NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightning,it would be super if you could share your opinions on what you believe actually happened, and by who, and any motive you might have theorised? Im not able to grasp your intention here, specifically regarding the financial trouble he was in, or as you say, NOT IN? Its possible I may have missed some posts, it is hard to keep up sometimes

Thanks

From that same report...

Police commonly withhold the cause of death in murder investigations and yesterday said they would not be officially commenting on how Mrs Baden-Clay died.

You are wrong there. Cause of death was not ascertained.

just because cause of death is not known by you, does not mean cause of death is not known. IMO it means cause of death is not going to be announced publicly for all and sundry at this point in time.

Interesting.

So, there was $290K due by June 30. SO the QPS say.

QPS also say that GBC made a commitment to be with McHugh around the same date?

So, lets put two and two together and we get:

GBC promised to McHugh that he would be out of debt by June 30.

Let me say this: That is highly imaginitive of the QPS!

I think a more likely scenario is that GBC had decided that he would let the business fold by that date and not pay the BUSINESS debt. Pty Ltd, no skin off his nose.... really. Certainly not murder, thats just stupid.

Thanks for that, Neville, ahem LJ, sorry....:floorlaugh:

I think you will find Jack that the word 'Innocent' means different things depending on the context. Legally speaking it means that evidence sufficient to prove guilt to a certain artificially set standard is not available. Does it mean that the person has NOT committed the crime?

Yes, this is true. The accepted norm amongst the judiciary is "We would rather see a guilty person go free than an innocent person jailed" (even though the innocent are at times jailed).

It can actually be unlawful to say certain things regarding a case that is ongoing (which begins when the person is arrested). Just ask Derryn Hinch :)

This forum is actually quite tame in relation to aussiecriminals dot com dot au, and at least here poeople are free to speak, whereas there if you talk as I do you will quickly be censored and banned.

just because cause of death is not known by you, does not mean cause of death is not known. IMO it means cause of death is not going to be announced publicly for all and sundry at this point in time.

When you think about it, why should they release the cause of death to the public. It is not any of our business. Maybe the family have requested it be kept private until it has to be revealed at trial. Understandable.

You are wrong there. Cause of death was not ascertained.

LightningJack, instead of telling people they're wrong, will you post links to verify your claims please?

You stated that it is a FACT that Allison's autopsy showed no cause I death. I want to see where that was stated please?

Please educate yourself on "Proprietary Limited Companies". Most Australian companies are such. You are thinking of "Public Companies".

Was his business a Pty Ltd company though? I thought Century 21 was a franchise? That may involve a holding company that "holds" the franchise, I guess, but I have no idea as to just how his business was structured.

NOT fact. If you read the statements regarding no bail, you will see that the prosecution did not hand over all their evidence, they were not required to at this point.

The defense did however have access to the autopsy. It was they who stated there is no COD.

Could be totally wrong but I can see a scenario whereby GBC was reeling TM back in with his promise of the 1st of July, and he was going to be the rat off the sinking ship of his personal and business debt, and be supported by TM, here's another nautical tautology, a heavy anchor for her to drag around for a decade or so. He could probably continue with some façade of his man about town with her. That may have been the "real" plan with the fantasy of cleaning up with Allison's life insurance as a daydream, which became more and more compelling with how it would free him from it all, no messy divorce and shame of bankruptcy and lots of attention and symptahy if he had pulled it off well. I think he spent a lot of time thinking about how great that money would be and not so much time thinking about the crime itself.

For a family who is quite aware of their reputation, bankruptcy would be horrifying.

I do not agree with this statement at all. Have you ever mixed with people who are well to do? Almost all of them have had failures and there is no shame in that whatsoever. Too much TV I think.

If my spouse was killed in horrific circumstances I would demand updates from the police on a constant basis. I'd practically LIVE at the police station until the perpetrator was caught. I would have expected to be suspected so I would have given an open and honest statement immediately. I would be expressing my gratitude to the police and the public for their support and diligence. I would consider myself to be a 'reasonable' person and hopefully the jury will consist of 'reasonable' persons who think that behavior like GBC's is so 'unreasonable' that it carries some weight towards a guilty verdict. Many ordinary Aussies are in dire financial circumstances at the moment and I would hazard a guess that some have big life insurance policies too. However, couples in love and happy together don't look at financial solutions like death benefits. A life insurance payout is only a lottery win for someone who has no emotional loss, such as someone looking to jump off the marital ship.

I do not agree with this statement at all. Have you ever mixed with people who are well to do? Almost all of them have had failures and there is no shame in that whatsoever. Too much TV I think.

Yes, actually I have. My lending experience taught me that the "blue collars"
as you call them are afraid of losing things, ie house , car etc.
To the ones from the big end of town reputation is everything. Because it shows that you failed once. You could fail again. And bankruptcy means you cannot borrow funds or be a company director for 5 - 7 years.

The defense did however have access to the autopsy. It was they who stated there is no COD.

I believe they did not have full access to the autopsy or COD. I could be wrong. But I believe that was the case.

The defence also said it was not proven to be Allisons blood in the back of the Captiva..Yet Prosceution said it was.

No I think even that <modsnip> might have managed to get himself out of 120K worth of trouble without having to take Allisons life to cash in.

Agreed, he had $150,000 in nvestments he could have cashed in which would have taken care of the $120,000 and kept him afloat for a bit longer.

I think my idea of the blog owner was correct........GBC is not the only one not answering questions.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie