NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah of course the lawyer costs.....and also the set up costs again. I know if I considered leaving my husband (which im not), I would need to consider rental, bond, furnishings (atleast some), money for bills, some set up of phone costs......It could quickly run into the thousands. Thousands, I just can ill afford. I could not afford to divorce my husband currently.

I never used a lawyer in my divorce apart from a one off consult, which cost me $99.
If a person does wish to leave and it will plunge them into extreme difficulties, Centrelink will issue an emergency payment which is usually in the thousands to help you out, esp if you are escaping due to difficult circs.
Also help with rental, bond, etc.

Of course when you look at leaving, it seems insurmountable. Once you've done it, you realise that it's not.

Allegedly he googled pleading the fifth, so one would assume he wasn't savvy with Australian laws outside of real estate and he probably didn't know that it doesn't have to cost a lot for divorce?

For sure, it's only when you start looking into it and googling all this stuff, you find it all out.

He was just presuming.

I bet being bankrupt is looking pretty good right now...

I reckon he was stalling on leaving A by saying he couldn't afford a divorce, and at the same time pretending he still had some assets to halve.

Yes, possibly keeping up appearances and all that!

At the committal hearing the Prosecution presents their evidence, then the Magistrate decides if there's enough evidence for a trial THEN the accused makes plea.

If the accused pleads guilty before the committal.... Then I don't know, but I wouldn't imagine the police are in the practise of letting accomplices in murder walk away.

MOO

I would be interested in hearing Hawkins, WI or Dark Shadows view on committal proceedings. I thought there were a couple of methods available - one where full exploration of the evidence could be conducted with cross exam available or hands up with go straight to higher court - maybe that is for less serious crimes??
Just a vague recollection from the past.

Channel 10 being difficult. We have had the sport, and the finance report, and the traffic report. Report on Baden-Clay still coming, so they say !!

Pffffftttt channel10...lol...how far behind are they!!!...lol.

Channel 10 News - Nothing new!!! Just about the face time call to NBC and that NBC has declined to comment.

Channel 10 news- New line of enquiry: mobile phone evidence relating to face
time call - NBC declined to comment.

Channel 10 news-mobile phone evidence. Nothing new- can't believe I sat through 15 minutes of Bold and the Beautiful for THAT!

Yeah we heard last week about the video facetime call to NBC...they just report on it now...woww channel 10 you are sooo up with the latest...not!!!!...lol..

That was a rubbish report, totally nothing new!

Channel 10 being difficult. We have had the sport, and the finance report, and the traffic report. Report on Baden-Clay still coming, so they say !!

That's annoying, i'm sure they (all media) do that just to keep you tuned in! :maddening:

They know the public are interested, and I think just used it to get higher ratings for their news telecast !!

Nothing really new. Channel 10 just stated that a new line of enquiry due to face phone call between GBC & NBC. This information only emerged day before bail application. NBC refused to comment.

They know the public are interested, and I think just used it to get higher ratings for their news telecast !!

... and I missed part of my favourite show because of that! :what:

Maybe this means that we're going to hear more about this soon, in the form of an arrest?? Hhmmmmm I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP