NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? How do you know that? Because the QPS say it was murder, or are they in fact only ALLEGING it was murder?

FACT: Autopsy - no cause of death ascertained.

No cause of death... hmmm..... Now, I have read of cases where there was no body even and a person was convicted, however this was always with a whole big bunch of solid evidence, not speculation about finances and romance.

No cause of death. QPS will be very hard pressed to prove murder.

no the COD has not been released, that us different to not known.....

Really? How do you know that? Because the QPS say it was murder, or are they in fact only ALLEGING it was murder?

No cause of death... hmmm..... Now, I have read of cases where there was no body even and a person was convicted, however this was always with a whole big bunch of solid evidence, not speculation about finances and romance.

There is no speculation about romance ... TM has acknowledged it. I have also heard of case where people have been convicted of murder on compelling circumstantial evidence only. You are right, we don't know for sure if he has committed this murder, but it is more likely than not that he did do it. IMO.

i apologise for any typos i make......the tablet cannot keep up with my typing.

:rocker:bayside, your posts are always intelligent and well written and have been since the very beginning, just thought id put it out there :D
:rocker:

I am stunned that Sica has been found guilty with no actual evidence like DNA or eyewitness linking him to the crime, they have much more circumstantial evidence on GBC, so I am guessing now that he also will be found guilty in time.

Exactly, we do not know the whole story.

If the business was going as badly as has been implied, then logically he would have made a decision to allow it to fold, however we just do not know. That the QPS could not see how he would come up with the money is meaningless, he knew a lot of people they do not.

I am just pointing out that the "dire financial circumstances" is a HUGE beatup.

I don't think QPS are in the habit of just making things up. Alot of what GBC allegedly did, may not be logical..Do you not think QPS would have exhausted all avenues in investigating the financial situation as well as the rest of GBC and ABC situation and lives? I am sure they would have looked into that as well. MOO. Your statement that the dire financial circumstances is a HUGE beat up, is your opinion, not necessarily fact.

From day 1 the QPS had their suspicions. Before affairs or financial problems were mentioned. Something made them react faster than a report of a missing person normally would.
I think we will be surprised at the amount of evidence that will come out during the trial. There has to be a cause of death. ABC died of something. From what I understand, the COD has net been released yet. IMO

Hi LJ, do you have any links for this at all? Thanks.

I have one quick question for you. What is in your opinion, the difference between what a 'white collar' business owner vs. 'blue collar' thinks in relation to crime and money?

Google is your friend. Essentially, a Proprietary Limited Company director is only liable for debts they have personally guaranteed.

I'm not so sure about crime, but in regard to money they think very differently (in general). Business people understand how to keep personal finances separate from business, so generally they do not freak out even if the business goes bad, whereas with a blue collar worker, the only money they have are their wages and hopefully some small investments and to whom a figure like $300K would generally be scary (eg. mortgage stress), since they are liable for everything.

No offense, but if you are going to say "its been reported" with something so obscure, please provide a link.

Again, $290,000 is not a lot of money. Perhaps it was 30 years ago and perhaps it still is to a blue collar, but for this kind of business it is next to nothing.

GBC was a qualified accountant and spent a good part of his working life as one. What is GBC's PERSONAL debt? I won't believe for a moment that a qualified accountant would allow any of the above to be personal debt. You can be sure that the business was Pty Ltd, meaning that should the business go bankrupt, its essentially no skin off the nose of GBC.

Why is the guarantor in there as a debt? Its just a beat up. Yes, say "One Million Dollars" and sure, the bulk of the population (blue collar) will say "Oh my!!", so padding the figures with an extra $335K makes it look so much more disastrous.

Would GBC kill his wife because of a $290K debt? Don't be stupid, he's aleady proved that he can raise cash when he needs to. Its a QPS beat up, simple as that.

Please check the meaning of "Guarantor". It is a person entity who guarantees the debt (usually of a company). It can be called in like any other debt. There can be no doubt the vultures were circling.

The list of debts I posted from that report gives the amounts he's borrowed from various "people".

What it doesn't mention are any loans from banks or other financial institutions....

To date, I don't think we've heard a 1/4 of the debts owed by GBC.

Agreed Marlywings. And IMO there would be a lot of compounding interest building up on loans and other debt.

Ignoring all the financial discussion Lightning Jack, are you able to comment on the other information/evidnce presented to the Courts that enabled GBC to earn a rest at the local Jail?

Im keen to hear your thoughts?

I will be bringing up a number of topics in relation to the "evidence", yes. Just be patient.

As to the refusal of bail, I cannot think of one case in Queensland involving an alleged murder where the defendant made bail, so to me that proves nothing.

Some people can cope quite well with financial problems of large proportions, whilst others lose sleep over a $50 debt to a friend. For a family who is quite aware of their reputation, bankruptcy would be horrifying.

NOT fact. If you read the statements regarding no bail, you will see that the prosecution did not hand over all their evidence, they were not required to at this point.

Looking at the forensic manual posted on here it should have taken a couple of hours to get the logs. So not sure why it took so long. Also surprised there was no local expertise as I seem to remember them saying it was sent down to NSW for examination.

Forensic backlogs, apparently QLD and NSW have HUGE backlogs.

Google is your friend. Essentially, a Proprietary Limited Company director is only liable for debts they have personally guaranteed.

I'm not so sure about crime, but in regard to money they think very differently (in general). Business people understand how to keep personal finances separate from business, so generally they do not freak out even if the business goes bad, whereas with a blue collar worker, the only money they have are their wages and hopefully some small investments and to whom a figure like $300K would generally be scary (eg. mortgage stress), since they are liable for everything.

Thank you LJ. Google is not my friend at the moment. Latin isn't my first language and I had to look up ad homine in order to follow you.

Cheers.

No offense, but if you are going to say "its been reported" with something so obscure, please provide a link.

Again, $290,000 is not a lot of money. Perhaps it was 30 years ago and perhaps it still is to a blue collar, but for this kind of business it is next to nothing.

GBC was a qualified accountant and spent a good part of his working life as one. What is GBC's PERSONAL debt? I won't believe for a moment that a qualified accountant would allow any of the above to be personal debt. You can be sure that the business was Pty Ltd, meaning that should the business go bankrupt, its essentially no skin off the nose of GBC.

Why is the guarantor in there as a debt? Its just a beat up. Yes, say "One Million Dollars" and sure, the bulk of the population (blue collar) will say "Oh my!!", so padding the figures with an extra $335K makes it look so much more disastrous.

Would GBC kill his wife because of a $290K debt? Don't be stupid, he's aleady proved that he can raise cash when he needs to. Its a QPS beat up, simple as that.

As a loans officer for a bank for 15 years, I can assure you that no financial institution would lend to a company without guarantees from the directors. This would, not only link in anything owned by the directors as security for the debt, it also ensures the Directors give the business their best because what they own is at stake.
Also, for franchises like Century 21, guarantees from the owners of the whole franchise name can be taken as security. Involving the big boys would be quite embarrassing for GBC and the family. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle