NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to say anything to TM. I think she is suffering with her own demons and will for a long time. I think she feel in love with GBC and that was her weakness. A lawyer once said to me "Falling in love is being in a state of temporary insanity". "Once it happens you are like a moth to a flame". She had poor judgement and got sucked in. Her life will never be the same IMO and don't forget she has her own children and parents to deal with.Victim or not she is paying a big price for her mistake.

well said

That is a truly awful story for everyone involved. Must have been very scary. No level of violence should be condoned, regardless of any sense of revenge or anger. The media would probably love it because of the drama and level of discussion it would generate.

I hope your friend has recovered well. Just out of curiosity, did your friend know she was dating a married man - if so, can you shed any light on why she made this decision? Understand if that's too much info to share. I'm really curious as to why some women (and men) make this conscious choice - it just bamboozles me. I've heard the justification that you can't help who you love, it just happened, etc, but that just seems like emotional immaturity to me - most of us experience strong feelings (good and bad) at one point or another, but most can rationalise before acting on these, particularly if drawn out over an extended period of time. Though it doesn't sound like the wife had that ability to rationalise!

BBM

Good question, Strangeworld. I think that, for some people, the need to be loved is so strong that they are willing to put logic, common sense and even morality aside if someone comes along whom they feel strong physical attraction for who also appears to genuinely care for them.

Women seem to crave love more than men do and females who have been in marriages where they have felt unappreciated for a long time will, in my opinion, be desperately craving for someone to care about them.

This makes them highly vulnerable to the con men, cheats, users and philanderers.

No, it doesn't make what the woman does right. Not at all...but I think it may help to answer your question.

MOO!

Hello, I am back from jail......firstly Case Closed and Mothergoose...I was hoping you would both accept my apologies for being rude....I dont know what got into me...even my daughters told me I was acting like a cranky old lady.....and I hope everyone else is ok Im back xxxxxxxxx

I don't want to say anything to TM. I think she is suffering with her own demons and will for a long time. I think she fell in love with GBC and that was her weakness. A lawyer once said to me "Falling in love is like being in a state of temporary insanity". "Once it happens you are like a moth to a flame". She had poor judgement and got sucked in. Her life will never be the same IMO and don't forget she has her own children and parents to deal with.Victim or not she is paying a big price for her mistake.

She might end up paying an even larger price if it turns out she's involved in the murder in any way at all.

To date I've not read or heard Inspector Ainsworth say there will be no more arrests/no one else was involved in Allison's murder.

Hello, I am back from jail......firstly Case Closed and Mothergoose...I was hoping you would both accept my apologies for being rude....I dont know what got into me...even my daughters told me I was acting like a cranky old lady.....and I hope everyone else is ok Im back xxxxxxxxx

Welcome back ollijack :)...yikess..that pic!!!...lol.

Oh my goodness ollijack, I know I shouldn't, but I am LOL seeing your avatar!

It doesn't actually say that this was the first time they spoke to her. I'm really curious if there was a previous meeting between TM and the police, or some sort of communication.

Thanks Strangeworld, you are correct it doesnt actually say that this was the first time they spoke to her, just the way it is written it to me suggests that it is the first time the spoke to her and I cant find any other media reports before this date where it is mentioned that they had spoken to her.

Would certainly be interesting to know if there was a previous meeting though.

Thanks Strangeworld, you are correct it doesnt actually say that this was the first time they spoke to her, just the way it is written it to me suggests that it is the first time the spoke to her and I cant find any other media reports before this date where it is mentioned that they had spoken to her.

Totally agree. It seems to insinuate their first meeting. At the very least, the first significant meeting. Really appreciate you digging out the article.

:waitasec:Hi, Were you rude to me ? I tend to have a 'water off a ducks back' attitude so couldn't have been too bad as I can't recall. Welcome back :)

Yes, I'm also interested to know who initiated the contact and when. Will any of these details be available after the committal hearing ?

IMO
JMO
MOO

That is a truly awful story for everyone involved. Must have been very scary. No level of violence should be condoned, regardless of any sense of revenge or anger. The media would probably love it because of the drama and level of discussion it would generate.

I hope your friend has recovered well. Just out of curiosity, did your friend know she was dating a married man - if so, can you shed any light on why she made this decision? Understand if that's too much info to share. I'm really curious as to why some women (and men) make this conscious choice - it just bamboozles me. I've heard the justification that you can't help who you love, it just happened, etc, but that just seems like emotional immaturity to me - most of us experience strong feelings (good and bad) at one point or another, but most can rationalise before acting on these, particularly if drawn out over an extended period of time. Though it doesn't sound like the wife had that ability to rationalise!

Hi Strangeworld - Yes it was just a very upsetting time for her. I remember her being in complete shock and very concerned that she might come back another day and attack her again.

She was aware he was married but they ran into each other one night whilst celebrating with their respective friends ( sadly I wasn't there to stop her that night. She says that they were both pretty drunk, had a big pash and before they knew if were intimately entwined. A one night stand she thought, however he kept pursuing her, flattering her and telling her how he and his wife were both unhappy in the marriage and that he thought she was his soul mate and wanted to be with her. Yada yada Basically every line in the book.

MY friend gave him until Xmas to decide if he was going to leave his wife. He told her that he had to go through the motions of counselling ( which turned out to be a complete lie) the wife apparently had no idea there was a problem in her marriage. I think my friend rang him one night at Christmas when she had had a few - that's how the wife found out. The rest they say is history.

She was only 27 when this happened - she is 39 now and still has not found Mr Right. She has a serious "no attached men policy" ever since and occasionally shares her story about why women should definitely avoid married men.

With iCloud ( if its switched on) EVERYTHING is automatically sent there except SMS content. Everything else is sent - emails, calender entries, notes, find my iPhone activity...

.. not everything, only what you choose to when you set up the iCloud part of it. I have mine set up for photos only.

The only thing I know that isn't already public knowledge regarding Toni has nothing to do with the affair with GBC nor the murder of ABC.

I am confident the police thought to ask of her whereabouts on the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but being her friend do YOU know?

.. not everything, only what you choose to when you set up the iCloud part of it. I have mine set up for photos only.

Yeah - I'm not backing anything up - we can but hope that Allison was conscientiously backing everything up....

IMO
JMO
MOO

Hi Strangeworld - Yes it was just a very upsetting time for her. I remember her being in complete shock and very concerned that she might come back another day and attack her again.

She was aware he was married but they ran into each other one night whilst celebrating with their respective friends ( sadly I wasn't there to stop her that night. She says that they were both pretty drunk, had a big pash and before they knew if were intimately entwined. A one night stand she thought, however he kept pursuing her, flattering her and telling her how he and his wife were both unhappy in the marriage and that he thought she was his soul mate and wanted to be with her. Yada yada Basically every line in the book.

MY friend gave him until Xmas to decide if he was going to leave his wife. He told her that he had to go through the motions of counselling ( which turned out to be a complete lie) the wife apparently had no idea there was a problem in her marriage. I think my friend rang him one night at Christmas when she had had a few - that's how the wife found out. The rest they say is history.

She was only 27 when this happened - she is 39 now and still has not found Mr Right. She has a serious "no attached men policy" ever since and occasionally shares her story about why women should definitely avoid married men.

Thanks so much for posting this :)

I have spent days reading through these forums.

First and foremost I am devastated for the three girls who lost their mother at the hands of presumably their own father.

My thoughts are with Allison's family. I hope they find the strength they need to try and work through this unforgivable crime!

---
Do you all think Allison knew what he was capable of? Of course not! So tell me... How could Toni?

Most people in life like to see the best in people, especially people we love. I am bemused at the fingers that have been pointed at Toni who is a victim here!

She foolishly fell in love with a married man, sadly it happens every day. The heart wants what it wants and sometimes it rules the head.

It frustrates me to read comments like "she shouldn't have 'gone after' a married man" how do know that she was not the one pursued - he was her boss, he had the position of power. Him sleazing on to her seems more plausible given cassinova was juggling a wife and 3 lovers!

It frustrates me that people say she "demanded" that he leave his wife. When? Just because he e-mailed her saying he made her a commitment to leave his wife by a certain date doesn't mean she demanded it - it seems more likely that she was sick of sneaking around and was going to put an end to it and he encouraged her to keep up the affair promising that he will leave his wife. It's a story been told thousands of times before!

It frustrates me that people comment on her appearance as if the affair would be more acceptable if the photos of her released by the media were more flattering it would some how be ok? She is absolutely beautiful in person.

No one but she knows why she fell in love with a married man - most of make mistakes of the heart but that doesn't mean she had any idea it would end this way.

She is a victim. Her life will never be the same again. She could have been the one who was killed if he could work out away to cash in on her demise!

He is a gutless man fuelled by greed! He preys on people to take advantage of. Toni is just one more on a long list of people who is hurting due to the actions of this spineless snake!

Hi ... I agree with most of what you have outlined above, EXCEPT the affair part. She knew he was married, she knew Allison, she worked there. Whether she was relentlessly pursued by GBC or not, she could have said "NO". I will never excuse a person who agrees to enter into an affair with someone who is married. Perhaps (and I don't know your circumstances) if you were the partner who has been cheated on (like me), you would think differently.

People always say "once a cheater, always a cheater...". I don't believe this. I thoroughly trust my husband.
I snipped your post respectfully and anyone wanting to read the whole post can just click on the
viewpost.gif
after your name in the quote.

I actually don't believe it either because then you can say the same about any similar generalised statement. 'Once a victim, always a victim', 'Once an abuser, always an abuser' and so on.

It gives people no room to move, no hope for change, no way for trust to build because it sets that person in stone. It's a pretty narrow way of thinking in my opinion but one you do see flouted about from time to time.

All anyone can hope for at this stage I reckon, is have faith that the right person goes down for Allison's murder. What I dislike about trials is the cat and mouse tactics played between the prosecution and defence where sometimes it seems to be more like a game about how clever each side is rather than about justice.

If GBC threw her iphone into bushes or a creek, around what he will describe later as her usual walking route, he probably accessed it remotely , later , to disable it and all of its contents. He would want to ensure that no one ever finds out the incriminating information it contains.
It's easy to wipe its contents and disable it from being located.
He knows he can do this just by logging into her iPhone app " find iPhone "
He is now very confident that no one will ever get information off it remotely,

But, just in case it is suspected and proven that he accessed this app and could do this, he sends a text to ABC saying specifically " app not working" because to know this, he has to access the app in the first place.

This text is so obvious. It's his excuse for accessing her iPhone remotely. To find her. Good cover.
I suspect they later told him it was traced to around the house to watch his reaction to this information and hopefully catch him if he checks it or tries to move it, if he did still have it hidden somewhere.

But if the iPhone was planted nearby, on/near a walking route, he would expect it to be found. Why then would he incriminate himself by wiping the phone remotely?

Sorry, am a bit behind in this thread again...might've been mentioned already.

Yes, but being her friend do YOU know?

Have I seriously not answered this question from you already?

I know I have as you quoted me.

AGAIN - pertaining to the affair with GBC and the murder of ABC I only aware of information that the rest of the general public is privy to

It's pretty sad that people these days have become de-sensitised to extra-marital affairs. Especially ones that have been going on for over 3 and a half years. Imo, TM deserves no sympathy. It's pretty simple, don't have sex with another womans husband and you'll be fine. You can't get caught up in a messy situation that way. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95