NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible! Terrible for anyone, but an innocent little kid - just terrible :(

It would be hard to believe that he could be any more callous and disregarding of others. If it turns our he dumped her body on the scout grounds, well, he's just going to rot in hell

Well, he must have forgotten it's also used by mountain bikers a lot of the time and they even have competitions up there.

He probably knew about bikers but did not care enough. Bikers do not ride too close to the river banks usually, and may be not too attentive to details when riding fast. The perp, IMO, pushed the body into the creek and put something heavy on it, like a log or something. Then, with elevated water level, the log freed the body, so it drifted down the creek to the bridge. JMO.

The question remains: who held a torch?

I think she was put in the water at the scout camp. Objections to the idea she ended up under the bridge in the flood water because a) the crime was premeditated and he wanted her found or b) it seems too far fetched she ended up where she did given the many other places she may have gone do not sway me.

I don't think GBC "planned" his crime as such, as I've written before I think he fantasised about elements of it, focusing on his problems being solved. Like everything else he has seemed to muck up, he dreams big, details are not important and where he gets tripped up. So someone who doesn't realise ringing the insurance company before the body is identified not only looks bad but is useless, may not realise should she not turn up he will have to wait years for the money. The execution of the fantasy was slap dash and while the main theme has a logic (cheating financially irresponsible husband murders wife for insurance money) the details will not follow that logic, as the consequences and appearances were not considered.

As for where she ended up when she could have got caught up in anything, anywhere. But I think about catching a wave when you body surf, you are carried by the water until you hit the sandy floor, where you slow down until you stop, the water no longer strong enough to carry you. So more likely to be spat up on the shore by the river than caught in something in deep moving water. Plus these things are not an exact science right, so even if in all probability she should have been caught up somewhere or gone into the brisbane river it only takes one random event ... a trolley in the creek, a branch, to change what happens.

Anyway, speculation aside, this is one thing that will be known without too much doubt in the fullness of time.

Re: GBCs finances.

I hate owing anyone money. Even if I borrow $2 for a drink I will return it ASAP otherwise I always feel terrible! I couldn't imagine owing people $100ks! I would constantly be taking xanax to calm myself down.

I think she was put in the water at the scout camp. Objections to the idea she ended up under the bridge in the flood water because a) the crime was premeditated and he wanted her found or b) it seems too far fetched she ended up where she did given the many other places she may have gone do not sway me.

I don't think GBC "planned" his crime as such, as I've written before I think he fantasised about elements of it, focusing on his problems being solved. Like everything else he has seemed to muck up, he dreams big, details are not important and where he gets tripped up. So someone who doesn't realise ringing the insurance company before the body is identified not only looks bad but is useless, may not realise should she not turn up he will have to wait years for the money. The execution of the fantasy was slap dash and while the main theme has a logic (cheating financially irresponsible husband murders wife for insurance money) the details will not follow that logic, as the consequences and appearances were not considered.

As for where she ended up when she could have got caught up in anything, anywhere. But I think about catching a wave when you body surf, you are carried by the water until you hit the sandy floor, where you slow down until you stop, the water no longer strong enough to carry you. So more likely to be spat up on the shore by the river than caught in something in deep moving water. Plus these things are not an exact science right, so even if in all probability she should have been caught up somewhere or gone into the brisbane river it only takes one random event ... a trolley in the creek, a branch, to change what happens.

Anyway, speculation aside, this is one thing that will be known without too much doubt in the fullness of time.

I agree with you in that he didn't meticulously plan the whole thing IMO, but I do believe she was placed under the bridge. If she was washed down, why didn't she get caught in one of the pylons, but landed just in-between two of them?

If she was washed down, why didn't she get caught in one of the pylons, but landed just in-between two of them?

It could be due to turbulence of the water flow she was in.

iain1.gif

I agree with you in that he didn't meticulously plan the whole thing IMO, but I do believe she was placed under the bridge. If she was washed down, why didn't she get caught in one of the pylons, but landed just in-between two of them?

The same reason you could wash up on the beach shore between two legs of a jetty? You are carried up until you hit ground, slowing to a stop, the water recedes, the pylons not in your trajectory.

Great defense idea for GBC- take some advice from the NSW players!! You'll get the penalty every time :)

The same reason you could wash up on the beach shore between two legs of a jetty? You are carried up until you hit ground, slowing to a stop, the water recedes, the pylons not in your trajectory.

Fully understand that, however to me it seem too much of a coincidence she came to rest in-between the pylons and not before or after the structure.

Hi Mani Yes-old news from yesterday. On page 40 of this thread Nads posted a link to his 000 call and news article you may find interesting.

Oops where did Mani's post go? I'm confused.

Jools it was mentioned very early on by a local. I can remember that one. I have just done a search and Thinking mentioned the car at the showgrounds on May 1st, around post #600 I think.

The local who told me a bunch of gossip was very accurate as far as I can tell (mistress, possible DV, business financial issues, car movements, father involvement), all before anything was published. The same local told me a police officer told them Allison's car had been found at the Showgrounds. I mentioned this in an earlier thread then someone pointed out a newspaper article that said both cars were found at the home. At that point I said my source must be mistaken or the police officer told them something inaccurate. I still have doubts and wonder if her car was spotted at the Showgrounds following the initial return/panic, then maybe moved again... Or the MSM mention may have been inaccurate. No idea really, but the idea of the car being at the show grounds has come from a number of sources. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member