless he didn't take the phone with him to Anstead at all. All speculation, MOO.

And I'll be disappointedi they hypocritically attend the cricket match tomorrow !!

:jail:

I don't think they'd be game, would they? :what:

If they did attend, I think they'd be 'game' of the hunted variety. :floorlaugh:

Sorry if any of this has been mentioned already, there have been so many posts since the bail refusal, a lot to skim thru
Not much came out (though there were some interesting revelations) but really, the onus was on the defence rather than the prosecution, to justify bail, since it would be standard for someone remanded for MURDER to be held in custody. It's a serious charge, and would have been difficult to overturn the risks vs the inconvenience to the accused.
I believe GBC could re-apply for bail, but due to the additional legal costs, unless he had more convincing evidence to dispute the CP arguments, I suspect his lawyers will recommend he wait until the committal procedures start, to assess their prospects.
That may well take weeks or months, the July mention will just be the start, to moniter how things are going.
I expect the CP has, or will have, a lot more information than they have put out so far.
I still wonder about the reported sleep-over vs whether the children were at the house, it makes the whole thing more difficult to imagine.
As regards TM, I wondered whether she may have had some involvement in GBC's financial situation. If so - I mean to the extent that me may have borrowed money from her as well - based on a promise of a future together - then regardless of how things went with his family, he would have had to keep stringing her along - hence the 1st July deadline?
As regards a flight-risk, as it was reported his defence lawyers said he had no valid passport, where would he have gone?
But someone earlier commented, and I remembered, his lawyer said (of his arrest) that he was ... words to the effect... devastated and not expecting it as he had made plans for later in the week.
And the same night of his arrest, the BC seniors were reported driving back to their home and refusing to answer questions, but rushing into the house while some neighbours "carried their bags from their car"?
Thought that odd at the time - did bags mean suitcases or shopping - if bags, where had they been going or helping someone else to go - otherwise they had toughed out weeks at home under media scrutiny.
That made me wonder why the children were taken out of school that day, and why some people suggested the arrest was a little sooner than expected - perhaps it wasn't the police arriving for the children but prompted by someone else trying to take them out of school early?
I know, I know, all a bit of a ramble of imagining.
I still cannot believe a pre-meditated aspect though, what idiot would imagine that you could claim insurance on someone merely reported lost, or if dead, imagine an insurance company would pay out - except in extreme circumstances - before the cause of death was known.
It's a legal fact that a murderer cannot inherit as beneficiary under the will of the person they killed. But most insurance or super funds do ask for nominated beneficaries to avoid the probate issues- still with all the publicity at the time if GBC were the nominated recipient of proceeds, alarm bells would have rung and nothing would have happened with those funds for ages.
Also regarding the phone calls (and that was amazing to me that the time of recharges etc can be logged????) anyway I wondered if perhaps GBC had another phone. I know some folk in busy positions who do keep a 2nd mobile, one just for personal use so that their whole home-time is not dominated by work-calls.
If he had a secret name and e-mail account to pursue his affair, then possibly he had another line of personal communication rather than phone booth calls?
There remain, the issues of the roundabout, the cars, the screams, the barking dogs, all maybe un-related but I am hoping more will come out sooner than later.
So hard for those little girls, what could you possibly tell them :-(

Great post.
In relation to the phone, IF he had a second phone (and I agree that some people do) he would have had to provide ID to buy the phone and Sim card so that would be traceable by QPS. Even if he had bought an unlocked phone and a supermarket style Sim card (the temporary kind) he still would have had to provide ID. When purchasing one of those recently for one of my children I had to jump through the same hoops as buying from a Telco.
Secondly if the second phone had a data download ability, the IP address is traceable by QPS. There is no hiding anymore behind a "temporary style phone"

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the gentlemans agreements?

I am wondering if some of these were from shady characters? Or at least from people who could exert lots of pressure on GBC. Also I don't think bankruptcy would be something that GBC would consider for a couple of reasons not including whatever assertions have been made about him not wanting to be seen as a failure. They include bankruptcy wouldn't stop the gentlemans agreement loans from needing to be paid out if they were not exactly legitmate and GBC wouldn't be able to be a director of a company for a time (if ever).

I remember in one of the earlier threads there was some minor discussion about whether GBC might have loans from bikies or something...I wonder if this was fairly close to the truth?

With the way this is all going, anything's possible I think...although I do think the handshake agreements could have been with some who worked at the agency.

Was it ever totally established if the $300,000 loan was from the parents??...

May 02, 2012 12:00AM

Days before Christmas, Mr Baden-Clay took out a $300,000 loan for one of his companies from two partners who exited the business the same day.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...usiness-suffered/story-e6freoof-1226344121450

If faking her suicide was his intention, it was pretty badly executed, because she was underneath the bridge and she couldn't have jumped and landed in that position. IMO he was trying to make it look like a random abduction/murder.

Yes, could be. I could believe 'badly executed' too - he doesn't appear terribly smart IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME